Today's Special at Paula Deen's: Fire!

6/16/2008 2:31 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Paula Deen might want to cut down on the butter. A small fire -- caused by a bunch of greasy rags -- broke out last night around 11:00 PM at her restaurant in Savannah. Don't worry though, they're open for lunch today!

Deen's son Jamie told a local paper "I think if we get one round of fried chicken goin' in here you won't smell the smoke at all."

When she heard the news, Paula rushed to the scene in her bathrobe and slippers.

TMZhires13yearolds

A small fire??? The picture shows the entire restaurant engulfed!!! Oh, that's right, TMZ likes to employ "creative license". That said, I love Paula and the boys and I'm glad it was nothing more serious.

Kelli

My kids love for me to cook with her cookbook, but man the calories!

Liz

So happy everyone is Ok..........................I adore Pula Deen and her son's are gorgeous!

UH HUH

Glad it wasn't as bad as that picture made me think it was!! Love her! Though, my arteries get hard just watching her cook...

Devynn

i REALLY hope she didn't rush to the scene in her bathrobe and slippers. seriously, the woman HAS to have more class then that!

angelobuono

the only real tragedy
here is nepotism;

BOTH her boys NEED to get off the TEAT
and stake their own claims in this world.

Twinker

I totally agree those boys need to cut the apron strings.

GG

HEY #5, EVER HEARD OF WORKING IN THE FAMILY BUSINESS!!!!!!!!

GG

SAME GOES TO YOU #6

jessi

To those who say the boys should cut the apron strings, try reading Paula's book! In the book she tells how her boys worked their tails off helping her start out in the catering business! Maybe they like working with their mom, from all that I have heard and read, I think she would be a hard, but fun boss and I would keep a job there too!!

Twinker

Hey G,
Bobby and Jamie (and Paula) are just glorified hash slingers of typical southern fare than anybody with an IQ of over 20 can muster up. Paula is like my Jewish mother in law...serves up lunch with a heap o guilt piled high to the sky. Those boys never tuck their shirt in, shave or look directly in to the camera because Mama would be offended if they didn't give her all the attention.

Paula Deen is a highly overrated nasally pigsnuffer.

chef

Chicken Stripper, I'll bet you have a difficult time distinguishing between good and not so good food. And I'll bet the problem has something to do with all that hateful bile you have stored in your system. Whatever happened or didn't happen to you, good luck with that. You are missing out on a wonderful part of life...and I'm not just talking about food.

YOU ARE IGNORANT

I LOVE HER!!!

Twinker

Give me a lovingly and well thought out meal that nourishes the soul and not served up with a sob story. When one watches Ina Garten slice and dice one can tell she has some major saddness in her eyes but seeing her cook is sheer, delicate poetry..and with consideration to the health of her guests.

When Paula starts in about something being battered and beaten I can't tell whether she is talking about herself or a piece of steak or cup of heavy cream.

#1cookfan

Chicken Stripper, Go crawl back under the rock you find yourself trying to unleash from. The 'rock' is smarter than you! Paula is a fine example of a great southern cook and her sons are gentlemen. I wonder exactly what qualifies you as a food critic to know what 'typical southern fare' is? Have you been a Mcdonald's manager all your life?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments