Malibu Surf & Turf War -- The Rematch

6/23/2008 1:23 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Private security was hired to patrol the beach where Matthew McConaughey surfs -- but that didn't stop another brutal beach beatdown from taking place yesterday between a band of violent locals and the paparazzi.

After a beachgoer chucked a beer bottle at one of the paps on the shore, an all-out brawl took place by the water -- ending with some badly busted-up faces and a lot of ruined camera equipment.

Though the L.A. County Sheriffs Department eventually showed up, no arrests were made.

Hillary supporter voting for McCain

It's about time someone put a beat down on those photo heads..........................................

His Royal Blackness

These surfers are a joke. This is their moment of glory. Beach turf wars? The paps aren't stealing your waves dude. Stop beating up people pointing cameras and go back to drinking beer and rubbing sun screen on each other.

atlanta male

I am glad that people are starting to rebel against the paps

Sharona

I just don't understand why any pap would actually want a picture of that ego maniac anyhow. Matthew's body is an "ok" but his face looks like a truck ran over it.

Clinton

Why should the cops arrest anyone for doing what they want, as well? The cops are "locals", too. Stupid paps.

my, my, what truth dacoits you are

Save a beach, cap a pap, y'all. Close the muthas down!

Observer

I get a warm fuzzy feeling watching the paps get beat down by surfers. Paps are parasites for going on this beach with cameras.

niles

way to go surfer guys! kick these vermin off the beach and into the gutter where they belong.

Me

The police are sick of the Paps causing a frenzy where ever they go. Look at ANY video of Britney or Paris. If I were the police I would hope for a beat down also! And why would they show up for another day when they knew what happened last time?? The day of the Paps is coming to an end and I love it! Maybe people will be able to be in a 10 mile radius of these "stars" and not be bombarded

heyyou

Sue these surfers ,x17 and if TMZ was attack you should sue also ,this type of bullying behavior that has penetrated the American psychology because of the type of Government that has been in power is coming to a end and this type of behavior among citizens in this country also needs come to a end.

TJ

Yay! Hopefully they'll use baseball bats against the paps next time. The paps have chased most of the A-listers away in CA; really all they have left are the celebutards to willingly hound.

I agree--Cap a Pap today!!!

Me

Who exactly had the badly busted up faces? The guy with a tiny scratch under his eye?? "I'm makin money"..GET A REAL JOB!

my, my, what truth dacoits you are

Hey stupid,
The instigating, agitating mob of paps are the bullies and deserve everything which is and shall be coming to them.

bear

To Studly . . . you're an idiot!

revolver

Good, those paps need their asses beaten. That's what the masses have to say about conditioning us for an Orwellian society. . If no one was arrested then who were the two dudes in the back of that sheriff's car at the end of the video?