Bill Murray -- Divorce in a Hurry

6/25/2008 7:37 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Dayum ... that was fast! Bill Murray and his wife Jennifer have quietly -- and officially -- divorced, sans the drama we heard about a month ago.

TMZ has obtain court documents, dated June 13, granting the two a divorce. Bill's been ordered to pay child support, Jennifer will have custody of their four kids and gets to keep their two houses.

Hollywood is splitsville -- click to launchJust last month, Jennifer filed for divorce alleging, among other things, that hubby Bill was a sex addict who beat her up. A month later, the two are officially kaput.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

ponytailal

I can understand the child support but what the hell does she need with two houses. what ever happened to 50/50 another gold digger

KarenB

Bill Murray? Sex addict and wife beater? Who would have thunk it?
If true, SHAME ON YOU, BILL!!!!!! I am sure, that if Bill didn't
think he owed what 'goodies' 'he is giving his newly-EX wife, he
would be in the courts, fighting for every last cent he could keep!!!
Mark my words, we have not heard the last of this divorce! As far as
what Jennifer may 'need'.....I am sure she has provided a great
homelife for him and their children. This has enabled him to do this
'sex addict' philandering, as well as his rough-housing!!! Frankly, I am
surprised that she stood it so long, as I have 'been there and done
that' Thank goodness, when I found it happening to me, my children were not
still at home.....It is, ALWAYS, a no-win, heart-breaking situation.

justafu

So what else is new! Another Hollyweird actor gets screwed in divorce court by his wifey who "claims" he's abusive so she gets EVERYTHING! I'm not sure but I think I've seen this crap somewhere before!!!

Stephanie

Brad now that is another story....he is ughhh..... he had it good i think looked liked sounded like etc..... with Jennifer then he goes with this Angelina and dangggg he is like a dog walking right behind her sniffing her every move he is like a whipped dog on the scent of a BI^CH in heat..... i think is what you call a female dog.. isn't it? ugh as you can tell i do not like Brad Pitt.......Stephanie

Cathy

Any woman who would put up with a narcissistic sex/drug addicted degenerate (after 4 kids) like Murray deserves ALL she can get. Does Murray deny his wife's accusations or accuse her of adultery and physical abuse? NO, and for good reason. HE CAN'T. Not without putting up a fight he would lose in court. The evidence was against him and there wasn't any dirt he could credibly throw at his spouse. If Murray cared about his kids he would never have put his children through this. BEATING UP THEIR MOTHER! Clearly, this guy wants to leave the scene of his marriage FAST. It would only translate bad PR. Understandably Murray's wife is now seeking a restraining order.

Bratt Pitt didn't hurry his divorce because there was absolutely no reason to hurry. Pitt could care less about marriage or marrying Angelina--the mother of his 5 kids. Besides this is Hollywood so WHY bother?

Hannah

In South Carolina you can get a divorce rather quickly if physical abuse is involved and proved. Apparently she had proof. If you are asking for a divorce based on irreconcilable differences (NO abuse), you must be separated for 1 year. It appears the judge granted the divorce on the grounds of proven abuse and for the safety of the children. I have some friends who know Bill and have always spoken highly of him, but who knows what goes on behind closed doors.

And also, sex addiction IS NOT just a matter of having a high sex drive. It is an overwhelming obsessive compulsion to have sex anytime, anywhere, with anyone. It requires long term therapy and sometimes medication to control

Cathy

Some of the most "charming" and "nice guys" with friends or in the workplace can be abusers and jerks behind the scenes in their marriages. (By the way, most comedians are notorious jerks where women are concerned.)

If the wife's accusations were made up out of whole cloth does anyone really believe that celeb Murray would not have at least denied them or put his case privately before a judge and presented proofs or testimony? If Murray loved his family and kids he would have gotten help for his "addictions" along time ago. Murray does not claim that he has done this. Clearly, Murray has his own priorities--and they don't include keeping his marriage intact or his children having a father around the house. The wife is now asking that a restraining order be put in place. The judge is taking her claims very seriously. Hence the "quicky" divorce.

