« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Boz's Brawn Rescues Accident Victim

7/7/2008 5:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Brian Bosworth, better known as "the Boz" in his Seattle Seahawks days, can now add saving a life to his resume. Better than his bust of a NFL career!

Winnipeg Free Press reports that the NFL dud assisted in the rescue of a woman who flipped her SUV on the Trans-Canada Highway. Boz was driving along the road and stopped when he saw paramedics attempting the rescue. He jumped in to help when he realized they needed more manpower.

Both the driver and passenger were taken to a local hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

Boz was in the area fishing with his son.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Kelly

whogivesanF you are 100% correct - he did ripoff the Seahawks! NFL washout.

benjamin tony atkins

the BOZ needs far more than mouth-to-mouth
lip service to save his own tarnished career;

he should leave the heavy lifting here to herschel
walker who CARRIED him into the end zone.......

Jim Becker

I agree with all those that feel you should have skipped the disparaging remarks.

TheRaw420

Excellent, when I was a package driver for United Parcel Service I saved a lady's house from burning to the ground,
Ventura county Fire department was happy. I used the fire extinguisher in the UPS truck to hold the flames back.

Wah, wah, wah... I want recognition for my heroism wah.......

Mysty Maples

Another Sooner saying Way to Go Boz! Hell, I didn't even know he was in the Seattle Seahawks.

Black Teef

As we say here in Texas, Bosworth was "all hat & no cattle" in the NFL.

patty

I LOVED BRIAN BOSWORTH WHEN HE WAS A SOONER AND CHEERED HIM ON EVERY GAME..AND i THINK HE WAS/IS A GOOD SOUL AND I COMPLIMENT HIM ON HIS SAVING OF THE VICTIM...HOWEVER, I WAS ALSO A LONG TIME SEATTLE RESIDENT AND SEATTLE SEAHAWK FAN!! ALL OF SEATTLE WAS EXCITED WHEN WE GOT BOSWORTH FROM THE DRAFT..ELEVEN MILLION DOLLAR FOR TEN YEARS!!! AND WE THOUGHT WE HAD GOTTEN THE POT OF GOLD FOR THE SEAHAWKS..BUT TRUST ME, IF YOU CHECK HIS RECORD, HIS "DAYS AS A SEAHAWK" WERE SHORTER THAN SHORTER LIVED..SO DON'T THINK THAT IS AN ACCURATE DESCRIPTION OF HIM..

WELL FROM THE GET GO, THE GUY WAS A PAIN IN THE ASS TO HIS TEAM MATES AS WELL AS THE COACHES..CHUCK KNOW HAD TO HAVE HARD TALKS WITH THE GUY FROM THE GET GOT...HIS BEHAVIOR ALSO DID NOT MAKE HIM A FAVORITE OF HIS TEAM MATES..HE SEEMED TO THINK HE WAS SOMETHING SPECIAL..HE HAD TO GO TO COURT BECAUSE HE HAD TO HAVE HIS NUMBER, WHATEVER IT WAS, FROM WHEN HE WAS A SOOONER...

HE WAS THE WORST MONEY EVERY SPENT BY THE SEAHAWKS..I'M NOT SURE BUT I BELIEVE HE WAS INJURED IN THE FIRST GAME (HIS SHOULDER) AND THAT WAS THE END OF HIS CAREER WITH THE SEAHAWKS BUT HIS CONTRACT LET HIM WALK AWAY WITH BIG TIME BUCKS AND LEAVE THE HAWS HIGH AND DRY..AND AT A FINANCIAL LOSS...TRUST ME, HE HAS LEFT A BAD TASTE IN SEAHAWK'S FANS..

benjamin tony atkins

sweet baby;

time for you to the feel the
bitter taste of a backhand;

turn OFF your caps and
STOP yelling at people......

brad

"We don't need another hero","we don't need someone to show us the way home" .....get it, I think it was one of the songs on Tina Turner's last album.

Lara Kate

First of all, Boz! I was in love with you in high school. There is still a copy of your book on my shelf. It is so nice to know that you are a wonderful, kind person and now a hero. Still cute too!

Second, people! I know nothing about football thus I am not sure if the comments regarding his NFL career are correct or not, but I do know some about life. We all make mistakes. Some people sometimes choose a career and then are not good at it. That does not mean that you should make unkind remarks about them 20 years later. Heaven help us if your lame life was on TMZ. Think of all the fun we could have with you! Box is a hero - period. After all, would you have stopped? And if you did would you have actually been able to be of any help? I am guessing the answer is no!

Add love, not hate.

Cynic

Good for him, but if both the injured had "non-life-threatening injuries", then he didn't really save anyone's life, did he?

Cynic

Oh, and to the person whining about the overweight woman, just shut your ignorant piehole. You're not a medical expert familiar with her case, so you have no idea why she's overweight. Guess what? Not all overweight people are that way because they have their nose in the feedbag all day. Some people have serious metabolic disorders that make losing weight nearly impossible. Not that you care, because you're just looking for a socially acceptable reason to be an a$$hole. Guess what? There is none! So shut the f*ck up!

KellyBrown

This my Co-Worker...she was on her way to see bonjovi with another guy we work with!!! We are all so INCREDIBLY grateful to Boz for helping her out ( not using her name as nobody has yet and i don't think she would want it) To the person that called her fat i think maybe you need to take a closer look at yourself and see what flaws we might find in you if god forbid your in a similar situation... This person ( both of them to be honest) are EXTREMELY genuine and friendly people and are probably more real and compassionate then i am sure you could ever HOPE to be!!!

Some people have absolutely NO sense of when to shut there mouth and keep there childish opinions to themselves

SO GLAD YOUR SAFE GUYS SEE YOU AT WORK SOON

Mariah

brad, jesus that song is like 150 yrs old. On her last album? Maybe if it was a greatest hits one.

rosie

Hey give the guy a break! He did something most people would not do...he got involved! As for his football days, I was never a Seahawks fan but i sure as hell remember Boz boasting how he was going to take Bo Jackson down. I will never forget watching Bo Jackson running for the touchdown with a very shocked Boz seemingly hanging on for dear life unable to take Jackson down. Boz finally fell off or let go and Jackson kept right on going to score!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments