Mormons Slam Calendar's Missionary Position

7/10/2008 3:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Who knew a bunch of shirtless Mormon hunks could lead to so much drama?! Don't get your magic underwear in a bunch!
Mormon Docs: Click to read
TMZ has obtained a letter sent to Chad Hardy, the Mormon creator of the steamy Men on a Mission calendar, by the LDS church -- threatening disfellowship or excommunication for "conduct unbecoming a member." Coincidence? Chad thinks not.

Hot Mormons: Click to launchHardy tells TMZ he believes he's being targeted for the 12-monther -- but admits he doesn't attend church meetings or pay his tithing. He also believes his repentance will include closing up shop on the calendar, which he ain't ready to do. Save me Joseph Smith!

For their part the Church refuses to comment on the whole thing, "out of respect for the member himself."

We're guessing they won't like his next idea either -- Mormon Muffins: A Taste of Motherhood.

UPDATE: On July 13, Chad Hardy was officially excommunicated for "conduct unbecoming a member of the church."

Tina

Former mormon told me that the reason mormons don't smoke is because in the olden days, Joseph Smith and his friends would spit on the floors which pissed off his wife. True or not true? About having multiple children my friend told me that Joseph smith was a nympho. And that's how they started adopting the idea of multiple kids.

CountryGirl

Hey Not Bad!

I have stuff in my pantry, I have a first aid kit. I used to help the damn church can apple sauce... 2 years worth. Why, you ask? Because if something happens... gotta have the damn mormons to be the only living people on earth.

My uncle was not able to attend my cousin's wedding because he was not a mormon. His only daughter, and he couldn't give her away. My male cousin berates my Catholic grandma that when she dies, he is going to baptize her mormon.

You idiot's don't keep to your own religion. If that were the case, I would say live and let live. But you are trained to "convert" every human being that you come in contact with. How about you take triple? But not espresso.... that would be a no no.

David

He admits to "not attending church nor paying tithing" and the church is being blasted for his disfellowship? FUNNY!!

I agree with Dobbie

Countrygirl, it's unfortunate that you've had such poor experiences with Mormon's but generalizing and making assumptions won't help anyone, least of all you. I am not a mormon, but thanks for playing...I just have no tolerance for bigots and haters in any way shape or form. Especially when the victim isn't hurting anyone....regardless of their religion. And don't try to say you're not a hater....the venom you spew clearly indicates so....

I agree with Dobbie

P.S. CountryGirl, if you want point the finger at someone why don't you place the blame where it belongs...with your cousins in which their actions have upset you. What they say and do is their personal choice, the mormon religion wasn't standing behind their backs making them be mormon or making them say those things...where's the personal accountability these days? Everyone's so quick to play the blame game.

CountryGirl

I am a believer in letting people live in whatever religion they choose, as long as you don't bother other people. I do not want to be bothered at the grocery store, or the library, or anywhere else... for me to SEE THE TRUTH. You are seriously in some other kind of world sunshine.... I have been to church as a youngster and it is brainwashing and a cult.

But you go ahead and cry "HATER" and "Prejudice" all you want :o) Anyone that has left the church knows what I am talking about :o)

Lilarose

Bryce - I have many Mormon friends because of my interest in genealogy, although I am not a Mormon. They are family-oriented people, they educate both their boys and girls, and they live decent lives (the ones I know). They can also be extremely generous with time and even money, as I have found out.

It is true that the "Mormons" or LDS are NOT NOT NOT the FLDS, Warren Jeff's groups. I just finished two books about the FLDS--so shocking that I could barely eat a meal or sleep for a few days.

The only criticism I might have of the Mormons is that when I stopped for a day in Salt Lake City to learn more about the Mormons, I was not allowed in the most holy places. I think this goes against Christ's teachings in some respects. No one should HAVE to become a "member" of any organized religious affiliation to participate fully in Christ's church and in His presence. No secret places, no secret ceremonies and practices, no secrets, period.

BTW, I am an agnostic and feel a wonderful freedom to explore any and all religions as I choose. I have even lived in a convent! With the sisters!

darcy

I want to know where the gold's at!!!!!!!!

I agree with Dobbie

Oh Countrygirl, there you go with your assumptions again, assuming I know nothing about the Mormon religion...silly girl. I was raised Mormon but left on my own accord and have since been actively seeking out and learning about other religions. They are not brainwashers...as with any religion, they teach what they believe. You can choose to believe it or not, every religion has a dark history, personal interpretation of the bible, beliefs, etc. But many have a lot in common, such as no premarital sex and a tithe. I personally have never been approached anywhere in public and I do understand that the door to door stuff can be irritating (Mormon's aren't the only ones who go door to door) and I personally never pushed Mormonism or believed in pushing it on to others so I can understand that irritating aspect of it. But unless they were asking you to slaughter animals and drink their blood I really can't agree with you on the whole cult thing.

GettinOverIt

All those people crying at the "haters" of religion and the Mormon "church" don't realize how damaging this CULT is. I was born and bred in the so-called LDS religion and resigned after 40 years when finally coming to terms with how damaging this invented doctrine is. Mormons are sheep and won't allow themselves to investigate the whole story of the church for fear of retribution and excommunication, like this guy is dealing with.

Mamas, don't let your babies grow up to be slut-whores

"why the hell does everyone Mormon stockpile 2 years worth of non-perishable food in their basement, in case the apocalypse happens?"

This is mainly done so that they won't have to be a burden to society in the event of a job loss or other personal issue, as well as preparation for a natural catastrophe due to weather, earthquakes, etc.

I thinks self reliance is a refreshing attitude and one that is too seldom seen in this country. Most would prefer to sit on their fat behinds, whine and suck money off the state welfare system. I have to assume that you are in that camp as well.

Remember the whining from the people who were too lazy to leave New Orleans before Katrina? Remember how they blamed everyone but themselves for their lack of preparation? If NO were a city inhabited by a majority of Saints, instead of a city inhabited by a majority of welfare leeches, it would be rebuilt and thriving by now and with very little outside support necessary along the way.

My experience as a Gentile who once lived in the thick of Zion showed me that the people who dislike members of the LDS church are usually people who have failed at life and dislike success in general.

Mamas, don't let your babies grow up to be slut-whores

"My male cousin berates my Catholic grandma that when she dies, he is going to baptize her mormon."

I do know you are too slow to do some research so that you understand the concept of baptism for the dead. if you had, you would understand that joining the church is still a choice, even in the afterlife.

Anita

The Mormon church encourages stock piling because it does not wan to take care of its members in an emergency.

For those of you who have paid tithes for many years, it will be a rude awakening to realize that the church won't help you.

And by the way, stockpiling by the Mormon church shows a serious lack of faith in the sustatining power of their god.

In other words, the leaders know it's a fraud.

Anita

A reference to Paris Hilton on this thread?

Well. Well.
Now we know who the nutcases are that write all the crazy sh*t about her on TMZ.
It's Mormons of course!
People who can't handle their own sexuality just love to preach morality to others.

Especially Mormons, whose founder was a megalomaniac with delusions of grandeur who could not keep his iron rod in his pants.

Spare US your preaching while wearing your clown panties, you weirdos.

Gadzuke

"This tells me one of two things. Either you are a liar or you aren't too bright. Or maybe both?"

Feeling a little "Holier than thou" are we? You're not the first person to post on here claiming to be a disinterested observer with more than a little inside knowledge and an agenda to apologize for the church. I'd like to say most Mormons aren't as self-righteous as you, but sadly, many of them are. Certainly not all. Some of my favorite people are Mormons. But the fact is that the church promotes an "us-vs-them" attitude, which creates this paradigm. You believe that you have the fullness of truth, thus, by contrast, everyone else is lost in the mists of darkness. Welcome to reality- I know all the "truth" you know and then some. A Mormon's worst enemy is a well-informed ex-Mormon, because they know that their thought-stopping arguments are useless against them. I'm not an ex-Mormon yet, but I'm well on my way. When you are raised in a cult environment, extraction is painful and life-altering. I'll be lucky if my Mormon friends and family will so much as talk to me after I leave the church. Many people lose their jobs after leaving. I will be ostracized from the only life I've ever known simply because I have too much integrity to pretend that I believe something that I now know isn't true. Tell me again, why am I a "hater"?