I-Man -- I Was Just Being "Sarcastic"

6/24/2008 9:37 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Don Imus just pulled out the S-card -- sarcasm -- to defend himself against charges that he's a straight-up racist.

On his radio show this morning, he said he was just trying to "make a sarcastic point" when he asked yesterday, about arrest-happy NFL player Pacman Jones, "What color is he?" As Imus tried to explain, "What people should be outraged about is that they arrest blacks for no reason. I mean, there's no reason to arrest this kid six times."

As the I-man himself put it: There you go. Now we know.

Liz

This morning, I was watching GMA when I heard about this......................Damn, I am outraged! Of course the good ol rev (Al "shifty" Sharpton) was on attempting to make his point. He said, "Imus needs to stop sterotyping"!!!! Are you believing that BS? Stereotyping?! That is all the rev knows how to do...................I am disgusted with all this BS. It is a double stantard with blacks and it is time for it to end. To the ass that thinks if Obama becomes President ALL will be right with Blacks............you are an insult to your race! What an idiotic statement.............which is probably why Obama will NOT be elected!

crus

c c can't w w we all j j just g ge get along??

freewilly

If you don't like Imus, DON'T listen. I don't like Obama because he has no clue, so I don't Listen. I didn't want to vote republican this fall, but now I have no choice. Race is not a qualification for president, experiance and ability does.
Obama has neither, just because he's black doesnt' make any difference. Give us Colin Powell, and I'd vote for him in a heart beat. Obama is no different than Sharpton or Jackson.

JJeuro

So I see a link to this website so I check it out.......I am shocked by some of the comments made in this forum. So much hatred, does the feeling of hating someone else make you feel better? Please people grow the hell up......all this talk about white, black, latino's..........in a couple of generations we will all be mixed anyways. Its inevitable!!! For the people who think that black people are wining and jews are not, GIVE ME A BREAK OK, don't get me started on the whole palistine thing....Do you know how long the black race is suffering, to this day, everywhere in the world black people get treated as inferior. Does it bother me? Yes. Do I let it run my life? Nope!! I am just a guy who happens to be colored, educated, working for a global company, just doing what I have to do. Does it bother me that there is black on black crime and hating? Of course, but we need to look at the bigger picture here. I have said this before.....no disrespect but the white man devided the colored telling them the one is better than the other. This way colored people will never support eachother and this way always fighting among themselves. This is still the case today.....I get more respect from a white man then a colored person. This is just wrong!! I have friends of all races, that is the beauty of the human race, there is so many positive things in life, why must we focus on the negative.

About Sharpton, yeah.....you know sometimes I think its just opurtunism, same for Imus. I do not live in the US, but I have spend time there. And I think everyone is complaining, not only the minorities. You guys got it good!!! Respect eachother and live together and fix your foreign image.

Just my two cents.

Liz

Pike ~ Al Sharpton is a racist pig and should be an insult to the black race...............someone needs to tell him to STFU! I am truly grateful that SOB does not represent me! Why do Blacks allow him to speak for them? He only makes matters worse!

Illinois person

Here we go again! Like the Cindy Lauper song goes "I can see your true colors"! No way should this guy have been allowed back on the air. Guess he likes having the Rev Sharpton up in his face. No matter how it was intended - this doofus should not have gone there. Guess he didn't learn his lesson the first time.

Sharona

People want to gripe all the time about something. It's a real simple solution.....if you don't like this man and what he says on the radio.....change the station there are only 5000 others! Get a life!

Personally I don't like the man and that is why I LISTEN TO SOMETHING ELSE!

J

f u AL SHARPTON!

dahoss

Hang in there Don. The real racists are those hollaring that you are racist. Those people just cant wait to pounce on any white man they can to totally destroy. You will never see these same people out bashing racist blacks or their own who commit terrible crimes.

Unlike the white man who frowns upon crime regardless of which race commited it, the black race seldom speaks out against their own kind. Most of the world recognizes who in this country commit the majority of violent crimes, so dont feel like you are alone.
Blacks make up 11-12% of Americas population yet commit 78% of all violent crimes. Its a fact!

Fatinah

I thought Americans had freedom of speech - even ridiculous speech.........

truthhurts

I mean really, WHO GIVES A RATS ASS!!!!!

mg

Obama called white Americans bitter, clinging to their bibles, guns and religion. That was much more offensive. If Obama gets elected, we'll lose the First Amendment. I'm scared to death of Barack Obama, not Don Imus.

dahoss

Joe

Oh please, I agree with him 100%. I can't believe black people wonder why they're discriminated against. Obviously that doesn't apply to every black person.. but for a majority of them.. look at the way they live!

mg

This guy puts on a great show with two black cohosts and a black producer. Those of you saying he shouldn't be on the air have never heard the show and should lighten up and stop playing the victim.