Amazing how many people on this site think it's O.K. for a man to beat up his wife and be a promiscuous cheater (putting his wife's emotional well being and her health at risk) in his marriage as long as he's got big $$$ (a Hollywood comedian!) and his wife is "ONLY" raising the four kids. Now, which is more important? It seems Bill Murray isn't the only one with sick misplaced priorities.

KarenB

Bill Murray? Sex addict and wife beater? Who would have thunk it?
If true, SHAME ON YOU, BILL!!!!!! I am sure, that if Bill didn't
think he owed what 'goodies' 'he is giving his newly-EX wife, he
would be in the courts, fighting for every last cent he could keep!!!
Mark my words, we have not heard the last of this divorce! As far as
what Jennifer may 'need'.....I am sure she has provided a great
homelife for him and their children. This has enabled him to do this
'sex addict' philandering, as well as his rough-housing!!! Frankly, I am
surprised that she stood it so long, as I have 'been there and done
that' Thank goodness, when I found it happening to me, my children were not
still at home.....It is, ALWAYS, a no-win, heart-breaking situation.

KarenB

ardis...... this message is addressed to your attetion......Because, I was thinking all the things you put in your message, on this site. And, you did an excellent job of putting them all together in plain English! WELL SAID, WELL SAID!!...

Too many people (especially many men), are too quick, to judge the wife as being either a non-contributor to the life the family leads, stingy with her loving, or a gold digger wanting to strip the man of everything he owns!! Thank you, for your calm, rational way of telling it, for the most part, like it REALLY IS!!!!

....Once again, WELL SAID!!!....Karen** ....P.S. Just in case you are interested, I wrote an earlier message, which I posted on this site...It is #67

KarenB

jjty

I own 3 homes. Does this make me greedy? No, I like having my family visit but they like to stay in a place other than my home. It took lots of WORK, time and money to achieve my goals.
The green eyed monster is at work again. You don't want anyone to have more than what you have.
I worked for every penny and every thing I have. If I want to buy something, who are you to tell me that I can't have it or don't deserve it?
10K a month is nothing these days. 4 kids = 8 pair of shoes, $200.00 if you buy at a walmart, 8 jackets = 280.00, 40.00 undies, 1,400.00 jeans, 200.00 school supplies for 6 months, 1,200.00 groceries, electric, morgage, taxes, auto, on and on it goes. You forget that these kids can not go out in public freely because of who the parents are. They don't shop at walmart. They pay a high price for being born in the lime light.
So be it!!!!!

T

I'M GOING THROUGH CUSTODY RIGHT NOW......MY BOYS MOM IS A DIRT BAG ....3 KIDS BY 3 DADS AND ON THE WEL-FARE.....WILL NOT WORK AND RECIEVES CHILD SUPPORT.....

haley

At least when he dies he'll achieve total consciousness....so he's got that going for him.........

Stephanie

I only read through the first 2 pages of comments so someone may have actually took the time to read the legal papers so they don't look like an idiot when they post by not knowing what they are talking about - see, I read the papers and to all who are jumping on her about getting the 2 houses, they have 4 houses and he gets 2 as well which is fair and therefore stupid to get excited and bash her for. Next, they had an agreement prior to marriage so this was all decided back then, when they were "happy and in love" so they wouldn't have to deal with any bull or attempts to get more than deserved should they divorce so again, stop calling her names, Bill knew what he wanted to give her, she is not a gold digger by asking for everything. Also, another reason the divorce was quick, along w/abuse they had all their crap worked out so they avoided the delays. Now next time try and know what you are talking about before you mouth off on a message board and look like an idiot for assuming!

Noggy

Prenuptial agreement
Parties waived a ton of rights
She gets two properties and so does he.
She has primary custody but he is also a custodial parent
Divorce granted after one year of separation as required by South Carolina divorce laws.

THOSE ARE THE FACTS PEOPLE!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5