Karma Bites Lil' Wayne in the Butt

5/29/2008 2:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

A lot of times, when the lil' guy -- in this case, a singer named Karma -- says someone -- Lil' Wayne -- jacked his or her song as a sample and wants to get paid, it's a bogus ploy to score some coin. This is not one of those times.

Karma Ann Swanepoel sings a folky-guitary song called "Once" which is -- let's just say -- very prominently featured in his hit song "I Feel Like Dying." In a lawsuit filed in Louisiana, Karma says that Wayne's label has actually been trying to make a deal to use her song, but they haven't agreed. But Lil' W has been pimping out his song everywhere -- MySpace, YouTube, and live on his tour. And now Karma wants relief -- in the form of cold, hard cash.

Lil' Wayne's manager didn't return a call for comment.
Lil Wayne

artstoyz

i can't wait for the new Batman movie to come out! Who is this guy?

rich

BOTH VERSIONS SUCK ASS!! They Both should be playing us for pain and Suffering for the 30 seconds of my life I will never get back

KO

I can't believe Lil Wayne needs to copy someone else lyrics? His songs are absolutely horrible. No talent what so ever!

You know the HipHop industry is hurting when this guy has several tracks playing on the radio...

Hal Turner

That is one ugly boon.

good grief!

lil' Wayne is one ugly a** guy!!! He needs to pay Karma, that poor girl I can imagine just how traumatized she feels, and all because she was in the same room as this ugly guy!

fathead

KARMA IS A VERY TALENTED ARTIST. SHE HAS PLAYED WITH MY SOME OF MY CLOSEST FRIENDS AND HAS ALWAYS BEEN A GENUINE AND HONEST ARTIST. I MUST SAY I AM PRIVILAGED TO HAVE MET HER AND HEARD HER MUSIC - I REALLY APPRECIATE HER LIVE PERFORMANCES... YOU KNOW THE KIND OF PERFORMANCE WHERE THE ARTIST ACTUALLY SINGS AND PLAYS AN INSTRUMENT (GOD FORBID!) LITTLE WAYNE IS JUST ANOTHER DUMB, TALENTLESS RAPPER WITH ENTITLEMENT ISSUES (LIKE MOST OF THE BLACK COMMUNITY IN ATLANTA) AND HE DESERVES TO HAVE THE FIRE SUED OUT OF HIM! WHAT A GREEDY B@STARD.

GO KARMA! AND VIVA LA LESBIANS!

fathead

Ms.Brender

I can't believe either of them are considered "professional". Horrible with no talent!

jbfree

I love that Lil Wayne song but he def bit off that Karma'a hook line, even sounds like her voice on his track..That's a shame, she def needs to get paid.

heather

I love lil wayne, I just got concert tix to go see him I can't wait. but I am shcked that he used someone elses music

Liz

Lie, cheat and steal!

judge

ive seen karma live numerous times for the past five, six years on and off- begining around the time she started here from south africa, and i must say not by choice but for the sheer fact friends made me go, good drink tickets or the other acts interested me more...besides there is never a shortage of lesbians at her show. and i gotta admit at least lil wayne made a hott song outta of it. someone named karma most definitely will be getting paid for it after her lawsuit but, at least its getting radio play now. opposed to being couped up in her cache of songs heard by the nominal fan base she does have. maybe now she can get off the lesbian circuit.

Nicole

LIL WAYNE LOOKS LIKE BROWN DOO-KEY ON TOILET TISSUE. HE NEEDS TO BE FLUSHED!

nataliec

DAMN SOMEONE TELL THIS UGLY ASS THUG TO GO OUT AND GET A CHIN TRANSPLANT...WHILE YOURE THERE DO A MAKEOVER ON THAT UGLY ASS MUG OF YOURS. DUMB CHINLESS IDIOT.

Z