Joey McIntyre: Who Kid on the Block

6/11/2008 5:54 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The New Kids need to step it up in the promo department -- because nobody knows who the hell they are anymore.

Last night, one chick actually asked who Joey Mac was ... right to his face.

tamis

Good thing Joey has a sense of humor! shows what a jackass he is NOT!

MacLovin

Haters, beware! The kids are BACK ON THE BLOCK! Like it or not, you will be hearing them on your radio, seeing them on your TV, and reading about them on your precious TMZ. Washed up? As others have pointed out, they are selling out MAJOR venues all over the US and Canada for a tour that won't start for THREE MONTHS! We're not talking about small theaters and casino events. MAJOR VENUES, people.

I give these guys a lot of credit for the mud they let slide right off their backs.

bella

Who has the nerve to ask someone for an autograph and then ask who he is? I'd love for the gal to post on here and tell us what she was thinking. Good for Joey, though! Perfect response to an awkward situation.

*B*

To those who left the ugly comments,
You can love Joe McIntyre or you can hate him, either way you're still thinking about him!

Another Braveheart

Multiplatinum New Kids albums - check. Gold solo record - check. Television series - check. Broadway play - check. Third place finish on Dancing with the Stars - check. Star of Best Feature winner at film festivals - check. Hmmm, sounds to me like Joey can do anything he wants and be successful. He's everywhere, and I wouldn't have it any other way!

tigerlilly

wow what a great sense of humor im not even a fan and I know who he is even if you don't know YOU DON'T ASK i especially love the lady standing right behind him in the video still she actually looks happy to see him

New Kids Fan Forever

Joey is one of the sweetest most down to earth people I know of. He's been a star since he was a teenager and he never let it get to his head. Now he and his boys are back and selling out shows like nobody's business. If some people don't know who he is, it doesn't matter because they will within the next few months. And come this time next year, there won't be anyone who isn't living under a rock that won't know who the New Kids on the Block are. So to all you negative people out there, you better watch out, because the New Kids are back with a vengence and there's nothing you can do about it.

Jenni

Where has this girl been living, under a rock!!?? Good for Joey, the way he handled it shows how much he is NOT a jackass. Joe is an incredibly talented musician and actor. As a proud braveheart I can positively say he is loved by many. Who cares what some people say, obviously they have nothing better to do than criticize without getting all their facts. Lets see, washed up? I don't think someone who is part of a band that has sold out concerts across the U.S. and has a video that is currently #1 on VH-1 is washed up. The Block is Back!!! People will have to deal with it because they are here to stay!!!
Love ya Joey!!! See ya in Cleveland and San Antonio!!!

Jenni:)

Ava

Haha! What a dumb girl! Probably just trying to make a buck off of his autograph! Listen TMZ, it's pretty contradictory for you to say nobody knows who he is and post it with a video of him surrounded by people taking photos of him and getting his autograph. I would have preferred you commented on the moron asking him for his autograph instead of clowning on Joey's status. Their reunion is even publicly known everywhere and they're already selling out concerts. Wake up and do your research properly!

Im just sayin'...

A sign of how old his music is: check out the lady in the background of the still shot! This is his fan base?!? Hey - Grandma!

anilam18

Ok, to the people saying he is a nobody and hasn't been for years and some such CRAP, you are obviously not in the know. Joe has done a number of wonderful things over the years that New Kids were not together, and some of them not small to say the least! Let's see, he was on Boston Public for a year as a very funny and handsome teacher. He was in off Broadway productions of Tick Tick Boom and Happy Days. He was in the ON BROADWAY production of Wicked...yes, you know...that musical that is HUGE right now. Oh and let's not forget he was in the first season of Dancing With the Stars (just a teensy show these days!!! LOL) and took 3rd place. He is in a wonderful Independent film called On Broadway that looks phenominal and I hope I get the chance to see someday soon. Oh and let's not forget the 5 albums he put out in that time that were all fantastic and the tours he did around the country and the world to promote them. He is amazing to say the least and in my opinion those who don't know who he is must live on another planet or are really out of it.

i love the 80

WELL I KNOW WHO HE IS!!! AND I LOVE HIM!!! ALWAYS HAVE, HE JUST LOOKS BETTER WITH AGE! I CANT WAIT FOR THEM TO COME HERE CAUSE IM GOING IF I HAVE TO SELL A KIDNEY!! LOL..

lsufan74

What kind of "schmuck" asks for a person's autograph and they don't even know who it is? If you ask me, the person that did that is the IDIOT in this video. Also, I love how none of the media cared about the New Kids for years while doing solo careers, and now, they are recording them any chance they get, trying to make money off of them....the funny thing is the NK's have outsmarted all of you guys. They are in it for their fans and themselves, and who gives a damn about the others!!! KEEP KEEPIN' ON, GUYS....we stand together agains NEGATIVE MEDIA, and don't YOU ever forget it!!!!

CelticBabe

Whoever it was who didn't know our Joey must have been in the womb 15 years ago. Even my little sister, who was 5 at the time, loved New Kids. And it shows what a great sense of humor Joe has that he can just laugh at something like this. His true fans know what a wonderful man he is and that he can always laugh at himself. And considering that the concerts are already selling out, I don't think he has to be concerned with one girl not knowing who he is.

tigerlilly

The lovely woman standing behind is far cry from his fanbase. I'm his age and I'm hot. If you're a man, you'd want me. If you're a woman, you'd be jealous of me...and you'd probably want me too.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments