Karolina Kurkova -- Packing on the Pounds?

6/23/2008 4:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

If you believe the Brazilian press, this is a fat woman.

Supermodel Karolina Kurkova was blasted over the weekend for the above appearance at Sao Paulo Fashion Week. One paper called her out for having cellulite and back fat.

You know what they say, it's all downhill when you reach ... 24.

Previous 15 Comments | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16

alee

she is getting fat or chubby for this kind of industry, but
really she fine, i mean that's why she is a supermodel

getacluepeople

I met her when she had just started and she was an idiot, stick thin with no boobs. Now she still has no behind, got a pair of fake cans, and the spray-on tan cannot hide her cellulite. She does not look and never did look healthy. Doctored poses on the Victoria Secret catalog are all she has to offer. I never got what was so great about her. (And no, I am not jealous, I just there much better looking models out there) Anyhow, as a model, it is her job to have a perfect body, that's why she gets paid thousands per hour. She sells an illusion that sells. For the company that hired her, she is an investment that will translate into dollars. Basic business. Nothing else. And being perfect is her JOB.

If you are not a model, you have no business comparing yourself to her or anyone who gets paid to look good. GET A CLUE!

And by the way, all of you who like saying that everything is the media's fault, or the fashion industry causing all the eating problems, blah blah blah... First of all, everything starts at home so anyone with issues I BET MONEY ON IT had some issue at home to start with. So pleeeease, next time you have a few free minutes open up a Art History book and check out Ancient Greek and Roman statues... Yeap... Long and lean... Specially the guys. Not an ounce of fat! Maybe the women a slightly rounder, but I challenge you to find "cellulite" or any part of the body out of proportion. I rest my case.

Amy

Karolina Kurkova could be a lot more toned. But if I had her face and the rest of her body, I'd be happy !

kdub

she's not fat, but she is flabby. There is a difference. No muscle tone and some saggy skin. I bet she looks awesome in jeans, though!

Cathy

She doesn't look fat, just slightly out of shape. It wouldn't take much to perk it all back up. The media is insane...and most of them probably ARE fat.

knuckle

This wonam is definitely not fat, but she is not in model shape ether.

When you are paid millions of dollars to do a job, you are required to fulfil the requirements of that job. Being a model means that you are representing the company whose name appears on the lable that you are wearing. Victoria's Secret is known for having their models be some of the most gorgeous women out there.

Therefore, it is the responsibility of the model to come to work prepared. In this case, it means that she should be in the best shape she can be in. This isn't a print ad that can be air-brushed. This is LIVE. What did she expect? As a woman and a fit woman, i can see that she is not FAT, but FLABBY. No need to lose weight, but she definitely has to exercise and tone up. Metabolism changes as you age, and 23 is the first wall that women hit. As a voluptouos woman, she needs to step up on the resistance training in order for gravity to not take over.

Sexist? Nope. She is putting her body out there, and she needs to keep it tight. If she doesn't like it, let her give back the million she probably earned for the day and quit her job.

Giselle

Karolina Kurkova is the Blonde Bombshell of the modeling world. She will be a classic for years to come. By the way, she speaks several languages and gives her time and money to children's chartities. Judging by how Brazil treats their own women from a human rights perspective, it is no wonder why the Latina judges might be a little angry. I think they are just jealous. And those of you that have made so many rude comments about her - What do you look like in a bathing suit?? Oh, and how many languages do you speak??? You probably mangle the English language pretty well!!! And then ask your self when was the last time I gave my time or money to someone who needed help, without expecting a return on my investment? (p.s. that doesn't include reimbursement for 12 pack of beer) Now you can all shut up! Shine on Kurkova! Shine On!

booboo4u

getacluepeople...

ahhm i'm still trying to follow your train of thought..you went from hating on her, to giving advice to other people against making comparisons, to admonishing the public about the realities of our influences, to giving us an Art lesson..and then you suddenly ended with a "Wham! I rested my case peeplz!"
but you didn't...you didn't make a case...you blubbered on things that I'm sure in your own head connected and made sense...but to anyone reading who looks for things to make sense..I think you are a little overconfident about your 'case'.

Its okay..you said you were just a model anyway...i know that's how you guys talk....and nod and pretend that you all understand each other.

if you just connected your thoughts a little more clearly though...you might have a 'case'!
lol

Cheryl

This world is full of insane people...this woman is friggin' beautiful. And in fact if we saw her in person she'd probably look ridiculously skinny...anyone who thinks she's fat needs to have their head examined, or check their jealousy.

SAM

She is not regular person fat but she IS supermodel fat. Models SHOULD be stick thin, they are advertising the clothing not themselves, they are there to do a job. I think its very very sad that there are models out there starving themselves to death.. but to i do not want to see a jelly arse and belly wobbling down the catwalk.. It looks unprofessional.

boe

For all the money she makes, yes, she is fat, and out of shape, and looks terrible. In that case, anyone should be a VS model. She's obviously not 'fat' for the 'average' physique, but it's her JOB

AmazonBiotch

First of all, she was NEVER a skinny model. She was always thicker than most. Secondly, if you see the actual video of the show (on shevibe), you will see why they selected her... EVERY model was thick. The designer did not have one skinny model in the show. Third, you don't know if she had a miscarriage, cancer scare, fertility treatment, addiction recovery, death in the family... you don't know anything about this woman who, by the way, still looks better than 99.9% of the people on this planet!

Lessy

You people need to stop saying that she looks normal because that has nothing to do with the issue here. She still looks better than normal. She is a lot skinnier than average, and taller than average. BUT she is letting herself go and needs to shape up because models earn millions exactly because they look nothing like an average woman. The frumpy short chubby women out there need to let it go. You were not made to be a super model. If someone that looked like you was modeling clothes, you wouldn't be interested in buying them.

QueenOf.MJ

On 26th of May,She was in Istanbul and I saw her.She is absolutely so thin,skinny. I saw her in front of my eyes. Some people should be careful about models 'cause they are quite thin, if some call them fat I wonder who is really skinny?
There is no need to make them starving I can't understand what people want,do you really want to make them starving?
She is thin as much as she could be.

QueenOf.MJ

She is thin as much as she could be.

Previous 15 Comments | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16