Charlie and Denise Battle Over Needles

6/10/2008 3:12 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Our spies tell us Denise Richards and Charlie Sheen are at loggerheads over whether to vaccinate their kids.
Charlie and Denise
Charlie is convinced vaccinations are poison. We're told they are now at a stalemate and may end up in court. Pretty ironic and Hollywood, that a judge may have to decide whether to make the kids cry.

Apparently, the doctor for the kids has been siding with Denise. We got hold of a threatening letter Charlie's lawyer sent to the pediatrician last month, advising him Sheen did not consent to any treatment and promising legal retribution if he doesn't listen.

LeeLee

There are at least 10 vaccines, some requireing several doses, that are recommended for all children and are generally required for school admission. My big beef with vaccines is the barrage of toxins to an infant body. I agree that vaccines are preventing disease from spreading through the population and that many are necessary if not at least advisable. BUT - why do so many shots (toxins) have to be administered to a human being that weighs no more than 30 pounds? (And why do I have to vaccinate my 2 year old for Hepatitis that is spread though sexual contact and sharing needles? Not much chance of her encoutering that anytime soon!) If the vaccine schedule were more drawn out instead of requiring 20 shots before the second birthday, I would feel a lot better about giving them to my child. In my opinion, the debate should not be to vaccinate or not but on what schedule.

M&G2001

Hmm... I dont think it has anything to do with the vaccines, I think Charlie is so sheen we can see right through him, it has to do with him having control, hello? he can move on, and Denise can not? get over it, cheer up Charlie , you have a new wife you can control!!

He's just another Idiot

Denise is such a liar. She is probably making all of this up that Charlie doesn't want the kids vacinated. She can't stand that Charlie has gone on with his life while she is pimping out his kids on a dumb reality show. Hasn't she learned anything from the mothers of Britney, Lindsay and Paris? What will Charlie's kids be like when they grow up? In an interview, Denise said that her dead mother wanted her to do the show. Not only is she a lying whore, she sounds like a dimwit.

Can't Stand Obama

Of course the doctor is siding with Denise. Doctors want the office visits and the money they get.

The letter doesn't say anything about Charlie not consenting to the shots, it says Charlie doesn't consent to any treatment to the kids. Seriously, what if the kids got sick that had nothing to do with vaccines, then what??

Charlie is totally off his rocker here. He needs to worry more about his brand new marriage and less about taking Denise to court.

Hayley

It is very irresponsible to say that vaccines cause autism. It has never, ever been proven in any scientific study - EVER. Autism is more easily diagnosed these days, hence the "rise" in cases. 20 years ago, they would just say a child with autism was anti-social or shy. Other factors include advanced maternal age and genetics. Vaccines are one of the most important medical advancements ever and it's a shame that idiots like Charlie Sheen have to scare people. I mean, really - are you going to listen to the likes of Charlie Sheen and Jenny McCarthy? Give me a break! Those of you who still believe vaccines cause autism - google the studies done on autism and twins and tell me it's not genetic. There is a reason that it runs in families. I feel very bad for Denise in this situation.

Star

I didnt realize Denise was a MOM I see her show and besides her spelling out the word WHORE in front of them I never see any motherly actions

so what???

Actually, the comments that shots are required to attend school are not true. A parent may sign a waiver stating that some or all of the vaccines have not been given because of medical, personal or religious reasons.

The schools would like parents to believe that their children have to have the vaccinations for obivious reasons, but it is not true (as long as their is a parent signed waiver)

wisegirl

Molly, more recently they have linked advanced paternal age rather than maternal age to autism. They say that the mother's age has no impact on autism.

anti vax

There are no independent studies to show that vaccines actually provide immunity, in fact many of the outbreaks in recent years were among vaccinated individuals. The media likes to cover that up.

My 2 oldest sons were vaccinated and suffer from ADHD, my third son has never had a shot and is perfectly healthy- night and day from the first 2.

Vaccines are linked to so many disorders and diseases. I do believe there is a genetic predisposition, and the vaccines can trigger it. Vaccinating your child is like rolling the dice and it's not only the mercury, there are tons of disgusting chemicals and toxins that are being injected directly into our developing babies bloodstreams. What part of that sounds right to you?

The best thing we can do for our children is povide them with a strong immune system so they can fight off disease naturally, things like cod liver oil and liquid B vitamins. Most importantly, stop feeding them poison in the form of processed foods and stick to a whole foods lifestyle.

For your childrens sake read both sides of this debate and do as much research as possible before making this important decision. This is not your doctors decision, it's our resposibility as parents to make a fully informed decision regarding vaccinations.

As far as school, there are several exemptions available in most states, it was very easy to get one here in FL for my son.

Robert Sledz

I think Denise Richards is a loon to have innocent young kids appear on a public airways television show. Charlie has every right to the children and decision making process as she does. Has anyone heard of "Joint Custody" before? Duh??!

Hayley

Mike - The Mercury derivative on vaccines, called THIMEROSAL is no longer present in any vaccines given to children in the United States.

Stacia

You do NOT *have* to be vaccinated to attend public school in the United States. There is a waiver that you must fill out from your local health department that states in case of an epidemic, you will not allow your child in school until it has passed. You can exempt yourself from vaccinations for several reasons. In Florida, it can be due to religious beliefs, medical or personal reasons. My daughter has never had a single vaccination and is healthy as a horse. (She's 13 now)

Kelli

Mother of 6, thanks, I didn't know that. I thought they were required. I am going to question my school about that. Of course all my children are current, thankfully nothing happened to them.

Hayley

Anti Vax - You really do a disservice to those posting here who are worried about vaccines. Your children do not have ADHD because of vaccines. ADHD is completely over-diagnosed but when children do have it it's usually accompanied by other factors such as being bi-polar or possibly smoking while pregnant. Please stop spreading your diatribe. It's not only wrong but it sends a bad message to others. Please read the studies and visit your local library. Read medical journals and talk to someone at the American Medical Association.

Stacia

Wow, lol... Mother of 6, you beat me to it...:) Glad to see others are informed.