'Lovergirl' Singer

Teena Marie

'Memba Her?!

7/3/2008 2:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

In the early '80s, Teena Marie had a couple of hits with "Lovergirl" and "Square Biz." Guess what she looks like now!

Teena Marie

BabyGirl

First! U-G-L-Y then and NOW!!!

MomV4

"Lovergirl" is one of THEEEE BEST SONGS to dance to anytime, anywhere! It is one of the all-time best dance songs ever made!!! Also, she looks 100 million times better than she ever has, and May God Bless Her. XO

Spell Check.

From Rick James protegee to Dennis James protegee.

jozette wallop

Teena was, and still is, beautiful. HOW do you know if she is ugly? Do you know her personally? Remember that beauty is within. She is a very talented artist. I actually just bought her CD yesterday! I had to have it after hearing one of her songs, (LOVERGIRL) at a club a couple of weekends ago.:)

BJ

I just heard that she passed away today....is this true??

Dianne Grant

sad that such a gifted talented women has left us.. luv yah teena, may u R.I.P babygurl... you're gone, but you will always live on and so will ur music

Javier

Thanks for All the Great songs & memories !!! Teena, you will be missed Greatly.. Rest In Peace our Darling Teena.

peterpam

I'm so blown away to hear of Teena Maries' death. She was one beautiful person with a voice that could never be minic. She was one woman with alot of soul in her heart and she will be missed in the entertainment world. I've been following her music since the 80's. My condolences goes out to her family and friends. I thank god for the time of knowing Teena Marie even if it was through her music.

Shea

She was an orignal. She will be greatly missed.

Aisha

I loved you from the beginning to the end awaiting your next cd to drop. You will be greatly missed by myself and others. Rest in Peace girl. Rick is there waiting for ya!!!

Rita

Of course I 'memba her. She had a lot more than a couple of hits, too. "Ooh La La La", "Irons in the Fire", "Déjà Vu (I've Been Here Before)", "If I Were A Bell", "Aladdin's Lamp", "Portuguese Love", "Casanova Brown", "Young Love", "Sunny Skies", "Dear Lover", "Tune in Tomorrow", "Behind the Grove", "My Dear Mr. Gaye", "We've Got To Stop (Meeting Like This)", "I'm Gonna Have My Cake and Eat it Too", and "Work It" are just some of her solo hits. She also made popular songs with the late Rick James: "Fire and Desire", "Happy", "Teardrops Are Falling From Your Eyes", "You and I", and "I'm Just A Sucker For Your Love". She even released an album in 2009 entitled 'Congo Square' which has a song that she sings with her daughter, Rose LeBeau. The years that she was actively singing and recording were from 1964-2010, so please, TMZ, don't act like she was some one-hit-wonder just because you're not very familiar with her music.

Cool

How very vicious are some of the comments! I am dismayed to see such viciousness posted. It seems to me some major introspection is needed. When I read the tone of these comments, I can't help but think of the tone of political discourse these days, the obsession in this country with violence and guns, the rapaciousness of capitalism (it's me against you 'cause there ain't enough for everyone). Where are the humanitarians, the ones who inspire? In future, keep these kinds of thoughts to yourself and question where you pull such nastiness from.
Teena RIP.