"Scrubs" Star To Kid: See Ya Next Weekend!

6/30/2008 3:19 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Victory for a "Scrubs" star today in court -- John C. McGinley won more time with his kid.

McGinley asked the judge for more visitation -- currently he sees his kid every other weekend. His ex, Lauren Lambert, begged to object, claiming it would be traumatic to shuffle their 10-year-old son Max back and forth too much. Max has Down Syndrome.

Lauren broke down in tears after the judge saw it John's way. John will get Max an extra night every other week.

You'll recall, there was a big thing earlier this year. TMZ broke the story that John wanted to slash child support in half during the writer's strike. He backed off after we ran our story.

Michelle

First and I think he should have gotten a break during the strike

Mayu

I'm happy to see he actually fought for more time. And he didn't ask to have his child support stopped, just temporarily lowered due to the fact he was out of work during the strike. How was that wrong?

Good for him!

Zoya

King Beef

I don't get why there was a problem with him wanting to lower the child support for a short period of time while he was out of work during the writer strike. I'm sure she's getting more than enough money from him already. It's not like he was trying to stop paying.

This lady is obviously just a bitch trying to make excuses for John not to be able to spend more time with his son. She should consider herself lucky that he actually WANTS to spend more time with his son. I'm sure a lot of actors with kids that have disabilities would just take off nowadays. God... What a bitch.

val

i am glad... a afther is fightin for more time with his kid... women need to get a grip, let these men take this kids kids! it's an extra break for us. let them assume more responsibility. we complain and then get mad when they try to get more time. i love my girls... but i am glad their dad gets them too.

Brattus Rattus

Sounds to me like she didn't want him to have the kid for an extra day so she wouldn't have to worry about any changes in the financial arena. Sadly, I have known too many women that want the kids at all times so they can get more money.

I hope that isn't the case here.

A child with DS can change and adapt to the surroundings just like any other kid.

carroll cole

deadbeat;

john

scrubs is funny.

morvam

good for him. His son has ALWAYS been his top priority. Hell the reason why he took the Scrubs job was to be with his son and to have a regular schedule.

MommyWhatsADoucheBag?

Yeah, thats what he did! He backed off because TMZ ran thier pathetic half-truth story! Puh-lease !! TMZ get over yourself. Your mentally stunted staff has no direct effect on anything in this world except distorting truth and promoting lies.

Ms_Tell_It_Like_It_Is

It is awesome that he wants to spend more time with his son and Downs Syndrome kids can adapt - most of the ones I have known are pretty gregarious and love to have fun doing different things. The mother is sounding more and more like a greedy bitch and what a shame that the bad Karma she is attracting to herself could affect her son, as well.

Robin

Posted at 2:48PM on Jun 30th 2008 by Zoya
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I don't care how much you dislike a person. The kid does come first and should not have to be uprooted to see a parent. A child with a disability or challenged should be able to stay in their comfort zone for the non custodial parent to visit.

Mrs Joe Jackson

The mother is a pig..and should be ashamed if herself. She sucks rotten eggs like Charlie Sheen's Ex Ho.

Zoya

. 3. I cant beleive the mother, using the old it would be too traumatic to give the father a extra day here or there so he can bond with his son. The kid has down syndromes, hes not an idiot and he knows who his father is. Whats traumatic is the fact she wanted to isolate the kid from his father. One most remmeber she wasnt claiming the father was a bad father just the one more day would be too traumatic. Whats really traumatic is the fact that people treat down syndrome and autistic people like they dont know what the hell is going on.....People with these issues deserve to be treated for what they are HUMAN BEINGS!

Posted at 2:48PM on Jun 30th 2008 by Zoya
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted at 5:57PM on Jun 30th 2008 by Anna

----------------------------------------------------------------

I guess u didnt read the article real well. The child sees his father everyother weekend this has been going on for a extended period of time. All the father was asking for was one extra day..No massive change. In fact whats really traumatic is the fact that a child one day has a father every day and the next he has a father that can only see his child everyother weekend and if he wants more time he has to go to court to get the time. As far as a disabled child staying with in his or her comfort zone I would say that allowing the child more time with a loving parent is fostering a normal relationship that only enhances a disabled childs life. The mothers claim that it would be traumatic was not based in reality otherwise she would of been able to prove that it would be traumatic for that one extra day to occur. However I do have alittle more experiance with this then you do I work with DS and Autistic children and its the misconceptions like yours that make life harder on them and not easier.

?????

I haven't seen/spoken to/communicated with my biological father in over 15 years. I LOVE IT when a father fights to see their children! John's son was best man at his recent wedding; he is involved with lots of Down's syndrome foundations and functions. Too many "dads" cut and run, even from a healthy, "normal" child. I work with lots of DS children and they are very adaptive and happy people. I love Scrubs and this just makes me love Dr. Cox even more! Good for you John!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments