Now That's the Yngwie to Dress for Court

6/3/2008 1:13 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Hulk Hogan might've gotten away with a bandana in court, but do ya think this Mickey Rourkean get up is the way to sway a federal jury?

In case you're a little rusty on your speed metal guitar heroes, that's fleet-fingered Yngwie (that's ING-vay) Malmsteen, the sultan of the Strat, whom we caught outside of court in New York. He's in the midst of a long legal battle with his former manager over some cash he says he's owed.

We're told that the judge tolerated Yngwie's chesty display -- though curiously enough, women in sandals and shorts were turned away. And guess what -- he just won a $400K judgment! We the jury love chest hair!

justwondering

I don't care what kind of Rock god this freak is --------he's gross

Waylon

For those of you that don't know who Yngwie is... just SHUT UP! Go back to your Stinkin Park and Limp Wristket. ROCK was made for the likes of Ynwie, Vai, Satriani, and Van Halen. Music today (for the most part) is just weak!

A Train

Love all the Yngwie defenders here! Nice work, folks. Also, the person who wrote about Alcatrazz is correct. That album was a classic and should have been a huge hit. His new album will feature Tim "Ripper" Owens from Judas Priest on vocals. I have high hopes for it.

MaidenMaine

Wow. Always loved Yngwie ! "Ill be the rising force!!!" ;)

Seriously, He really looks good. He's ageing well , especially for being in the music industry .

Rock on Malmsie , Your still one of the greats!

jen jen

good for you and your mommy Cathy. i think he looks great and i agree with #10, if you never heard of him? then move on... also, 15 is excactly right.

TehDevil

First of all, I could'nt believe that Yngwie is even on this site! And to the nay sayers......when you see the rest of roll our eyes when you talk about how talented that slut Madonna is or whoever your flavor of the month is, guys like this are why! He's a f*&king legend!!! Not to mention easily one of the greatest guitar players the rock/metal world has ever seen. How many of your pop stars could pull of an album with a full symphony, WITH ONLY A GUITAR? His work has stood the test of time, and always will.

And I'll still be laughing when Yngwie is still putting out great albums and all of you are denying you ever liked Justin Timberlake!!!

Can't wait for the album with Ripper Owens and moreso the tour!!! By the way, for some of you....a "tour" is when you actually play your music live.....without a backing tape.

Fernando

you da man, Yngwie!

anthonysdreamgirl**

Ewwwwwwwww - so is your mom...

Party 'till you die!

I saw him years ago at a small, crappy venue (basically, a small rock bar- very small), when his career was already on the down slide, and he blew a major gasket over some minor detail and started totally flipping out on his band, the venue, and the fans! He stopped after only a few minutes and then proceeded to rant for a good 5 minutes before telling EVERYONE to F' Off and then tried to walk off stage. The problem was that now the audience had turned on him and it nearly caused a riot among the 200 or so there! People were throwing beers and stuff, even a few of his shirts AT him! A few more minutes and he probably would have been removed by ambulance or police car! I, and most every fan in there became EX-FANS! I disliked this idiot so much, that I never bought any of his music and basically quit listening to the music I already had! Too bad, because if you like endless shredding mixed with classical music, the guy has talent in that. Now I just think of his music mainly as a guitar solo lasting an entire show. Having stood no less that 8 feet away from him during the entire incident, I can assure of his title of King Douche! I know 'rock stars' have their moments, but this was beyond that and this guy can go F' OFF himself for all I care!

Yngwie Lynch

Yngwie is THE guitar virtuoso of the world. I love the moron who said the 'early 90's metal craze is over'. LOL! He's been around since the early 80's. Keep trying to sound cool and make an idiot of yourself!

Amazing T!

I can't wait to hear his new record with The Ripper- It should be amazing!
Thanks TMZ for finally doing a story on someone who isn't a washed up reality star!

Not an Ed fan anymore

Thanks TMZ for letting me know who that guy is. I live in Aventura, Florida, near Miami Beach. I guess he, Yngwie, lives nearby, since I've seem him around town many times. He drives a cool, albeit a little bit run-down, red Ferrari. He seems such a character, with his leather clothes in 90 F degree weather. I though he could only be a rocker. Indeed, he is. Now I'm going to look him up on the net.

gozer

he went to count to 'unleash the fookin fury'

metalmaniac

Why should ones appearance or high priced attorney change the legal outcome of ones fate? Maybe one day one of you nay sayers will be on the other side of the fence. ROCK ON YNGWIE! Long Live the MAESTRO!

His musical talent does not need justification for ANYONE.

VIKINGHORDES REJOICE!