Tyler Blames Rehab on Agony of Da Feet

5/29/2008 7:49 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Rocker Steven Tyler just issued a statement to TMZ about his recent stint in rehab. He claims his "trademark athletic performances" injured his feet, requiring surgery and causing him a bunch of pain. Guess it was hard on the knees!

Tyler tells TMZ "The doctors told me the pain in my feet could be corrected but it would require a few surgeries over time. The 'foot repair' pain was intense, greater than I'd anticipated. The months of rehabilitative care and the painful strain of physical therapy were traumatic. I really needed a safe environment to recuperate where I could shut off my phone and get back on my feet. Make no mistake, AEROSMITH has no plans to stop rocking. There's a new album to record, then another tour."

As TMZ first reported, Tyler checked himself into Dr. Drew's rehab facility earlier this month.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

Momof3

Steven Tyler is a wonderful and kind human being who is open and incredibly accessible and sweet to fans, often to his own detriment. If he is having surgeries, he needs pain killers, and with his history, I think it is very wise to spend his recovery in a rehab center, where he can be treated under supervision and kept out of the public eye.

The problem with someone like Steven is that he is SO open that he knows everyone where he lives- He can't go anywhere and just be left alone. Add to that the pain he's dealing with, and I think it's a pretty good idea to go to a rehab center.

Steven has always been brutally honest about his behavior and addictions, and there is no reason for him to do otherwise now. The man recognized he needed to go to a rehab center and he did it. He wasn't court ordered, he didn't go there to save his declining reputation after public bad behavior. Give the man some credit.

And he is MUCH better looking in person than in photos.

Monique

People please stop being so mean! Have you heard the saying "For the grace of God there goes I" He does not have to tell
us a thing I have met the man and he is honest about his using it is not uncomman for someone to rehab after surgeries I
have been there done that. Steven Love you and see you on tour.
Monique C.

i

Momof3

Thank youj, Monique... So many people are being SO MEAN, and they don't even know the man.

Ms_Tell_It_Like_It_Is

What a bunch of negative haters - how admirable it is for Steven to do whatever it takes to get himself healed. I have foot trouble due to athletics too and it is excrutiating not to mention depressing because you can't go out and do things that you want to do when you are in that kind of pain OR when you are recovering from a surgery. IF (and this is not a certainty) he is having trouble with painkillers, it has not been for very long and again, it is admirable that he nipped his alleged problem in the bud so soon.

GOD BLESS, Steven.... get well soon and thanks for the MANY years of good rocking!

tallarico

oh, right, your foot made you take drugs...But wait! I always thought you said how your tragic and beautiful ex wife was the one who "made you take drugs" and "addicted you to cocaine" (in between surviving your beat downs).
thanks for clearing this up stevie.

Ms.Crystal

If I had known about this article I would've commented sooner LOL. I've loved Steven Tyler for over 20 years - if he was relapsing.......its only to keep his sanity from being with the thing that's always hanging off his arm. Erin Brady needs to take a Permanent Vacation.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5