David Lee Roth

Puts Nuts in Mouth

Almost Dies

7/8/2008 7:49 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Van Halen won't have to call Sammy Hagar back quite yet!

Diamond David Lee Roth was reportedly pulled over for speeding in Ontario, Canada last month when officers noticed the rocker was having a medical emergency -- Roth was suffering from a severe allergic reaction to nuts.

An ambulance was called and Roth, a paramedic himself, was taken to a local hospital, where he was treated and released. The officers are being credited with saving Roth's life.

Calls to Roth's reps have not been returned.

Bob

He looks like Joe Pesci.

Jeff

They interviewed the police on TV last night. (CTV SW Ontario) TMZ needs a new fact checker. The police officers themselves said that when the first officer pulled Dave over, Roth himself said that he was having an allergic reaction to nuts and that he needed to go to the hospital. The cops didn't notice anything other than the fact that he was speeding, and looked out of his element in a silk scarf.

Based on what the police said during a videotaped interview, TMZ's report is not how this thing went down. Not that it's the first time TMZ has gotten something wrong or hasn't checked their facts.

frogs and gravel

Even though David comes across as a jerk ( he could be a super kick ass nice guy for all I know ) I think it was
cool that he decided to become an EMT or paramedic when his career was not so hot.

truthhurts

I Love me some David Lee Roth. I remember seeing Van Halen when he was still with them. He hasn't age well, but some could same for me. Anyhoo, glad he's okay. Peanut allergy very serious.

DeepFreeze3

So besides being a singer, songwriter, musician, radio personality, mountain climber and kung fu sage, he's also...a paramedic? Is there anything this guy isn't? This is one talented, funky dude!!! ;-)

DLR rocks!!!

Ryan

This happend 5 minutes from my house out in a little town called Oakland Ontario. Ironically I know the one cop (haist) that pulled him over he use to be my office manager before a cop he called the ambulance for him. He was speeding on his way to the hospital. Here is a link to the video

karen1459

People that make stupid comments about nut allergies, I wish for you to have one allergic reaction to them one time then you won't be so ignorant when you open your mouth. My son almost died because some kid in school rubbed peanut butter on him because his dad said my son was lying. Wise up people and God bless you David.

Hells Kitchen dogwalker

He also smokes pole I hear!

NYC4EVER

my son has a severe allergy to nuts as well. My child almost died from a damn peanut butter sandwich...... David, next time carry your epi-pen. It save lives!

dean corll

it's reassuring to know that diamond d's life revolves the
consumption of too many crushed nuts and NOT arthritis......

kjk

he looks awful, that's not the david lee i remember from the 80's :(

cb

he should know you can't have someones nutts in your mouth while driving...sheesh...lol

Rump

Waldo, glad you are ok! You are still HOT as HELL.......but leave it to TMZ to get the details wrong and to use an old cruddy picture of you!

Saw the Mighty Van Halen in Greensboro in September...they ROCKED OUT!!! Naysayers, kiss it!!

John

Nuts as in peanuts and other similar varieties. I thought at first it was the other kind of nuts, as in balls.

SirGuy

Was he singin' "Somebody Get Me A Doctor?" (an old VH tune for the Van Halen impaired).

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments