Amy Winehouse Officially Diseased

6/22/2008 11:53 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Amy WinehouseHuge shocker -- crack, cigarette and who-knows-what-else smoking trainwreck Amy Winehouse has a lung disease.

Winey's father, Mitch, spilled the beans on her hospitalization, admitting the 24-year-old has contracted emphysema -- the same disease Johnny Carson died from when he 79.

Mitch told the Daily Mail, "With smoking crack cocaine and the cigarettes her lungs are all gunked up ... She's got 70 per cent lung capacity."

Amy has been in the hospital since collapsing in her London home last week.

angie

I wouldn't wish the disease on my worst enemy....however, me ex husband has it and won't quit. There is a fine line between being educated and just using plain old common sense. For both I would have to say neither of them have either qualities. The will to live is the only hope and I would say she has been on a self destructive path for quite sometime now.

THE CHILDREN ARE NOT BEING PROPERLY SUPERVISED...PERIOD!

Good she is in the hospital, she'll get some of the help she needs, and gain some weight.....hopefully she will stop the smoking and crack.......

FaithHopeAmour

Wheather or not the "biz" on Amy is true or false... She never appears to be healthy. It's unfortunate, as she has great talent. Hopefully she'll over come her vices. "Good Luck" to Amy!!

rosie

To #54 Rush Limpbaugh, I am sure there are plenty of people who care about Ms. Winehouse. The sad thing about drug and alcohol interventions is that if the user does not want help, it is impossible to help them. The key is wanting to help yourself. Thank God I never put my parents through my past drug abuse. But I know how it is. I went through it for years with my son and no matter what I did to try and help him he still wanted to drink. You can only do so much. You cannot let an addicts life ruin your own. That is a sad fact of life. It is sad that at 24 Ms. Winehouse is killing herself. But let's face it, there have been plenty of people in the past, famous or not who chose their drugs and alcohol over life itself. If Ms. Winehouse chooses not to help herself she is lost.

chasemonster

Amy Winehouse recorded the masterpiece "FRANK" and for that alone she is immortal.

dianne

Go to OMG for story about Amy's dad commenting on her emphysema today.

Not shocked

Yeah...Umm...I think smoking CRACK is what got her where she is now! Yes, smoking is a dirty habit but I think you'll find it was the drugs that got her sick...

VS

OMG! i can't believe this. The girl is only 24 years old! Yes, she looks older due to drugs and lifestyle. But, i would not
wish this on anyone! It is a fatal disease. My FIL died from it. Also, my Brother in law. Not pretty for sure.

She is going to have to clean up big time! No one can deny her talent as a singer. But, only Amy can help herself!

God bless her.

Ms. X

What a headline. I nearly fell off my chair. But deseased/deceased, still bad. I love you Amy! Get well soon. I'm now listening to "Back to Black". xoxoxo

RB

Bitter and angry people.....you throw your own under the bus?

Twinker

Time to pick out the casket and burial plot.
She aint gonna hit 40.

BJ Rocks

wow is anyone surprised of the outcome???

j

#15 - you are so right! That girls needs a good bath!!!!!!!
yuck!

j

could you only imagine what STDs she has!

stephc5

Smoking will kill you. It says so right on the pack. No big secret there. And crack too.

I feel sorry for her family not for her. Smoking was her choice.