American Apparel Employee: My Boss Is a Jerk Off

5/30/2008 9:04 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

American Apparel is being sued by a woman who claims masturbation was not part of the job requirement.
Read the docs
Jeneleen Floyd claims she worked for the company in the product placement department since 2005. She says Dov Charney, the C.E.O., was your basic monster boss. ln the lawsuit, filed today in L.A. County Superior Court, Floyd claims last March, Charney went nuts on her, doing this and that. She says it got out of control when he "made several references to an interview he had conducted with Jane magazine wherein he had received oral sex from an employee during the course of the interview and the reporter had engaged in masturbation." The suit continues, "Defendant Charney sat down and ordered Plaintiff to 'pretend to masturbate.'"

Floyd says when she refused to comply, Charney ordered a dude in the office to pretend choke the chicken and then "simulated an oral sex act with him."

She says she was so upset she couldn't go back to work and wants unspecified damages.

Mamas, don't let your babies grow up to be slut-whores

See? I told you. WHITE TRASH.

Ten bucks says that if she were smiling in that photo, we would see some missing and blackened teeth.

She shore dun be a hillbilly!

I wonder if her mommy is related to the Bolleas?

Twinker

You can beat my meat and spank the monkey, but please don't choke the chicken.

Ellen

unreal

I know Jeneleen

I know Jeneleen and she;s an idiot cokehead LA party girl/model who's just out for money. She was married to some english guy, divorced him a few months after they got married and sued him for all he was worth too. So you have a girl with a drug problem who has a history of suing men for money, and a boss that is already known to let his freak flag fly. Hmmm. Sounds like she had this planned all along. Oh, and she hired Gloria Allred? Classy.

a lipstick Lesbian

What do we want? AMNESTY!!

When do we want it? NOW!!

the one

i workt at american apperal and must i say that place is a circus act dove carney needs to stop bein fake cuz we all know its a act that fake hipster kids eat up he should focus more on making a t shirt that doe not fade or shrink on the first wash. american apparel most of your employees are mexican illegal aliens and french canadians and you still have the nerv to call your self american!!!!!!!

crazed

Hahahahaha! This guy is F**ked. Hey loser #18, it doesn't matter one bit what this chick does in her free time. Doesn't matter if she's a call girl and night, CEO Assistant by day. Anyone with half a brain knows that sexual harrassment is not tolerated in the workplace today. IT IS AGAINST THE LAW. This CEO has classic teflon syndrome-----his ego is so big he thinks the rules (and laws) don't apply to him. He will pay big for letting his "freak flag fly" in the workplace.

BTW---you would know all this if you ever held a job.

ThirstyThursday

I bet casual Friday takes on a whole new meaning around that office.

anti-christ superstar

I feel sorry for anyone that has to or has worked for this SPOILED BRAT of a CEO.

fashionbuyer

American Apparel is one of the worst clothing companies there is. I am the buyer for my company, and they were the most unprofessional and rude people to deal with when I tried to place an order with them. They actually turned down my business for the dumbest reason ever presented (proving to me that they are also clueless about marketing on the internet). I suppose when you're run by an idiot, that's par for the course. Of course, I'm glad now that they did me the favor and I didn't waste my company's money.... this was BEFORE I realized that they use crappy material and have shoddy workmanship.

To the person who said Jane has been defunct for a couple of years......It's only been 10 or 11 months......and I remember that article. The reporter didn't masturbate, HE masturbated in front of her, in addition to the oral sex by an employee. The reporter was extremely uncomfortable and included it in the article as somewhat of a warning to the readers. And yet I somehow decided to give them the benefit of the doubt since it had been a couple years in that brief moment of insanity during which I considered carrying their products in our store...... geesh. I guess I am naive enough to think that some people might have actually changed.

NJ

Jenelene is an awesome girl, I had the pleasure of her company many-a-time when she was in London working for AA over here.

I don't understand the bitter posts... i wonder how much they are getting paid in free t-shirts to come out with such crap. it's so petty.

end of the day the guy is getting what he deserves, he's crossed the line one to many times.

JENELEEN'S SISTAH

1. Jeneleen is a coke addict. (She is the skinniest model we've ever used, and yes, she's been in a lot of AA graphics.)

2. She worked in the PR / Content and Development department. Product Placement was just one of her tasks.

3. She was working for the company in London. She divorced and sued her husband for everything he was worth after only being married for months. She was able to relocate with the help of the company and transitioned into a comfy new PR job .

4. She sucked at her job. She kept wanting more money.

5. She was still a coke addict. And if she came over to your house, she'd take all your drugs and never share.

6. There was a departmental meeting. Her boss screamed at her because she wasn't working hard enough.
Her live in boyfriend and fellow AA graphics employee, whose desk is 10 ft. away from hers, was present at this meeting.
She takes the entire event out of context. If she were threatened, why didn't her boyfriend and all of her friends in the department that were present in the same room protest?

7. She sues for sexual harassment and finds a sick celebrity lawyer to take on her charity case for her own personal glory.
Boo Hoo. Jeneleen doesn't want to work till midnight on urgent important projects. Boo Hoo. Jeneleen ran out of money from her parents and her exhusband by blowing it all on blow. Boo Hoo, Jeneleen is a loser, selfish, and an extreme coke addict without a conscience.

JENELEEN'S SISTAH

Gloria Allred took her case so that she could write another book and try to get a big payoff.
These girls are sick.

JENELEEN'S SISTAH

How original to sue for sexual harrassment because you didn't want to work till midnight.
How realistic it is to claim that your boss told you to masturbate during a meeting with three dozen coworkers (aka friends)
watching.

Jeneleen Floyd is a GOLDDIGGER.

opinionator

...you are ALL rediculous; ( I wasn't even looking for this website, but thought you would like a personal opinion of sorts) I work for AA and let me tell you, when you get the job you know that it's an alternative environment. We're all adults, we all joke around, and even if Dov did the silly things the women said he did, F**k it. She wasn't forced to take the job, and for that one complaint there are 1000s of other perfectly content workers. It's a great business and that women was just not at the right place, but like they say: "c'est la vie." BTW, enough with all the comment fighting, (jeez don't you guys have kids?)

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments