Tim Russert Dies of a Heart Attack

6/13/2008 4:25 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

NBC News' Tim Russert has died of a heart attack. He was 58.

He was working in NBC's Washington bureau today when he collapsed while recording voice overs.

DC Fire tells us the call came in at 1:41 PM ET. We're told they transported one adult male patient in cardiac arrest to Sibley Hospital where he died.

The "Meet the Press" host and author is survived by his wife, Maureen Orth -- a special correspondent for Vanity Fair -- and their adult son, Luke.

Previous 15 Comments | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12

gerald stan

deep sorrow about the death of Tim someone who so many of us has seen as model dad son husband and citizen.
he shall be missed but perhaps his specialness can rub off on us to walk in his footsteps.

Ginny

It's a shame Russert's doctor didn't do more. Stress Tests have a track record of almost being
worthless. Some statins to lower cholesterol hurt the heart unless Co-enzyme Q-10 is also taken.
It is not clear to me if the doctors knew that Tim's heart muscles were thickening. If they did,
it should have be a warning to do more tests. It looked like 10 years since his CAT scan also. They should have done another, heck, he had enough money to pay for it himself!

I immediately signed up for the next cardio-screening test in my area, I'm 57 and this is scarey.

Marsha Vick

My heart breaks and also goes out to Tim's family and his friends. He was such a strong, brilliant man..not many like him anymore.
God bless you Tim..God bless your family and friends.

Roger

Wow how terrible for his family and friends he will be miss! How about sharing some story's about plays old music "laughing" for the baby boomers but it seems when I try to share and help others my service provider blocks my attemps wonder why? Copuld it be AOL that block my commerial attemps so their online star Scott ,and Amy can control the advertising so if anybody feels left out contact the server that you work with or keep on blaming me matters none!

Roger

Speaking of low class jokes about death seems thats why TMZ ratings are, could you say flush or spike rules ,my thoughts heck no!

Melanie falcon from pflugerville tx

Tim Russert was a good guy and he was a good host my thoughts and prayers goes out to his famliy tim's memory will lives on forever

Previous 15 Comments | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12