Tyler Blames Rehab on Agony of Da Feet

5/29/2008 7:49 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Rocker Steven Tyler just issued a statement to TMZ about his recent stint in rehab. He claims his "trademark athletic performances" injured his feet, requiring surgery and causing him a bunch of pain. Guess it was hard on the knees!

Tyler tells TMZ "The doctors told me the pain in my feet could be corrected but it would require a few surgeries over time. The 'foot repair' pain was intense, greater than I'd anticipated. The months of rehabilitative care and the painful strain of physical therapy were traumatic. I really needed a safe environment to recuperate where I could shut off my phone and get back on my feet. Make no mistake, AEROSMITH has no plans to stop rocking. There's a new album to record, then another tour."

As TMZ first reported, Tyler checked himself into Dr. Drew's rehab facility earlier this month.

mmmmmm hmmmmm

wow, sad day when mr rock n roll says his rehab is for FOOT Pain...whos the old man now, him or Kirk Douglas lolol

admit it dude, YOU GOT HIGH AND YOU LIKED IT

Amy

For foot pain he checks himself into Dr. Drew's Rehab facility?
Something smells fishy !!!

SHOE SALESMAN AL BONDY

SORRY . I`M NOT A FOOT LOVER , LET ME GET NEXT PAGE .

L.A. Native

...and I thought the story would continue on with "I got strung out on pain killers."

I've known a lot of people that have gone to Las Encinas ~ mental issues, chimcal dependency but never anything physical.

Not buying the BS!

xirus

WTF! so now you go to drug rehab facilities for foot problems?

Zach Swan

Dude - I miss the Toxic Twins. Nothing quite like a band that was so gacked up that the lead singer passed out on stage with some degree of regularity. They were my best customers! Out of rehab and still in denial. Mercy

jef

He was probably addicted to pain killers because of this.

Karen

STEVEN, I LOVE YA...BUT COME ON REHAB FOR FOOT PAIN...MAYBE IT WAS THE PAINKILLERS..YA THINK???

Liz

I love Tyler...................if any of you have ever had foot surgery then, you might know what he is talking about. It is truly one of the most sensitive places on your body. There are so many bones and never endings in your feet that, when you have sugery, the pain is excruciating! The recovery is long and painful!

Since Tyler is a recovering addict I am sure he wanted to take extreme measures to make sure that he was monitored by an MD 24/7 while taking pain meds. I say kudos Stephen! Obviously you knew what you needed to stay clean!

Sassy & Cute

Bull!

xirus

i understand the underlying message on this article, but can celebrities make a statement without putting spin on it? WOW

Me

Uh...perhaps he missed the Dr. Drew Handy Dandy Twelve-Step Program memo. You know, where the first step is admitting we were powerless?

Must've been trying on Dr. Drew bedroom slippers at the time.

Twinker

Denial ain't just a river in Egypt!

DC

There are pain killers that do not affect the mind and just work on the pain. I had rotator cuff surgery,,,,,,,,,,told the Dr. I was allergic to pain meds,,,,,,,,,NARCOTICS,,,,,,,,,,so after the surgery,,what do they give me a script for,,,,,,,,,,,,NARCOTICS!!!!!!!!!! I simply had to remind them to look at my chart and prescribe a pain med for me which was non narcotic,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,point here is ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,WATCH YOUR BACK CAUSE NO ONE ELSE WILL!!!!!!!
Glad you made it back Steve,,,,,,,,,,,,,welcome back and keep coming,,
God Bless,
DC

CoolGirl2008

Translation: Hooked on pain killers.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments