Kanye's Gotta Mop Up Mama's Mortgage

6/26/2008 9:43 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

An Illinois trust company is giving Kanye West an unwelcome reminder of his mom's death -- they're demanding more than $600K to settle the mortgage on her condo.
Read the docs
According to the creditor's claim, Donda owed more than $600,000 plus interest when she died, and now they want to get it back. They've targeted the estate of Donda to get the jack back, and guess who the co-executor is? Kanye.

Donda died last year with, as TMZ reported, less than $250,000 in cash and without a will.

Loser

He never provided his mother with a better life? He raps and says so much about here but never paid off his mothers house? What a creep. When people usually make money the first thing they do is get thier parents their own place. Kayne you are not only ugly and stupid ....You are also cheap! I hope when you feel rain drops on your head....You will think of your mom spitting on you from heaven.

Barb

There's some BS goin' on here. Kanye himself does not have to pay one red cent on his mom's estate/belongings, debtors. That would come from the estate account you have to set up as executor. The bank would take the condo. The only way there would be a difference is if Kanye actually wanted to purchase the condo from his mom's estate. Then he could pay up. Otherwise, probate law doesn't work the way this article suggests. I've done it for my grandmother. Had a doctor try to get money from me. I learned.

Clair the breakfast club prom queen

The only one the bank can sue is the estate. And they can take whatever they need from it to settle mom's debt. However, they cannot legally hold Kanye liable for any remaining debt in his mother's name, unless that mortage has his name on it. This is what happens when a parent dies with debt and no will. I'm just wondering how long it will be before Kanye goes on one of his whiny rants about how this is whitey's conspiracy to bring him down.

CC

#26 Well there ya go

I agree, I don't know what she's thinking sometimes. Her ego has gotten in the way of common sense. Even if people hate Rush Limbaugh, they would actually learn something if they listened to him or Hannity or Beck.

Nobama in '08

Nayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

OMG I just want to smack some sense into u people sometimes! Do any of u really think Kanye let Mama live a poor life? PLEASE! she had plenty of cash just most likely in HIS NAME! Who do u think paid for the surgery that killed her? i mean really people $600,000 is like buying a pack of gum to Kanye. His pitty party aint foolin me!

hoochie mama

ENOUGH WITH THE "WELL THERE YOU GO"
THAT IS SOOOOO PLAYED, NOW !!!!

TMZhires13yearolds

Oh wow! This is some hot stuff! Look half-wits, when someone dies, their estate and whoever is managing their estate is expected to settle up. What did you think? That when someone dies all their debts just go away. Harvey........please, I'm begging you........hire a few adults!

Kat

He can give back the condo. He doesn't need it. That will take care of most of it.

Cheryl

He is a good man. He will do what is right. The mortgage company SUCKS! My mother has been dead for 20 years & I STILL MISS HER.. Mr. WESt'S MOTHER HAS ONLY BEEN DEAD FOR A YEAR? HE'S PROBABLY STILL MOURING his mother...

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3