Who Fired 50 Cent's Baby Mama?

5/30/2008 10:48 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

A raging inferno broke out at a house owned by 50 Cent early this morning, and the local fire department tells us the fire is "highly suspicious".
Launch photos
The fire broke out at the six bedroom, five bath house in Dix Hills, NY around 5:00 AM. Six people, including the rapper's ex Shaniqua Tompkins and their 10-year-old son Marquise, were in the house. They all were transported to the hospital and treated for smoke inhalation.

The Chief of the Dix Hills Fire Department tells TMZ that dogs are currently searching the burned out rubble, as the intensity of the fire made it highly suspect. The Chief says they're searching for what substance possibly could have been used as an igniter.

The house has been the subject of a bitter dispute between Fiddy, whose real name is Curtis Jackson, and Tompkins. The rapper reportedly bought the home -- one of the biggest cribs in the area -- for a cool $2.4 mil in January 2007. Last month he tried to evict Tompkins and Marquise from the house, demanding she pay him $4,500 a month in rent.

Story developing ...

UPDATE 10:25 AM ET: Suffolk Police tell us they received a call at 5 AM. An off-duty police officer was driving by and stopped to help rescue the victims inside the house -- including a pet guinea pig. We're told injuries to all six victims -- including Tompkins -- are non-life threatening and they have been treated and released from the hospital. While they are currently investigating the fire's cause, we're told 50 Cent is not a suspect at this point.

MikeRainey82

50 is my new hero. A victory for all men with bitches in their lives.

Racquel

People are just assuming things and not knowing the facts, she gets a hefty child support checks per month and he was gladly housing her there and their son but women can be trifling sometimes, how can she get free rent then on top of that have her new man moved in and not paying anything at all? this is ridiculous and heartless. She needs to learn respect and use her conscience, not sorry for her, and I just hope he's not involve in starting the fire which I doubt since he had the law on his hand and he had nothing to lose as for her she had a lot to lose and might see it beneficial to light the fire. Just My 2 Cents

shawty

What man do u know is going to give u a house & pay ur ass child support.......Then ur hood rat ass move in a unemployed brotha and all yall r doing is laying up, taking a crap, and eating.....living a ghetto life and he suppose to pay for ur lively hood...Trick please either pay up or get gone......She did a "Left Eye". Now she's definely homeless.......Sorry trick suburbs is not for u go back to "The Projects"......

MH

"The Chief says they're searching for what substance possibly could have been used as an igniter."

An igniter would be a match, a lighter...

I think the author of this fine piece of journalism might mean accelerant, i.e. a substance used to accelerate the spread of a fire. An accelerant is suspected in this case because of the intensity of the fire and the rapid and total destruction of the house.

Yeah, I said it

#13, if what you saying is true, then I don't blame him for wanting to kick her ass out, it's one thing if she's living in the house taking care of his son, but, I'd be damned if this ho going to be laying up in my house, not working and some other dude laying up with her, who's probably not working either. I'm not saying he could have caused the fire or had something to do with it, but her behavior is suspect too. Look at her on the TMZ video claiming he's obsessed with her. PLEASE! A mega star like him could get and has had better looking women than her. I think SHE is the one that's obsessed, with him, the house, the child support...then, when he found a way to get her trifling ass out of the house, this sh*t happens? I have reason to believe she could have done it or even the dude she's laying up with. She doesn't even look shaken up about it or even concerned for her son, she just comes off as mad that the house is gone. I don't know we'll see how the story develops. BTW, is it me or those some of these bloggers on here seem kind of racist? What if this sh*t happened to a white celebrity? What would you have to say then? I thought we as Americans were better than that.

Yeah, I said it

Look, I aint no fan of 50 personally, just his music, but if I was receiving $25K a month in child support and only had to pay him $4500 a month in rent, I'd go for it, if I was really attached to that house for some reason. I'd tell him to just deduct it out of the child support. If she had any damn sense, that house didn't look like it was all that anyway, but to each their own, she should have just moved and bought another (nicer) house, it aint like she couldn't afford it. She just wants to be trifling because she is the child's mother. I feel bad for that kid, especially with a childish mom like that. BTW, she could get a banging ass house in the South with that kind of money! I'm a Southerner too!

