Charlie and Denise Battle Over Needles

6/10/2008 3:12 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Our spies tell us Denise Richards and Charlie Sheen are at loggerheads over whether to vaccinate their kids.
Charlie and Denise
Charlie is convinced vaccinations are poison. We're told they are now at a stalemate and may end up in court. Pretty ironic and Hollywood, that a judge may have to decide whether to make the kids cry.

Apparently, the doctor for the kids has been siding with Denise. We got hold of a threatening letter Charlie's lawyer sent to the pediatrician last month, advising him Sheen did not consent to any treatment and promising legal retribution if he doesn't listen.

use yourbrain

Hey Molly, I'm only going to chime in once on this issue. I am an ed assistant and have seen a serious increase in all these soft sign brain injuries that include autism, ADHD in the last 10 to 20 years. I have 2 kids and have chosen to vacc. only for certain of the diseases (chicken pox-a deadly disease-give me a frickin break!!). I'm especially careful about this with regard to my son. Boys are especially at risk for alot of these problems. You can find lots of good (unbiased info) on sites like NVIC (national vaccine information centre). PLEASE everyone stop saying that autism is mostly genetic in nature-this has been soundly refuted. You sound very freaked out and very scared but just referring to us as fanatics and dissing some of us who choose to be careful about blindly trusting the pharmaceutical companies and doctors will not make this go away. There are many interesting accounts by vaccine damaged people that include medical workers(nurses, doctors and PhD's). It IS a scary subject and none of us like to believe that we have been screwed over for dollars but it's kinda looking that way.
You do make a valid point about how to handle truly deadly diseases in a safe and effective way. That needs to be looked at. The trouble is, they try and make everything out to be deadly-next thing you know they'll vaccinate against acne.
PLEASE also note that thimerosol was taken out in around 2001 BUT they used up all the existing stocks until they expired which was around 2006, so you are wrong about no thim since 2001. My guess is that you are having second thoughts about it all because "thou dost protest a little too much." I have an honours degree (4 years) in Child Studies with alot of emphasis on research.

gbop

EVC, thank you for fighting the fight against the dumbing down of America (yes, I realize this is but one example). Education and asking questions are paramount to truth and everyone should be interested in the truth, not just in what is easy. I said earlier, this is America, jab yourselves or your children if you want, not my business, but stay out of my business of not poisoning me or my children. If your vaccines are so great, me not vaccinating has no bearing on your life. In the meantime, the truth is out there...

Steph

"And actually dcotors BECOME doctors by learning to engage in discussion and debate, by learning to read information and to think critically about it and, when that information is in contradiction with what one believes to be true, to refute it with fact rather than trading in cheap shots. But, hey, as you so eloquently put it "whatever.""

EVC

"That's interesting, I thought doctors become doctors because they like to help people. At least that's why both of my sisters became doctors. Not because they like to debate what other people do with their own kids on an entertainment website. So, you aren't a medical doctor is what you are saying. You have a PHD in something and that is why you call yourself a doctor. Am I correct?"

You did not read carefully. I clearly stated that I am not a medical doctor. Your later statement is correct: I have a PhD and hold an academic and reasearch position.

Steph

No I read carefully I just didn't have time to read all 100 of your posts, so I must've missed it.

memememem

READ THE LETTER. It says that Charlie Sheen does not consent to having the doctor treat his kids, PERIOD. Nothing about vaccines, etc. It's a pretty terse and in your face letter. It basically tells the doc that he cannot treat the children AT ALL FOR ANYTHING.

EVC

"No I read carefully I just didn't have time to read all 100 of your posts, so I must've missed it"

Then once again, perhaps one shouldn't make assumptions.

Steph

omg, you are a piece of work. Where was I making assumptions? I asked you a simple question about if I was correct in saying you aren't a medical doctor. Too bad they don't teach social skills with that fancy PhD of yours because you come off as a total prick.

anyway, cantaloupe is correct. The issue isn't the vaccines that everyone is enjoying arguing about today, its Charlie flexing his right as a custodial parent. But like someone else said, if he only has visitation and doesn't have any legal custody of the children he has no say in their medical care period.

EVC

" In Florida your child children need the vaccinations to attend school."

Actually, there are vaccine exemptions in Florida so children do not need to be vaccinated to attend school. That is another misconception. One need only file an exemption.

c

YOU SO NOT NEED VACCINATIONS TO ATTEND PUBLIC SCHOOL IN THE US OR CANADA; you must either be vaccinated OR file an exemption.

#33 WRONG WRONG WRONG. The killed measles vaccine was withdrawn in 1967 because it didn't prevent meales, and was also found to be causing atypical measles in vaccinated people. The live-virus measles vaccine was introduced in 1968, then the live-virus MMR was introduced in 1971; its the same live-virus vaccine being used today.

Star

If I didnt know before her stupid show I would be shocked she has kids the only time they are around is when she is spelling out Bitch and Whore in front of them She is a self centered brat She isnt helping herself by doing that show Charlie was smart to get a way from her!

Anon

Molly, why do you feel the need to rant at others who have a different opinion to you?! Vaccines are NOT the best thing to ever happen to medicine. The research that was done shows "no convincing evidence" as concluded by the IOM, that is not an outright there is NO evidence whatsoever. And having consulted my family doctor who said and I quote "No convincing evidence simply means the evidence they found didn't fall within a certain threshold" and is 100% behind my decision, I chose to vaccinate my child. Does that make me a bad parent?! No it simply means I did my research, I consulted medical professionals to get their opinion and made an educated choice. The way you go on about vaccinations would lead me to believe that you work for the pharmaceutical industry in some way. Realise that your opinion is NOT the only one that matters and that parents have the RIGHT to choose what they feel is best for their child without having to deal with the drivel that comes from you everytime you sit down to type!

Anon

I chose NOT to vaccinate....it's too early!

Madeline

Chalie is right Take a gander at some of the ingredients in vaccines: Formaldehyde, MSG, (for flavor?) Aluminum, human& animal cells, (cells from aborted fetal tissue, pig blood, horse blood, rabbit brain, dog kidney, cow heart, sheep blood, monkey kidney and others) Phenol/phenoxyethanol (used as antifreeze, toxic to all cells) latex rubber, genetically modified yeast; animal, bacterial & viral DNA.....and much more. It's insanity to put this toxic soup into anything, let alone a baby or child. Use your common sense, is the above more likely injure a child or grant immunity?

ana

NUMBER 179...you are the MORON..Number one why you comparing vaccines with cars? what are you from elementary school..Child you Learn how to drive, Vaccine you get inject it in the body which has CHEMICALS!!!! Something that you were Not born with!!!!!! Second, At this Century, Vaccines triple, even yet Quadruple because the need of MULA!!! Ok, I was born 1975 and I didn't need all these shots that kids now a days supposedly need it and I'M STILL ALIVE AND HEALTHY!! You are the one is is uneducated! ROFL!! Apparently you don't have Kids either! Sad very Sad! You know what? Go back and try to get your Education back...the teacher's gave your diploma for free! ROFL!! Driving and vaccine..Nice anatomy NICE!! *PSH*