Tony to Jess: No Mo' Joe or I Go!

5/28/2008 2:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

So here's the latest as the Tony Romo-Jess Simpson world turns: They're seeing each other again, but only if Papa Joe Simpson stays totally on the sidelines.

A college pal of Tony's tells the Chicago Sun-Times that the Cowboy "made it super-clear that if they were to give another go, her dad had to seriously back off." This go-round is "a trial thing" and will only work if Joe leaves the couple alone and doesn't try to QB the QB.

The pair have been very publicly out and about in the past few days.

Big One About to Drop in R. Kelly Trial

The bombshell witness in the R. Kelly trial -– a woman who claims she had a three-way with R. and the alleged victim – is due to testify today.

The defense is clearly rattled – they tried to force her removal from the witness list completely, but the judge nixed that. The woman, who lives in Georgia, is expected to ID the girl on the pee-pee tape and to verify that she was a minor at the time.

Yesterday, a woman who worked for Kelly reluctantly ID'd the singer as the guy in the tape.

Swayze -– Havin' Some Cows

A TMZ operative spotted Patrick Swayze at a Laker game over the weekend looking swell (at least until he got assaulted by Paula Abdul, right), and he's saying publicly that he's responding "well" to treatment for pancreatic cancer.

He tells People that he and wife Lisa have "been back and forth from New Mexico enjoying the arrival of spring and new baby calves." What's more, he's still "continuing treatment at Stanford and the great news is I continue to respond well." Patrick announced his cancer back in March.

Party Favors: Mike Lohan on LiLo – Nothing Wrong with That ... Cindy Margolis Splits from Hubby ... Estelle Loves Her Some "American Boy"

Michael Lohan tells the New York Daily News that he doesn't much care if Lindsay is mackin' with Sam Ronson. "Lindsay's life choices are up to her," says MiLo. "I don't get involved in my daughter's personal life." ... Former Internet sensation Cindy Margolis and husband Guy Starkman have split after nine years of marriage, reports Usmagazine.com. Margolis will be in the July issue of Playboy. ... We're told that Brit R&B songstress Estelle was crooning her hit "American Boy" at the Inocente Tequila Launch Party at Hamptons hotspot Lily Pond.

wasted days and wasted nights

Joe, PLEASE give these lovebirds a chance. With gratitude, a fan of a team that has to play the Cowboys.

T

Joe's nick name should be Daddy Creepy. This guy is living his perverted life through his daughters. He wants his 15 seconds of fame and is whoring his daughters out to get it. They both need to find managers that cut him out of the picture. Same with David Archuleta. Both dads are only out for themselves no matter what the cost to their childrens lives and abilities to have successful relationships. They both give me the creeps!

Disgusting

It's great that Swayze is doing well, but it is not right that he is allowed to use that restricted military airstrip. He's just an actor. His illness is not more important than others who are ill. Everyone should be allowed to use this airstrip.

ReneeNW

Sorry,Tony. If you are involved with Jessica you will always be involved with Joe. He will never be out of the picture. Tony and Jessica will not last. Jessica and anybody will not last.

Standing by the edge

Jessica looks happy as can be to be back with Tony but I don't think she knows how to put the boundries up as far as with her dad. How can she? She's been brainwashed her whole life that only daddy knows best and only he can have her best interests at heart. She's doomed for failure and heartbreak for the rest of her life unless Joe changes and how likely is that? Joe is consumed with being the manager and making as much money as possible off of his daughters. Boy, did he ever change from being a humble preacher. I don't know how he can be so selfish in seeing Jessica devastated time after time due to his heavy handedness and not feel bad as a father to see his daughter so hurt. I guess the old 'money being the root of all evil' rings true.

pay atention

Yeah!! Maybe Jessica will finally let the man in her life be the ONLY MAN!!!!! A real man doesn't want to share his woman with her father????? That Joe is a Sickooooo!!!

texano girl

What are you doing Tony? or what are you thinking with? You finally got out of all the drama and could focus on a bit of
normalcy and your career. Just when your PR people are putting out articles to make your image positive again, here you
go being a moron. Do you like being the laughing stock of the NFL? Get a grip and get away from that crazy family.
Your jersey is staying in the closet until you start making some good decisions. I don't want to be seen in it.

E. Alneda

What cracks me up is how the media is trying to act like they had the story right all along when in reality, they never broke up. That's why you never saw People.com say anything but "allegedly" or "reported." If it really happened, they would know. I can call and say I'm a college friend and they'd take my word for it, too. I have an idea, why don't you leave them in peace??

Erin

My thoughts and prayers go out to Cindy Margolis. She is one of the few celebrities out there who is not only drop dead gorgeous but has a heart of gold. She her book 'Having a baby when the old fashioned way isn't working' helped me and my wife get thru our infertility. She posed for Playboy and gave the $$ to help people have babies. I heard that she's had 3 babies named after her for all the good work she has done. She also started the Internet by being the first model ever named Most Downloaded Woman. Any man would be lucky to have Cindy Margolis in their life. I wish her nothing but future happiness.

noitall

R. KELLY..........THIS NASTY TRASH IS THE SPITTING IMAGE (GROSS CORN ROWS AND ALL) OF M. VICK !!!!

WHAT'S THE "R" STAND FOR.....RAPIST??? BETTER MAKE SOME MORE ROOM IN THE STATE PEN.....THIS P.O.S. IS GOING AWAY FOR A LOOOOONG TIME !!!!!!!!!

J.D.

I wonder if Daddy Joe will admit he knows how to pick them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Baseball Junkie

FLBiker: In the words of Monty Python, "He's not dead YET."
Good luck, Patrick. I hope you make it. It will be difficult but don't give up.

Go Sox

blueeyes

NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JUST SAY NO TONY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And he had given us Cowboy's fans such high hopes. DUMBASS!!!! I'm thinking seriously of switching allegances. Sorry guys, but Jessica drives me away.

Make It Right!!

It really sucks to be a Dallas Cowboys fan right now, doesn't it??? LOL !!! That Tony Romo fumble on the 1 yard line against Seattle two years ago was only the beginning of the heartbreak Romo was going to bring to Texas...and as America's Team!! His contract was a waste of money. Now they'll have to have a "Jessica" clause in all football contracts. No famous dumb girls...and that includes Tom Brady dumping his pregnant girlfriend for Gisele!! He can't win the big one now either!! LOL!! But Jessica going on record that Tony LIKES HER DUMB has got to take the cake! What a joke he has become. Good for Carrie Underwood...

HC

Way to go Tony! My hat is off to you for stepping to the plate with Pappa Joe. I'm sorry, Jessica instead of you buying you're own house, you should of moved back in with mom & dad. You'll be single the rest of your life if you don't leave the old ball & chain behind. How old are you? Tony, I give you all the credit for standing up to Pappa Joe "The Pimp".

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments