« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

The Snake to Cops: Schlitz Happens

6/9/2008 1:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Alabama cops sacked legendary NFL QB Kenny "The Snake" Stabler over the weekend for driving under the influence.

Robertsdale, Ala. PD pulled him over around 1:00 AM Sunday morning for what they said was a routine traffic violation. Kenny's no stranger to this drill -- this is the third time he's been popped for drunk driving. He posted $1,000 bail and was released from jail.

"The Snake" is the only QB from the NFL's ALL-1970's team not to be inducted to the Hall of Fame. This probably doesn't help.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Catman

Third time- huh---- how about JAIL and mandatory AA meetings- its obvious the guy is a drunk

DB Cooper

FIRST!!!! YEsssssssssssssssSSSSS!

Dick Weed

Great QB that will now try to live down the nickname "Snake" once in prison with his 400lb cellmate Tyrone.

Liz

I was just a kid when he was playing but, I had the biggest crush on him. How old is he now?

THE TRUTH

I attended the "The Snake"'s alma mater, the University of Alabama, and i hear him doing play-by-play radio commentary for the football team, the "Crimson Tide". And I can tell you, that dumb a-hole redneck needs to finally be put behind bars before he causes a crimson tide of BLOOD on my state's roads.

amanda

I live in this part on alabama and he is always at the bars drinking he also has been known to drive drunk all the time but most cops let him go . I guess this one is not a fan.

Frag The Paps

I think after his daughter was murdered, he went off the deep end.

seethrufaded

Honest to God, this guy tried to pick up me and a co-worker at a convention in New Orleans in the mid 90's. He was signing old football pictures of himself and wanted to know what we were doing later. I grew up in the 70's watching football with my Dad and brothers and knew exactly who he was. I don't think he liked it much when I shrieked "Oh my God, you're Ken Stabler the quarterback. You got so old what happened!?"

Liz

Oh Kenny, what happen to you?

Brian

WOW, his gin blossoms doubled the size of his nose. I'm all for getting as drunk as you want, but take a CAB!

Karen

Very sad. What a hottie he was. He needs to get help. He's 62...not old...but looks like a man who will end his days with a bottle. Wise up, Kenny. Life's too good for you to be doing this to yourself.

He's Boring now

There better not be a network, cable outlet, newspaper or College that does any future business with this confirmed drunken driver. If so, they can expect a backlash along the lines of PETA, only with MAAD about enabling a potential killer like him.

The good ole boy stuff is dead, the playing days over, the ride is done Kenny. Get into Treatment and stay there until you finally understand why you are so unhappy inside and have to drink like that.

You are a potential killer now and the worlds changed sir, we dont like people like you driving our roads endangering our loved ones.

How dare that State let him out on a 1,000 dollar bond. There should be mandatory jail time for a third pick up, jailed until trial.

Stabler name is now Dirt everywhere.

davey

HEY! He's a living legend. GET OFF HIS BACK> if the man wants to drink and drive, let him. who r u to judge.

Nik

Dude, it's illegal. It could get him or others killed, so don't lay off his back until he's in jail.

BamaChick

Frag... his daughter was not murdered.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments