Cedric Performs $100 Tip Tease

6/11/2008 5:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Cedric the Entertainer is absolutely disgusted with the Beckhams tipping habits -- so much so, that it prompted him to "tip" the valet $100.

Russ

He doesn't know how to tip because he doesn't understand basic math for crying out loud. And the word is BILL not beaall.

Brattus Rattus

I can't believe there are racist statements about Cedric tipping well. WTF people?

Cedric is a GREAT comedian and I wish him nothing but the best. Good for him for going above and beyond doing the right thing!

Mike

John

You should have asked about Spencer Pratt's lousy tip, but I guess Cedric would have no idea who that dude is anyway because he's not even a real celebrity. Oh well.

Margaret

I love me some cedric! he was just kidding

Brattus Rattus

4. Too bad for Cedric the restaurant owner came forward to say that "the Beckhams are 'great customers and excellent tippers.'" making his act unnecessary. It is strange though, I heard that black people were notoriously poor tippers.

Posted at 4:36PM on Jun 11th 2008 by Mark

Seriously? You heard that, huh? Must be true then. Friggin idiots.... Is TMZ the new racist/idiot place on the block?

PS - the restaurant owner was probably told to clean up the poor PR that the Beckhams and the restaurant were getting.

Bubblebunny

Hey White Bread dopers ! He's messin' witcha !!!!!!! Come out da trailer and watch da sun shine ! It will wake up your Pabst Blue Ribbon soaked brains.

Mike

Why would you decide to accept one truth over the other (ie they tip poorly as opposed to their being good tippers) Brattus? Why do you dismiss what the owner had to say on the subject? Do you have the predilection to believe that celebrities are cheap? Did you hear that someplace, like I heard black people tip poorly? Of course I am the one that is the racist/idiot right?

I am inclined to believe what the owner says considering the owner has knowledge of their tipping patterns over many visits, as opposed to one visit.

As for the blacks tipping poorly: are their any servers who can weigh in on this based on personal experience?

Terry H

The guy asking the questions sounds like a girl.

Brattus Rattus

Mark...Mark...Mark.

I feel bad for you. I really do. Being a person in a racially diverse community, I know all types of people and have made my decision based on real life experiences.

Instead of "hearing" that blacks are poor tippers, why not experience all of the diversity and make the decision for yourself instead of being told what to think. It's the only way to change stereotypes and grow as a human being.

Once people open their minds to all of the diversity in the world, it'll be a better place.

Enough said. There will be no more posts about this from me.

Devynn

mark, as a black woman and a former waitress, i can say that rich, poor, black, white, it doesn't matter, there are poor tippers in every segement of our society. the beckhams can do as they wish with their money, as it's their's to begin with! another thing, they're english. in england, and many more western and eastern european countries, the wait staff and those in other positions were tips are encouraged, are paid a reasonable wage to being with. any "tips" are usually included in the bill depending upon the size of the group, the resturant, the country, etc. only in america do we really WORK for our tips. other places it's either expected, included or considered an insult. the beckhams are just doing what other rich ppl do with freebies, ENJOYING IT! nothing wrong with that! i'm sure they've tipped well before and will continue to do so. but they will do it with their only real frame of reference: that of their home country of England! and that's to be expected. besides, on a comped meal, most good resturant owners would pay their wait staff what may be considered a nice tip for waiting on that table b/c they KNOW that the ppl aren't gonna pay for anything anyways. might as well cover all their bases, right? we may never know if this owner did that b/c it's none of our business what his business practices are. just like it's really none of our business what the beckhams or anyone else does with their money. cedric is just being a show off. and he comes off as an ass. any rich person worth their money will let you know from the get go that it's no one's concern how they get it or how they spend it.

Mike

Well thanks for the advise, but in order for me to "experience all of the diversity and make the decision for (myself) ", as you suggest, I would either have to become black or become a server. Since I am not able to change my genes the only possible solution is to wait tables. The thing is this; I didn't earn my BA and go on to graduate school to serve people their dinner.

About the only thing I can do to gain insight is to ask those in a position to experience it first hand if it is true. Hmmmm, that's what I did.

And your claim that I would not get a truthful answer on this board because, as you put it, "Asking this forum, with all of their racial hatred to weigh in...won't work. Plus you'll just be reading what certain people think and could possibly be telling you what you want to believe." is extremely cynical. Tisk tisk, I would think going through life with such a cynical outlook would be very miserable and lonely.

Brattus Rattus

Anyone who thinks there isn't racial bias here should go read all the hatred posted under Flava Flav's story for a peek into the minds of some people here.

Love ya, Cedric!

Leela

'Scuse me, the guy calls himself Cedric The Entertainer and he has the nerve to criticize someone else? Where do these morons come up with these names?

Alia

This is one of the most racist websites I've ever come across. All the stories are biased, and the Black writers who work for TMZ are idiots. I have been coming here for the last year just to see what the racist comments and stories will be posted from day to day, and you can believe I am never let down.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments