Send in the Clowns

... Bozo is Dead

7/3/2008 7:56 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0703_bozo_clown_bn_ap-1Larry Harmon, the man credited with making Bozo the Clown the icon he was, died Thursday of congestive heart failure. He was 83.

Harmon wasn't the original Bozo, but built up the character and eventually licensed it to television stations across the country.

perky

I used to love the grand prize game. I'd always yell at the TV when kids missed the 2nd or 3rd bucket and got stuck going home with a pack of Archway cookies.

ef

RIP. Bozo, Ronald McDonald, etc... clowns scare the crap out of me.

Melon Head

Was he the clown that was arrested once for having bodies of young men buried in his backyard??

Melon Head

Fibiker, you are an ASS CLOWN, that was John Wayne Gacy!!!

cypress71

Just when I think I like TMz you go ghetto!

C.C.

R.I.P. Bozo
You will be missed.

GEB

I will miss Bozo The Clown. I really liked that show. I am 23 now. And I rememebr it when I was little. It used to come on in the mornings on the WGN station. THey really do not make them like that anymore. He will be missed. And thanks for the good times and being a class entertainer and role model for children parents and families.

Spell Check.

Cram it Clown!

omg?!?!?!?

bozo was the best damn clown ever.. ya ass clowns!

kathy shifflette

I WAS VERY SAD TO HEAR BOZO DIED, EVERY MORNING WE WOULD WATCH THE BOZO SHOW AND RAY RAYNER SHOW . THEN IT WAS TIME FOR SCHOOL IT WAS SOMETHING WE DID FOR MANY YEARS WHEN WE WERE KIDS. I WAS REALLY SAD WHEN THE SHOW WENT OFF THE AIR, NOW EVEN MORE SAD TO HEAR THAT HE PASSED AWAY. BOZO YOU WILL BE MISSED BY MANY FANS SUCH AS ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pamela Jean

83 Rip Old age! Boze brought many smiles in the world left behind so many of us whom can think back to them good old days when he was the first face we see when the TV came on some early morning day we will see your BEST act iin the big tint in the sky BOZO

auramac

Leave me alone- I still can't get over Clarabell....

dee

#40 - Yes, I remember Chucko the Clown also. He wore a funny little hat that had something spinning around in it. I remeber meeting Bozo when I was about 6 years old (in 1958) It was one of the highlights of my childhood! LOL Why are so many people afraid of clowns? Is it just because of "It"?

niles

my condolensces to the Bozo family.

Mando

I was actually one of the kids on the show that got to throw the balls in the bucket once!

RIP Bozo, he and the original were a huge part of many childhoods!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments