Toni Braxton's Heart

Breaks Vegas Gig for Good

5/30/2008 10:07 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0530_braxton_break-1Toni Braxton's chest pains have put a permanent kibosh on her Vegas show.

The singer, who went to the hospital in early April, has decided not to continue with her Vegas show, so she can solely focus on her health.

The show, "Toni Braxton: Revealed," has been playing at the Flamingo for two years. Her performance has been on hold since her hospitalization.

Harrah's Entertainment would not comment on Braxton's condition. She has been treated in the past for pericarditis, a viral inflammation of the heart.

brneyegrl

damn, I hope she gets well soon

ThirstyThursday

saw the show last year, it was okay

Bandolero

Dang! This woman has some bad luck.

:what ev errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

She sure does have bad luck. Take care Toni,,,,,,,,,,,,,,your health comes first!

Ani

I have this as well. It has been chronic for me (had it for as long as I can remember). It is VERY painful. I went to the er when I was 16 believing I was having a heart attack. Your chest area becomes painful and just taking a breath seems almost impossible because of the stabbing pain which occurs with each gasp. All you can do is try and relax and ride it out. Besides ibuprofen (in my case anyway), there's nothing more I can do.

jay

Feel better Toni. I saw the show twice and it was amazing. She actually can still sing almost as powerful as when she started. Beautiful lady. Wish her the best.

Frank Lee

I hope she gets better and all, but can't wait til her picture is taken off the Flamingo. It's too big and she's only had what-two hits?

love them

#7 (frank lee) apparently, you are not a long time fan, or else you would have known she has had a lot of hits, i though she was to big for Las Vegas, she deserve much more than a sign, but that's just me, a true fan, get well soon Toni,

S

I guess she'll be singing "unbreak my heart" to her doctor

jay

# 7.. 2 hits? How about one of the biggest debut albums in history... 45 million records sold, 6 Grammy's and 7 AMA's. The 1st African American female to star in a Disney Musical on Broadway, the #2nd most biggest hit from a female artist (Un Break My Heart) which held the # 1 spot for 10 years until Mariah's We Belong Together took her crown. A top 10 Vegas show (making her the only African American in the ranking)..... So Umm Toni's pretty big. Just underrated. But hey, she's African American so that's going to happen.

jay

PS Im sure they will replace it with Donny & Marie as they are already adding that magician on the side of the hotel. So in no way is Toni undeserving.

Dee Ray

Frank Lee, shame on you. If you're going to blog, at least know what the hell you're talking about, sweetie.

Yes, this is heart-breaking, as she is a VERY talented woman and I love her music. This puts a damper on things for her because she really can't do anything but rest and try not to get upset, because at any given time, she can literally drop dead from a heart attack from this disease.

I look at all the other talented singers who for what ever reason are not singing anymore. Anita Baker, Sade, Lisa Stansfield, etc. Then you have Toni Braxton who still has what it takes to steal the spotlight out from Mariah, but because of health reasons can't perform anymore. It's a sad situation, but keep your head up, Toni. Your fans are wishing you and your family nothing but the best.

Jessie Lewis III

I hope You get well soon/So as well as yes focus on you health first Lol.