American Apparel Employee: My Boss Is a Jerk Off

5/30/2008 9:04 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

American Apparel is being sued by a woman who claims masturbation was not part of the job requirement.
Read the docs
Jeneleen Floyd claims she worked for the company in the product placement department since 2005. She says Dov Charney, the C.E.O., was your basic monster boss. ln the lawsuit, filed today in L.A. County Superior Court, Floyd claims last March, Charney went nuts on her, doing this and that. She says it got out of control when he "made several references to an interview he had conducted with Jane magazine wherein he had received oral sex from an employee during the course of the interview and the reporter had engaged in masturbation." The suit continues, "Defendant Charney sat down and ordered Plaintiff to 'pretend to masturbate.'"

Floyd says when she refused to comply, Charney ordered a dude in the office to pretend choke the chicken and then "simulated an oral sex act with him."

She says she was so upset she couldn't go back to work and wants unspecified damages.

Annie

Uhhhh. 3 yrs ago? WTF took so long??

Mr.Jones

It said she worked there for 3 years (since 2005) not that it had happened 3 years ago dummy.

Mark

Is this TMZ or The Smoking Gun? Why does an article like this belong on a celebrity news/gossip website???

Mamas, don't let your babies grow up to be slut-whores

Nobody held a gun to your head and made you take the job, Jeneleen. Grow up. Everyone who works at AA or knows anything about AA knows that Dov is a perv. He's proud to be a perv.

P.S. Jeneleen Floyd is a white trash, hillbilly name. That's a surprise. (Not.) Hillbillies will do anything to make a quick buck. *snort*

Tasha

If Dov is a perv, he needs to be one in the privacy of his home not at work. That's gonna cost him.

shouthpaw27

Exactly, AA is one of the worst companies to work for ever. They don't know how to conduct business the only reason there still in business is cuz idiot hipsters think there different for paying $30 for a tshirt.
ps- dov charney likes boys, and booty bumps.

Mrs M

No person should have to put up with something like that where they work regardless of whether or not their boss is a "known perv, and proud of it". And what does someone's name have to do with anything? Post 3 is happy to anonymously spout degrading remarks, but not brave enough to put their possibly odd name out there. To each their own, and noone likes everyone, but make sure you're without fault and absolutely perfect before you go and put others down.

Annie

Hey arallen..............Are you a parent?? If so I can imagine what you subject your children too if they misread something or make a mistake. Maybe I read it in hurry because I actually HAVE A LIFE!!! Sounds like you need to get one.......

rachel

Ooops! I just came!!!!!

Me!

#2 - You bet!
Can't these people read? Guess NOT!
Don't they understand? Do, they DON'T!
Such nice folks.
NOT!

just wondering

I'll tell u something, a couple of yrs ago I remember reading or seeing a tv a similiar complaint abt this guy, he sounds like a real perv and I can believe it.

Mr.Jones

Hey Annie, no I am not a parent! You have a life? well you took the time to read and even POST A COMMENT! Whats sad is that your being a cry baby because I corrected you. loser.

Virginia

What an ass #3 is to make a generalized statment about so called "hillbillies." janeleen is not necessarily a hillbilly name. If i was Floyd, I be piseed, aslo. As far as the jerk citing a interview with jane magazine, maybe this did happen, who knows, Jane magazine has been defunt for a couple of years now, to my knowledge. Bu any bastard who tries to ge an employee to masturbate in front of him needs his nuts cut off.

Spellchamp

So this guy has been CEO for long enough that he has a reputation, eh? Well, I didn't know about it and I consider myself fairly well informed. And checking the background of the CEO is not something that crosses one's mind when looking into the culture of a company before seeking or accepting a job there.

Since it's a publicly traded company, I wonder what the shareholders think of this guy? And they have the nerve to print a 'Code of Ethics' on their site!

Just another example of the terminal decline of professionalism, and increasing lack of ethics, in this world. It seems the message we all get is that we have to act a certain way from college until you climb high enough in your job, THEN you can act anyway you want and get away with pretty much anything.

Enron, et al.

And let's not forget W, Cheney, and others! I think I'll move to Canada!

Mamas, don't let your babies grow up to be slut-whores

Oh please, when a girl's name doesn't even register in the vast majority of online baby name searches, it is a HILLBILLY or TRASH (white or otherwise) name.

Only OTHER hillbillies would defend such a silly name choice or think that it was anything but trashy.

By the way, Jeneleen the hillbilly seemed pretty eager and willing to pose for this AA advertisement. I guess this was before she decided that working for a living was just too hard?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments