Bill Murray -- Divorce in a Hurry

6/25/2008 7:37 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Dayum ... that was fast! Bill Murray and his wife Jennifer have quietly -- and officially -- divorced, sans the drama we heard about a month ago.

TMZ has obtain court documents, dated June 13, granting the two a divorce. Bill's been ordered to pay child support, Jennifer will have custody of their four kids and gets to keep their two houses.

Hollywood is splitsville -- click to launchJust last month, Jennifer filed for divorce alleging, among other things, that hubby Bill was a sex addict who beat her up. A month later, the two are officially kaput.

Joe Bescophilis

Sex addict = he wanted it more than two or three times a year. Also means that he was not going to pay her big bucks to make this easy, so she smeared him. You have to read between the lines on these divorce things.

Shannon

I agree with Cheryl from Soto. There is no reason to give anyone two houses. Why, because he has money? I bet she is smiling behind closed doors, not to mention the child support she will receive, 4 kids, I can just imagine. But of course, it will probably be 10 thousand dollars a month or more knowing them. Their wives are so spoiled not working, now she won't have to work. I only wish I could find me a sex addict, lol. One thing that I do agree on her divorcing him is him beating her up, I am totally against domestic violence, but does she realy need all that luxary!

gayla

AT LEAST THEY KEPT THEIR BUSINESS AS MUCH TO THEIR SELVES AS THEY COULD WHICH MORE HOLLWOOD COUPLES SHOULD FOR THE SAKE OF THE CHILDREN.

Loni

Too early for flapjacks?

Clara

Whta bitterness. Why, Tim, is it whenver you post ab out a woman getting some money, she is a gold digger? These are people who were married for a long time and have four children. All we hear is what SHE got, not what Bill Murray kept of the marital assets. Why shouldn't she have two houses? I have four, and I'm not a wealthy entertainer.

Hey, live with this one, too. Andelina WAS pregnant with Shiloh while Brad was married to someone else. Just a fact.

As ofr Shannon, sure, go find yourself a sex addict and go through what it is like to live with one. This woman did have a job. She is raising four children. If they were able to have that as her job, fine. Perhaps you could be a stay at home mother, too, if you made the choice to marry someone who could both support that decision and the family. And what is wrong with luxury? These people can spend their money as they choose to without cesure from anyone else just because the critics have less.

Til death do us part

Marriage vows go something like " for better or for worse, in sickness and heath, till death do us part' The world traets marriage like trading in cars. Those kids will be scarred forever. I Know. Maybe the government should put a divorce fee at around 50,000. This way it will be like trading in a car or lets change the vows (covenant) to say "for better or ELSE".

gayla

TO CLARA MOORMANYOU ARE SOOOOO RIGHT .......ITS GOOD TO KNOW THERE ARE STILLL SANE BLOGGERS OUT THERE !!!!!!!!!!!

Clara

what nutty judge would give her 2 houses? WHY would she need 2 houses? where will he live? & about the sex addict business/ WHY did she marry him? She must of known that he likes sex alot, right? She just wants money & thats all.... I feel sorry for him & MAYBE he will FIND a woman who can satisfy his needs....>>

It isn't about finding a woman that can satisfy him, Cheryl. To make such ignorant statements shows you know nothing at all about the issue. Oh, that's right. YOU must be that woman, huh? It isn't even about LIKING sex. I had to laugh at your silliness.

All we hared is what his wife was given in the divorce, not full disclosure as to the marital assets that were divided. BM is not on the streets, and they had more homes than the two she got. And guess what? It doesn't mean that she got them free and clear. I know many divorced women who "got the house..." and also got the mortgage that went with it.

Kevin

Obviously his wife had the "goods" on him (perhaps he was looking at jail time or serious criminal allegations) to get everything she wanted. If her prior statements about him were false, I doubt he would have caved in so easily. Good for her! I'm no longer a fan of Bill Murray.