Yeah, I said it

Shaniqua, do the math. If your son is 10, you better start putting some of that money in savings (although I don't see how one person can spend that much money on a kid every month) because in 8 more years, your ass is done! Just some advice girlfriend...

Steelie

Good Day,

I think it was her or someone related to her. The courts sided with him that she had to move out by the end of the school year. She did not want to. Fiddy offered she pay $4,500 a month in rent. She did not want to do that either. And then she claims to have heard someone in the home an hour before the fire broke out. If you hear someone in your home don't you usually cal 911 to report it? I think her story stinks badly. She did it out of revenge.

Steelie

Yeah, I said it

Honestly, I don't care how rich a person is, that's too much damn money to spend on a kid every month. Hell, I have 3 kids and that would be more than enough for me to take care of ALL of my kids and then some! I'm aware that family law comes up with these numbers so that the child can enjoy the same quality of life as the father (most cases, it is the father that has to pay) but they should put some kind of cap on that really or how about just paying what it takes in the real world to raise a child and then have the remaining money set up in a trust account for the child so that when the child turns age of majority, he or she would actually HAVE some money to live off of until they get a job and support themselves? That can at least be an option, it doesn't have to be the law. But if I cared enough for my child's well-being, I would choose that option.
I really hope that these women who are fortunate enough to get this kind of child support are really using the money for their child and saving some of the money for their future and not just living for the moment with that money. We will know within the next 10 years on some of these celebs' kids when they do turn the age of majority if their moms were actually supporting them because if these moms wasn't and these kids are broke when they turn 18 or 21, they will turn against those moms and probably write tell-alls or something just to make money. I would be very interested in knowing if these children were taken care of so that the system is not flawed.

MsLee

Lives were almost lost and quickly we divert to predjudice and blatant racism - what the in heck does this story have to do with property value?!?!?!? No one knows how this was started....its shows you that no matter what you do or what you accomplish in life everything boils down to race...sad that in 2008 ignorance is still ramphant regarding race...JayZ will do nothing but add to the community of Scarsdale...him and bey could probably buy the whole darn town.....

Lisa

BUT ON ANOTHER SUBJECT PEOPLE AT TMZ ARE RIPPING STORIES FROM NEWSDAY.COM, AND THEN RE-POSTING THEM WITH IN-CORRECT FACTS. FIRST OF ALL IN NEWSDAY IT SAYS THE HOUSE IS THE BIGGEST IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD, YOU GUYS CHANGED IT TO THE BIGGEST CRIB IN THE AREA. NEIGHBORHOOD AND AREA ARE TWO DIFFERENT THINGS. HOW DO YOU PEOPLE CALL YOURSELVES JOURNALISTS IF YOU CAN'T GET THE FACTS STRAIGHT!!! THIS HOUSE IS DEF NOT THE BIGGEST IN THE AREA. DIX HILLS IS ONE OF THE WEALTHIEST COMMUNITIES IN SUFFOLK COUNTY AND THE COUNTRY. IF YOU PEOPLE DID YOUR RESEARCH YOU WOULD KNOW THAT. THIS IS A SMALL HOUSE COMPARED TO WHAT THE HOUSES ARE LIKE IN DIX HILLS.

Detroit

I think her crazy ass probably started it and if she got 66 people living in the house that hoe should've paid rent!

MAMAJEN

PERSONALLY, I THINK THAT THIS IS PURE BABY MAMA DRAMA. SHE IS UPSET BECAUSE HE IS LIVING THE LIFE AND HE WON THE CHILD SUPPORT CASE AND ALSO WON THE CASE ABOUT THE HOUSE. SHE JUST DON'T WANT TO WORK AND MAKE A WAY FOR HERSELF. SHE IS JUST STAR STRUCK. ITS GOOD THAT NO ONE GOT HURT OUT OF THIS STUPIDITY.

gary wichard

OH HELL NO HELL NO . FITTY AINT BURN THAT HOUSE UP.DO NOT THINK YOU CAN FRAME HIM AND DO NOT TRY. YA'LL NEED TO BACK UP.RASCISTS.MARQUIS SAFETY IS INVOLVED. DAMN

ndl

Fitty was paying for his kids. A whole lot, until she took him to court for more-and lost. Im sure his kid will be just fine.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments