Verne Troyer Sues TMZ

6/27/2008 10:04 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Verne TroyerVerne Troyer has filed a $20 million lawsuit, claiming TMZ violated his rights by publishing and airing portions of his sex tape.

In the suit, filed Thursday in U.S. District Court in downtown L.A., Troyer claims TMZ violated his privacy rights and infringed on his copyright and trademark by running portions of the tape on TMZ TV and TMZ.com. He also alleges TMZ violated his right of publicity and misappropriated his name and likeness.

Troyer says the tape was stolen and ended up in the hands of Kevin Blatt, the guy who distributed "One Night in Paris." Blatt is also named as a defendant.

In addition to damages, Troyer wants an injunction prohibiting further dissemination of the video.

Calls to TMZ were not returned.

JENSPAL

LMAO I think #5 is having a blonde moment. "Calls to TMZ were not returned" was a joke! Get it? ROFLMAO

Al

....uh, maybe in small claims court?

JENSPAL

Pssssssssssssttt...#13? TMZ would know about the lawsuit this quickly because Verne filed the lawsuit AGAINST TMZ.

Cabo

Just saying "Verne Troyer" and "sex tape" in the same sentence makes me GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGG!

FlBiker

Did he file this in "Small Claims Court" ?

Lara

Oh I hope he wins. That would be so sweet.

Whatever

I want to know how did this guy even knew a tape was even made in the first place??? Seems to me, only 2 people knew it was made and where it was at.

Dev

I think Mini Me should have sued for 1 Biiillliiiion Dollars!!!

sicko Lambert

maybe small but can't f#%^% around with him! Just like they say, "the quietest one, can't..."

ariel

So, if he didnt want the tape to get out- why did he make it?? It got out, and thats his problem, NOT TMZ's.

Stupid people, but you cant be mean to him..he's only like two foot tall. :)

Mrs Butters

Look at me ma,I'm on top of this skank!

EJ76

Oh Please! Get a hold of yourself little man! Dont make a sex tape available--you wont have any issues. No one one wants to see ur 3" member. So its ok u obnoxious little dwarf-deal!

JessBcuz

I'm lovin the "Calls to TMZ were not returned" line!!! LMAO!!! Awww man, hopefully us bloggers dont get sued...for, eh, hhmm...what could I have done wrong....oh hey!.....juss for being grossed out!!!!

Mrs Butters

"are you in yet?"

LOL

LOL this is hilarious doesnt mini me know the founder is a lawyer?!? i mean come on he even says it at the end of the show hes all like "Im a lawyer!" LMAO..this should be interesting for sure..calls not returned haha :] this is AMAZING! why havent more people done this...