Tim Russert Dies of a Heart Attack

6/13/2008 4:25 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

NBC News' Tim Russert has died of a heart attack. He was 58.

He was working in NBC's Washington bureau today when he collapsed while recording voice overs.

DC Fire tells us the call came in at 1:41 PM ET. We're told they transported one adult male patient in cardiac arrest to Sibley Hospital where he died.

The "Meet the Press" host and author is survived by his wife, Maureen Orth -- a special correspondent for Vanity Fair -- and their adult son, Luke.

Mike

This is horrible! Now the only hard hitter left is Bob Scheiffer and he's going any day now too . . . I am so sad for American Media . . . just getting worse and worse . . . .

loveitalianstyle

Please tell me this is not true! he is the best political commentator (in my opinion)! he will be missed greatly! My deepest condolences to his family. I liked him soooooooooooo much! what a shame! the world has lost a terrific person. May he rest in peace. "Live as if you were dying tomorrow, learn as if you were living forever" (Mahatma Ghandi)

LAME

WOW!!!! Shocking!!! RIP Tim.... you'll definetly be missed by many.

K15

I'm in shock! He was truly one of the great political analysts of our time! He seemed to have a great relationship with his father. It will not be the same with out him here in this election year!

Goddess

He was one of the FEW jounalist that I actually liked!!! Prayers go out to his family>

Crabbie

Good riddance.

mikey

Wow that is sad,They're saying it happened while he was at work.

waa waa cry babies

He was one of the few remaining reporters that knew how to keep bias out of his reporting.....Fair. I will miss his reporting. God bless his family.

Whatever

I am truly sad to hear about Tim Russert. For the few of you, who posted stupid stuff, obviously you don't know who he was. He is the few political commentators that reported on both sides and did not have an agenda of his own. I really enjoyed watching Meeting the Press.

Just great. Now we are just going to have idiots on.

mikey

This is very sad.Why couldn't it have happened to one of the fake journalists at fox news,like hannity or oreilly?

ThirstyThursday

At least 1 of my wishes came true this primary!

Lillianne

He's interviewing JPII at this very moment.

Rose

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WAY!!!!!! He is a wonderful

He's Boring now

A man of Goodness dies today, yet a Man of Shame, R Kelly gets off to only rape again. Where is the justice in this Life?

God Bless Tim Russert. God Damn R Kelly (in a Rev Wright tone)

Booey

drudge broke the story first, sad day in jounalism