Uncle Remus

Hats off to Bill Murray and his Wife. Thank you so much for doing your Divorce the Rite way and not DRAGGING it threw the STINKING PRESS so all thoses CRAPPY WRAGS out there feed on your situation like STINKING SHARKS..

DANAY

]WILL I BEEN DIVORCED CLOSE TO 4 YRS AND WAS EMONTALLY ABUSE BY MY EX ........ ITS NOT BEEN EASY THE FIRST TWO YRS,,,,, MET A WONDERFUL MAN LATER AND HAD A WONDERFUL DAUGHTER.... I WOULD SAY THIS I AM HAPPY I LEFT THE BASTARED CAUSE THERE ALWASY SOMEONE ELSE THAT PICK UP THE TRASH LATER .........BUT THE MOST OF THIS IS THE CHILDREN THAT SUFFER .......... MY CHILD HAS BEEN IN THERARPY AND COUNSENLING FOR THE LONGEST .......... HE HAS COME A LONG WAY SO FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO READ THIS YOU HAVE TO DO WAS RIGHT THING FOR THE CHILD AND YOUR FURTURE CAUSE NO ONE LIKES TO BE IN A MARRAIGE WHERE THERES IS PROBLEMS ................... SO IT GREAT THAT WAS GUICK BUT TWO HOUSES THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH THAT.????????

SGA

The never ending sexism and gender bias against men. Why does she get custody AND two houses? This is not what I would call a 50/50 split of marital assets. If SHE lost custody and TWO houses, she would be whining to the media, there would be a BIG deal about it. Men get screwed (again) and nobody blinks; as if she deserves the lions share.

LeAnn

My brother in law who is not a celebrity, is going through a divorce. They said it will take 6 months to finalize, he is also in California. His soon to be ex has been living with anouther guy for about 1 1/2 months, dating him for about 3, she is pregnant now, and my brother in law has to use HIS health insurance to pay for that pregnancy because they are still legally married. I just hope since he has the two children they share CONSTANTLY, she is never around, never has them, that he doesn't end up having to pay child support on any of HER 3 kids. They don't have a house and he barely gets by supporting himself and the two kids on $700 every two weeks. Maybe Bills ex can give my brother in law an extra house of hers.

Clara

I guess i have another question. What would you men be thinking if she settled for two houses and gave Bill the kids so that she could go pursue a career, just as she helped him with his? The same people calling her a gold digger, a woman who couldn't satisfy her husband's addiction, someone who isn't entitled to the luxury their marital life afforded them... would be screaming foul, what a terrible mother... selfish bitch... Next thing we hear about Bill Murray is that he's shacked up with some a third his age.

The Black Rose

SO MANY OUT THER ARE SO CONCEARNED ABOUT GAY MARRIAGE, WELL THER IS NO SCACTITY IN MARRIAGE JUST LIKE WE SEE EVERYDAY, AND ESPECIALLY IN HOLLYWOOD, JUST A FARCE, AND A PLACE FOR THE ATTORNEYS TO MAKE BIG BUCKS, MOST OF THESE CELEBS. GET MARRIED FOR PUBLICITY.IT IS A JOKE HOW MANY TIMES THEY GET DIVORCED,EVERYONE CAN MAKE A BAD CHOICE ONE TIME, BUT IF YOU DO IT SO OFTEN. YOU ARE THE FOOL AND SCHOULD GET CALLED FOR IT. L . FOR MOST OF THEM IT IS A JOKE, JUST LIKE PEOPLE WHO HAVE TOO MUCH MONYE AND NOT ENOUGH BRAINS, TO THEM IT IS JUST LIKE A NEED TO CHANGE THE WALLPAPER EVERY YEARS WEATHER IT NEEDS IN OR NOT. WHAT A FARCE AND WORING ABOUT GAY MARRIAGE LIKE IT WILL MAKE THE ABOVE ANY WORSE . WHAT STUPID THINKING. WELL SADLY MANY FOLKS NOW ARE PROD TO BE STUPID. SISTA B. ROSE.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments