Pres. Bush -- Ruins Everything He Touches

6/8/2008 10:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It was just a matter of time.
Click to view pics!
The 152-year-old Texas Governor's mansion, where Bush once rested his head, sustained serious damage as a four-alarm fire set the mansion ablaze at 2 AM CST this morning.

100 firefighters fought the blaze -- no one was home at the time of the fire.

UPDATE: Fire investigators say the blaze was intentionally set, but there's no indication it was intended as a direct threat to Texas Gov. Rick Perry.

Democrats are evil

And the hate for George Bush continues. Democrats have an endless supply of it because it is all they know. From election day thru today, not one peaceful comment has exited the trap that they call their mouth. Negative, hateful people that want power and when they don't have it, the hate overflows like water over a dam. Of course they hate the church. It's because they believe in evil. And you can't believe in a God and love to hate at the same time. Read the comments on this blog. Hate is everywhere. And we all know what embraces hate when you die. Good luck to that.

Twinker

This beautiful old mansion has been a money pit for decades now and surely someone must understand by now it should never be a 21st century fully functional residence for the Governor (and all of his hairspray and hair gels) and his lovely family.

I like to think back to the "Good Old Days" when Ann Richards lived there. I seriously thought she would have made the most outstanding first female president but it just didn't work out that way. May she rest in peace. She was a lovely woman.

I miss George Bush being Governor of Texas. He, on more than one ocassion, opened up many big cans of whoopass.

I hope they catch the person(s) responsible and give him a one way trip to Huntsville.

Luke

OMG, I wonder what bush and/or perry did to make god so pissed off that god burned their big house to the ground !!!

Sandy Fleming

and you Obama fans, I want to see what you will be writing in four years, if God Help us, he is elected. Although, I figure if we can live through Jimmy Carter, we can live through anybody. There are some of the most inane comments made in this discussion I have ever read. Unbelievable.... and what a waste of gene pools.

mikey

How are all of my have more people doing today??Things are lgoing great.Wait what,our country is in a recession and people are pissed off,when then this happen?Oh well,my have more people are doing ok though,right?I'm on my way to a fundraiser for john mccain.What do you mean he doesn't want to be seen with me in public,why would that be????????????

Karen

This is a very historic building. Glad that Governor Perry and his family were not hurt. And, TMZ, since most of you so-called reporters are illiterate morons, I would not dismiss the intelligence of President Bush. It's getting old and boring.

kenny

It is pretty sad that you guys are suffering so badly from Bush derangement syndrone that you feel the need to link him to a fire at a place he has not lived in for 9 YEARS!!!! Damn enough already, We get it !! YOU HATE BUSH !!! Let it go man ! I bet that if this would have been the Arkansas Governers Mansion the writers here would never ever stoop to such a level and crack on Clinton because ne is in the protected class AKA Democrat and is beloved by all the leftist that work for TMZ. I just am sick of the double standard that seems to be the norm for the so called free press in America. The only ones getting screwed are the public.

faye

OBAMA 08,

The worst president ever was Jimmy Carter, you moron. Interest rates of 18% on home loans. You want to talk about gas? We didn't have any. You had to wait in lines. And maybe you could get to the pump before they ran out. Don't blame Bush for high gas prices. Blame the tree hugging idiots that keep stopping us from drilling for oil, stop us from building refineries, and the list goes on. Bush did NOT cause high gas prices. At least get your facts straight before you post something so stupid.

mikey

I don't see things as Democrat/Republican,i see right and wrong.Clinton getting a hummer in office was wrong,just as Bush ruining our country was wrong.

Moderate

Hey Whatever...why would I want to go to a Liberal site that spreads lies about Fox news? They are the only news program that actually TELLS THE TRUTH. The Democrats are to blame for oil prices...in bed with the Environmental groups who have convinced the world we're on the brink of death which is CRAP...but boy...they are making a LOT of money convincing you sheep otherwise. Go ask Al Gore how many shares he owns in the oil business!!! LOOK IT UP...President Bush warned EVERYBODY in 2001 this would happen. Nobody listened. He has been dealing with people who want to blow us off the planet and you people are all concerned about changing light bulbs. Who owns the shares for these new light bulbs you think??? Hmm??? That would be the liberal ENVIRONMENTALISTS ....WAKE UP PEOPLE!

rachelle

DO YOU PEOPLE HAVE TO BLAME EVERYTHING ON BUSH????
HE DOESN'T LIVE THERE ANYMORE. WHAT PURPOSE WOULD HE HAVE TO SET FIRE TO THE GOVERNORS HOUSE???
THINK ABOUT IT IDIOTS.
WHY NOT BLAME THE CLINTONS OR AL GORE OR MADONNA, BRAD PITT, ETC.
MAKES ABOUT AS MUCH MUCH SENSE.

mikey

I know it drives you right wing nuts crazy,but Obama will be our next president.We don't need mccain's old,alzheimers having ass in office.All we would hear everyday is "John McCain checked into the hospital AGAIN,for yet another unknown illness,because he is very old".

scarlet

shucks! why couldn't he have been in there. i'm so disappointed! and for all you lame republicans who still support him... you must be the few idiots left that make up his 25% approval rating. why dont you all go do what he has done to our economy and everything in between... get screwed!

anonymous

All TMZ has done with its continual idiocy is to show the public how stupid they really are. And these people are allowed to vote. This scares me worse than just about anything. Every sane, intelligent person reading this site can see through TMZ, and TMZ should realize this. However, that would take a degree of intelligence and insight, something apparently lacking in their staff.

I almost hope that Obama or some such democrat gets elected because I guess we Republicans have permission to have a field day with the juvenile, hateful insults. And I guess we would and could, except most of the Republicans I know won't stoop that low. They tend to treat people with some degree of respect.

Christy

Shame on you. He hasn't even been there for 8 years. This is in EXTREMELY poor taste - even for tmz. Shame on you!