Pregnant Man No Longer Pregnant!

7/3/2008 2:35 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Thomas Beatie -- the 34-year-old former woman turned transgendered pregnant man who went on Oprah -- has given birth to a biological girl.

We're hearing the whole thing was totally cloak and dagger. He checked into the hospital in Bend, Ore. under a fake name after going into labor early Monday morning and his room was sealed off, away from other expectant moms. The baby was delivered by C-section later that day.

Joanne

This person has WOMAN PLUMBING. "He" is really a "she", unless the person goes through a sex change. This situation is really maddening. I hope the child is "home schooled" or she will be teased unmercifully. Poor thing...

blues fan

#190 I am also a schoolteacher in addition to being a foster parent, and I will say it again: what children want, need, and benefit from the most are loving, responsible, dedicated parents. ....my most troubled students, and all of the damaged children I've fostered, have suffered at the hands of so-called "traditional", one-man-one-woman "parents" -- many of whom kept breeding more babies long after it was clear they did not have the mental/emotional capabilities of raising them properly. Thomas and his spouse will explain to their child, when it's time, that they welcomed her into the world through unconventional means for the most conventional and "normal" of reasons: they wanted a child to love and nurture, as do many if not most loving, committed adult couples in our society.

Twinker

Other news sources like MSNBC and abc.com say the birth was not a C-section and Thomas was injected with babysauce in some sort of needle-less syringe they bought a vet supply store.

Open Minded

This person will be the daddy. He is taking testosterone and in his head, HE IS A MAN. I used to think all this was weird until I found out my brother-in-law used to be my sister-in-law. And Yes, like the pregnant man, has only taken testosterone. It doesn't mean he's not a man. Science is sometimes not the only factor, it's what a person believes or every religion on earth would fly out the window.

dunno

so is the birth-parent going to feel maternal or paternal love towards the child? the "wife" of the she-wannabe-man is just as sick in her mind as the half-woman. absolutely sickening. why does the press glorify these things? why not bring out the real flaws in doing this type of thing ?

CC

I feel very sorry for this child. Who will save it? This is SO WRONG. I see the wacked out liberals are once again defending something that is completely warped and wrong, trying to create a new "normal" and "right" for our society. These are the same people who are chipping away at our rights. They think they know better than God, it disgusts me.

Colo.Girl

He was actually a very pretty woman at one time.

Georgia Girl

That picture alone is proof that men should not get pregnant.

Karen

I feel for that kid when she grows up. What a confused "mother" she has. And this so-called man is indeed a woman. In what universe does a man give birth? Not one I am familiar with.

Openminded

Sad to see that so many comments are so negative on this. Talk about closed minded individuals. This child is lucky to be brought into any kind of loving and committed relationship when there are so many kids that aren't. Who's better off? Those kids born to abusive parents or crack addicts simply because they are man and woman or the child from a couple who are honest with who they are and have enough integrity, courage and commitment to tolerate narrow minded ignorant individuals like those of you protesting this. Get a life. Clean up the crap in your own backyards before negating someone else's rights to love and happiness. Love, communication and commitment to your child is what makes them happy and well adjusted, not the particular gender of the parent raising them.

WONK WONK WONK

what a disgrace!

mike

I wonder if he is homosexual and screwed himself

just wondering

does the dad breastfeed?

Twinker

This whole situation provide a dilemma...

Like what kind of gift does someone give a father who has given birth?

A bottle of good scotch and a box of cigars or a bouquet of roses?

just wondering

hahahahaha..good one chicken!!, and would dad get maternity leave benefits?