Sanjaya Prepares for Retirement

5/27/2008 6:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Hold on to your scrunchie! Despite being on his 16th minute of fame, pony-hawked "Idol" wannabeen Sanjaya Malakar is going Nationwide.

Instead of performing at the opening of an outlet mall or local balloon festival like his fellow "Idol" losers, Sanji followed in the bankrupt footsteps of MC Hammer and Kevin Federline and filmed the latest ad for Nationwide insurance in India today.

The theme of the commercial is about planning for your retirement -- something that happened to Sanjaya the minute he was voted off "A.I."

Sharona

I had much rather seen him win than gay boy Cook. His academy awards crying performance is still cracking me up.

Ryan

He looks fab. Eat it jellus haters...

This is only the new start, as long as he dumps the stage mom from hell. Hi Jillian!

anon

The long hair is beautiful. It reminds me of when I first saw him. Is his mother exchanging notes with David Archuleta's dad? AI needs to do better background checks, and to protect the children they make money off of.

Sandra

I find it disturbing that you get off on bad-mouthing a young kid. Yes, he is just a kid idiot!!!!

snickerdoodle58

HE IS A TOTAL DORK, DAVID ARCHIE COULD AT LEAST SING,
SANHAWK COULD NOT SING A LICK, AND THERE IS NO WAY ANYONE WOULD
RELEASE A ALBUM FOR HIM, HE IS A JOKE, A LAUGHING STOCK,
HIS SISTER WAS TEN TIMES BETTER THEN HIM SHE SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN THERE,
HE NEEDS TO CLIMB UNDER A ROCK AND HIDE, WHAT A LOSER.

snickerdoodle58

SANHAWK IS DOG UGLY, AND A REAL WASTE OF A HUMAN,

ers

Unlike you pathetic people, Sanjaya would not say a mean word about you or anyone.
You really should feel ashamed. If you took the time to get to know more about him,
you would definitely stop criticizing him. Everyone has to start somewhere and it looks
like Sanjaya has already done better than all of you at TMZ. Looking forward to
the commercial. Go Sanjaya!!!

ers

snickerdoodle58 why do you feel the need to bash Sanjaya? Did he ever do anything to
you personally? Everyone has their opinions and their likes and dislikes in music. You
have the right to dislike someone's music but you really don't need to make it a point of
bashing that person. I think David A would be embarrassed to know that one of his fans
behaved in this manner. LIke I said before, EVERYONE has to start somewhere. Give
Sanjaya a break. He is just doing what every other person who made it to Idol would do
if given the opportunity.

Scott

Why so bitchy, TMZ? Heavy flow day?

Megan

Sanjaya is awesome! I love him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And don't diss the fo-hawk!

barbara

he is very funny in person,handsome and a beautiful voice . i just wish they would hurry up with that tv show that sanjaya and his sister are supposed to do, before they get too old.! It would be soo darling, but they better hurry before they loose that little window of time called youth!

nancita

Sanjaya is alright. The wrong David won this year though, David ARCHULETA should have but COOK is okay too. But now that he DID, PLEASE let go of the ROCKER SHOULD WIN thing and let's get some other kind of winners. Chris DAUGHTRY is avenged, since another similar singer who shares his propensity for kyping other people's unique takes on songs that he finds on the internet. As I said too bad DAVID ARCHULETA didn't prevail, as I much prefer him and he is the ONLY IDOL this year where I looked forward to his performance and actually REPLAYED many of them several or more times. Especially 'APPALACHIAN MEMORIES' and the finale song among others.
Oh, and it would be nice for a HISPANIC winner and for him NOT to come in SECOND again as he did on 'STAR SEARCH'. Oh well, GOOD LUCK DAVID A., I MULTI-VOTED FOR YOU LAST TUESDAY YOU CUTIE!!!

nancita

I'M NUMBER 44 AND 45 COMMENT, WHOOO WHOOO!!!

Studly

Sanjaya Malakar and Sadhu

aaorn

To hell with him. What's up with his sister...she's hot!!!