Shooting Outside Hollywood Club

7/6/2008 4:36 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

A man was shot multiple times outside a Hollywood club, and TMZ got shots of the getaway car.

It happened around 2:30 AM this morning, right in the middle of H-Wood -- Ivar and Sunset Blvds. There are multiple clubs nearby, but we don't know where the victim or the perp were before the incident. Our photog was walking to his car when he saw a man fire four or five rounds into another guy. The shooter jumped into a car and sped off and our photog caught the escape on tape.

The perp is Black male and was wearing a hoodie (hood was down). There was a black Hummer next to the escape car and they seemed connected.

The victim is in critical condition. Another man was also shot several times, but his injuries did not appear serious. Both were taken to the hospital.

pop eye

There's nothing TMZ could have done to help this guy except call 911 and wait for the medics to arrive. Unless you know what you doing, touching or trying to move injured people can make it worse. Just leave that to the pros.

leevmynameout

I really can't say I'm surprised. When I read the tag, I already knew the perp was black. Although I hoped not, but it's just not something "hollywood" regulars would do. I almost encourage the stereotypes. At the same token I'm glad these guys will be caught, and I hope they get beat by the L.A. cops. I'm black by the way.

yer mom's soo effin hot!!

How long before they just have routine patrols of 'shot body picker up-ers' driving around these kinda parts of LA? People obviously don't care enough to stop it before it happens, giving the wrong kinds of people in their communities power. And when someone is shot, everyone wants someone else to do something to stop it.

can't believe this

Why are black and white people hate each other? we ASIANs are very respectful familys and would never kill each other..

why do you idots think white men want asian women.. they would rather be an asian than a white or black.

BLACK s and white ansd mexicans GET YOU OUT OF AMERICA NOW!!!

IT'S GREAT TO BE ASIAN...

Mariah

Good point, #15 &17. Took the words right out of my mouth.

????

Whos said all white men want asian women? Delusional much?

Love TMZ

Prayers are being sent up for the shooting victims! And TMZ ~ I, for one, am very happy that your cameraman was able to keep his wits about him during a very stressful time, & videotape the getaway car to help the police. You should be very proud to have him on staff.

Kelli

ASIANS HERE? lol, are you high?

maggie

Why do the people who comment on this website say such nasty things about their fellow citizens? I dont get it. There seems so much pride in America about being American, but when I read comments like most of the above from the people on the street, and just dont see anything worth being proud of. Why are you all so horrible to each other? White this, Black that, Asian the other... You all seem so obsessed with race. Why is this?

I'm Irish. So what's your judgment on me, I wonder?

CAYSE

JUST A LITTLE INFORMATION FOR YOU OUT THERE WHO DIDN'T ALREADY KNOW, THIS IS CONSIDERED WHAT WE CALL A CRIME SCENE. TO HAVE MOVED THE MAN COULD HAVE BEEN TAMPERING WITH A CRIME SCENE. I'M SURE THAT 911 WAS ALREADY CONTACTED. JUST BECAUSE THEY POSTED THIS ONLINE DOESN'T MEAN THEY ARE HEARTLESS, MOST PEOPLE HAVE THE COMMON RXN OF CALLING THE POLICE AND EMS/FIRE FIRST. I'M SURE TMZ FIT INTO THIS CATEGORY, IT COULD OTHERWISE BE ILLEGAL AND I DON'T SEE THE TMZ CAMERAMAN GETTING INTO ANY TROUBLE. THEY WOULD HAVE TAKEN THE CAMERA IF THE PICTURE'S WERE NOT ALLOWED. FOR THE FAMILY BEING CONTACTED BEFORE THEIR PICTURES WERE POSTED AND THE STORY WAS POSTED ON THE INTERNET, DOES THE NEWS CONTACT ONE OR ONE'S FAMILY BEFORE PLACING PICTURES AND INFORMATION ON NATIONAL TELEVISION? THE ANSWER IS NO, THE FAMILY WILL HAVE TO DEAL WITH IT. I'M NOT BEING HATEFUL, IT'S JUST THE TRUTH. I DO PRAY FOR THE VICTIMS AND THEIR FAMILIES AND HOPE THAT THEY CATCH THE FOOL WHO DID THIS.

get a life people

Isn't it against the law to not step in and help when somebody is hurt...The camera guy needs to be charged with something...He just stood there while the man laid there......What a dumbass.......TMZ stepped over the line on this one......

John

"... And that's your daily dose and then some... thanks for getting shot in the Thirty Mile Zone... we'll see ya tomorrow!"

Nayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I think for once TMZ actually did good. And this video belongs to TMZ. They dont have to contact anyone for permission to post it. I think it was rather important for them to keep recording and get some pics of the shooters. Its called EVIDENCE morons! Im pretty sure if TMZ knows both people were taken to the hosp and one is in critical condition theyve TALKED TO THE COPS! Not moving the guy was smart and clearly someone had to have called 911. My God u people need to chill, read and THINK before posting.

thugaroo

The jury is still out on black or Black.

"Black" is more appropriate as a signal of an ethnic designation and denotes respect.

Capitalizing the black in black Hummer is wrong.

Speak

Where is the getaway? I am mostly seeing the victim. It would be nice if this video would help to catch the shooter.