Violent Surfers Shred Paps Over McConaughey

6/22/2008 1:27 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

A group of surfers just got gnarly on a group of paps -- all over photos of beach king Matthew McConaughey!

Around 12 photographers were on the beach in Malibu Saturday afternoon trying to get shots of Matty hitting the surf, when an all-out smackdown was laid on the pappers by turf-protecting surfers.

One pap was hit in the face and we're told suffered a broken nose, while another was thrown into some rocks and had his camera smashed. McConaughey was not involved in the ruckus.

Police tell us a battery report was filed by one photographer but no arrests have been made.

A rep for Matthew has yet to get back to us.

ST333

Great job boys. They're just vermin anyhow.

ButtLvnBear401

IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!!!! BANG MORE OF THEM!!! WE'VE ALL HEARD THE DISGUSTING COMMENTS THEY MAKE TO SOME CELEBRITIES SO THEY CAN TAKE A PICTURE OF THE REACTION. sAME GOES FOR THE TMZ CLOWNS OUT THERE TOO

ratpak13

azzclowns.
drunken no-load, can't c**t, surf-nazi wannabes.

CZBenGanza

YEAAAAAAAH Paps Get a REAAAL JOB!!!

Brian

I hope there were charges of assult w/ a weapon fied gainst that photag and was locked up. If someone attackd me w/ a camera stand I would kill them and plea self-defense!!!

Jane Blow

Yeah...go Americans. The constitution works both ways...the right to peaceful enjoyment and privacy is more important than the right to take pictures on public lands. So sorry, but the truth is it is an envasion of privacy and if the courts and the cops won't uphold the institution, maybe the people will! Kick their sorry asses!

Dan Crampton

These pap's are becoming so annoying I would not be surprised if more of this doesn't happen soon. Look @ how they handle themselves in stores when chasing some D list celeb.

Well

From what I saw, the camera man hit the guy with a pole first. HE deserved to get his azz handed to him. What was the problem anyway, someone got in his face? Isn't that what they do ALL DAY LONG?

Elizabeth

Freedom ain't free... 'they whipped your ass reeal goood!' -John Cleese, A Fish Called Wanda

jennyfearsants

For once I am siding with the photographers. Those violent little boys have no place among normal people.

nobrother23

I wanted to be mad at the surfers for beating up on them, but I can not bring myself to do so. I am so sick of the pap's, that this is actually good news to me. I hope the paps go back and get it done to them again. Wish I felt differently, but you had it coming to you paps.

Steely

Surfers are a bunch of douchebags. Why are a dozen "men" protecting the honor of another man? They had to round up a posse to deal with a couple of photogs? Laughable!

also, how about the irony of a surfer telling a photog to "get a real job".

Tony A.

Well done, well done. I liked the $15000 cam with the salt water pouring out of it...very well done guys! Oh and your Sheriffs down there pretty "buff", they doing the steroids? Ours up north are nothing but fat asses ready to to have coronaries.

Again, well done!

Sharona

Why the big fuss? If Matthew was as good looking as he thought he was he would be able to join Clooney, Cruise and Pitt's "Ego Maniac Club". The only thing he has going for him is a half way body because his face looks like a truck ran over it. Sorry Matthew you get a "3" at best in my book.

MutualDisdain

Yes. We need more concerned citizens like these boys. Somebody should start a fight club that actively seeks out paparazzi and beats them to a pulp. Can you imagine a van load of frat boys pouring out into a sea of paparazzi, beating them senseless, and jumping back into the van before the cops arrive. This should become a new youtube tradition.

You are not a hypocrite for visiting TMZ. It is quite alright to be interested in celebrities without wanting celebrities to be stalked and harassed.

Now which fraternity of drunken frat boys is going to start the trend first? We should have a national beat-in for the paparazzi.

Previous 15 Comments | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments