Pussycat Dolls & "Nashville Star" Don't Clique

6/25/2008 10:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

"American Idol" clone "Nashville Star" wanted Pussycat Dolls to perform on Monday's show, but instead wound up with their lingerie-clad, gyrating, girl group clone Danity Kane!
Pussycat Dolls and Danity Kane
Sources tell TMZ that, as of last Thursday, the Pussycats confirmed they would perform on the show as part of that night's "Pop Goes Country" theme and their appearance started to get promoted. But, on Friday, we're told, Interscope tried to get PCD's tween label mates, Clique Girlz, booked on the show.

"Nashville Star" was not interested in the 14-and-under trio and passed on both acts. Dontcha wish you kept your mouth shut?!

Luckily, the music industry is ripe with identical-looking, trannylicious, whored-out pop tarts and Danity Kane came to the rescue. Not that anyone would have known the difference.

See Also

Who Is That? Jenna Jameson? Kelly Ripa?

buffy

DK did great on Nashville Star.They are a million times better than PCD.At least they all get a chance to sing.GO DK!!!

T

I actually SAW this performance and could not BELIEVE how bad Danity Kane was/is. And how in the HELL is Aubrey going to be able to be in Hairspray on Broadway?? She can barely sing into a microphone, let alone project on stage. GROSS!! NEXT!!

amber

Really? I didn't know TMZ was created to bag on the celebs. seriously, thanks Kim i didn't know that. :-) Well, that makes my entertainment choices a little easier. And, aren't all groups created? The ones that weren't made by reality t.v. didn't all grow up together so, someone had to make them. TLC was made. Destiny's Child was made. So, i don't get that whole thing when people say when groups are "made" they don't make it and they suck. I just think it depends on their quality. I think if its a group that has real talent and they have great management (unlike DK) then they have a great chance of really succeeding. I'm not trying to start anything by writing this, just stating my opinion and wanting clarification.

herbert mullin

long live the only

ORIGINAL p.c.d.

C A R M I T !!!!

HATE YO MOMMA

Ok so i guess they deleted my last comment...i guess it was too mean??...anyways not gonna retype all that BS...FIRST DANITY KANE IS NOT A PCD CLONE DK WAS IN THE MAKING BEFORE PCD CAME OUT DIDDY ALREADY STARTED DOING MTB AND THEN ROBIN ANTEM (sp) STARTED PCD IN A GROUP FROM LOUNGE PERFORMERS(IN LAS VEGAS>>>HMMM STRIPPERS I TELL YA THATS WHERE THEY STARTED) PLEASE BELIEVE WE TALKING ABOUT A GROUP THAT CAN SING-DK AND A GROUP WITH 1 SINGER AND 5 oh no 4 STRIPPERS!!! ANYWAYS DANITY KANE ARE GREAT PERFORMERS!!! THANKS TO ALL THE HATERS ANYWAYS BECAUSE YALL MAKE THE WORLD GO ROUND>>>MORE CRAP you TALK THE BETTER THEY DO!!!!

Hey

I happen to like DK. They are pretty talented to me. They write a lot of there own music and they can actually sing. But its okay if you hate on them because they need haters. Haters are the ones who actually keep them going, so I am sure they open there arms to all the haters out there.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2