Spike to Clint:

'We're Not on a Plantation!'

6/7/2008 1:03 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Director Spike Lee has done what no one thought would ever happen. He's brought back Dirty Harry!

0607_spike_clint_tmz-1
After complaints from Spike Lee claiming that Clint Eastwood didn't include black soldiers in his two Iwo Jima films, Eastwood decided to come back on the controversial director with some words of his own saying, " A guy like him should shut his face."

Lee then further fueled the drama fire saying, "First of all, the man is not my father and we're not on a plantation either. He's a great director ... I didn't personally attack him. And a comment like "A guy like that should shut his face," come on Clint, come on. He sounds like an angry old man right there."

Missing your afternoon nap would make you cranky too!

Previous 15 Comments | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10

deleta

Spike Lee is a thief. He stills other people's ideas and scripts. He just settled out of court with a friend of mine for the theft of New Jack City. "Jack" is right...he'll jack the script right from under you. Bogus, dude.

KMC

I am so sick of this "political correctness" card constantly played by "so called minorities"...... I for one do not believe there is such a thing as a minority! Last I checked we are human beings whether we are black, white, purple, green or WHATEVER!!!!
If people would just move on and let it go (I am speaking of history..... ) perhaps the world could actually turn into a place where no one is looked at differently or judged by anything other than the people they are inside!

Ava

Spike Lee should shut his mouth. He is just trying to get publicity. No one gives two poops for Spike Jerk Lee!

Ava

Nice Tevo. You are right. I just moved from NYC to NC. I feel like I am back in the 1960s. How surreal!

R.Zimmerman

Every day is plantation day for Spike Lee because that's the way he likes it to be. He creates his own oppression. Such a contemptible ass.

shamira-christine

it appears that there are a lot of people upset by Spike's comments, yet not as many are willing to discuss the utter disrespect projected from Clint's "shut his face" comment. my point is, both directors went overboard with their comments/responses about one another; that doesn't change their level of talent. to me, if Spike wants to see something different, he should take the time out to produce and direct a film about this topic with more diveristy. (Black soldiers made up almost 5% of the troops that fought.)

**side note- a few people have commented that Spike is not educated. if he's not educated why is he teaching film at NYU and COLUMBIA??? (FYI - Spike graduated from Morehouse College...)

RONNIE

Clint would win unless Spike brings his gun and dagger. Spike is a true black.

Kumar

Spike Lee wants to twist history for his own benefit. I am used to watch his movies. Now I will be boycotting any thing to do with Spike Lee. He is a disgrace.

Previous 15 Comments | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10