Still Wonderful! Wonderful!

6/4/2008 2:37 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The 72-year-old was spotted at a recent awards function in Beverly Hills -- he doesn't look a day over 70.
Memba Them -- click to launch
In 1982 Mathis outed himself in Us Magazine and then suddenly went silent on the subject. Over 20 years later he revealed that his silence was due to death threats.

Liz

Awww, Johnny! Looks great. I will be singing "Chances Are" for the rest of the day!

LT

He looks amazing and obviously no help with surgery...credit where credit is due you morons!

Jennifer

I love Johnny Mathis. A class act in every way! Great to see him! Love his music!

uh?

I remember him! A few weeks ago when you ran this same "story". All together now..a cheer to the TMZ staff .."Bow Wow, Duh, a butt crack, Yuck yuck, and I still cant reach it." (Sorry I left you out tubby...you don't say anything).

Seattlelite

I grew up listening to him along with the others Sinatra, Martin..Always loved his voice even as a little kid!

sweetnetfa

I grew up on Johnny Mathis! He looks great!

doN

he looks old

sparkys nemesis

Still groovy. He sung at my Sweet 16; Latin Casino/Philly.

Once there myself

Okay, risking looking dumb in" '82 Mathis outed himself"?! Outed as in revealing he's gay?! Johnny Mathis is gay?! Man, my gaydar was totally off on that one!

cjrsickgirl

YAY! I was at this function and got to meet him. He is a TRUE gentlemen, nice man, and, yes...STILL looks great!!

ReneeNW

I think he looks great. He looks happy and that is even more important.

Marla

Johnny is THE gold standard for talent, class, and how to look great at 72!!

kb516

I grew up on Johnny Mathis as he was/is my all time favorite. For those of a certain age, I still have his albums and just can't part with them. I have brought several of his CDs. I had seen him in person several times and he sure can put on a performance. He is a class act and some of the singers/rappers today can not hold a candle to Johnny. Johnny, you are teriffic.

Lily S.

Hey, number 8..Johnny looks old because he is old. How old are you, 20?? But for his age he looks wonderful, wonderful and 10 or 15 years younger than he is. A very handsome and talented man and, from what I've always heard, a very nice one as well. And his brother was a toll taker on the Golden Gate Bridge. Beat that for trivia. So there.

sassy

does anyone watch general hospital?? IF SO DONT YOU THINK LULU looks like Johnny's little sister???

i hate that no good snotty ass bitch
and Liz is boring with to much baggage. she boring girl has to many kids. SAM lives on the edge is and shes better then Liz because she likes danger plus she doesnt have any baggage .Jason has baggage now so hes dead to me .
Maxie needs to grow the hell up and stop acting like a damn slut . its time to grow up . your not a child anymore ! and the hell with Anna. she comes and goes.
Brenda can burn in hell for all i care. her career is over , thats why shes going back to GH.

Posted at 2:04PM on Jun 4th 2008 by sassy