Martin Luther King's Bad Dream

7/11/2008 11:42 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

His dream was that one day his children would be judged by the content of their character. Now, two of Martin Luther King, Jr's children say the character of one of their siblings sucks.

Bernice King and Martin Luther King III are suing Dexter King, alleging he took "substantial funds" from the Estate of Coretta Scott King and put them in his personal piggy bank for his own use. They're crying fraud.

Bernice and Martin III have demanded a jury trial in Fulton County, Georgia.

Coretta died in 2006. The Kings had four children. Yolanda died last year. So the three surviving kids are fighting over money.

By the way, Bernice and Martin III are being repped by Johnny Cochran's law firm. The late J.C. was also one of the biggest civil rights forces in the U.S. of A.

laff234

Martin Luther King was just a man and some of you people judge him like he was the messiah or something. What he did in his personal life is none of my concern, and should not discredit the good he did do that changed history.

Tangie

Suzieva---You're just a bitch.

suzieva

At least I can spell and I'm educated. And what some of these people have to say about MLK is a bunch of crap too. What's wrong? You have trouble with the big words?

Reality

"Dr" King didn't even write his own doctoral thesis, he stole that too.

Tangie

Somehow I doubt that.

Anti_Ignorance

@Pfffft

Typical white liberal and simpleton.

Yes, I see the many posters defending him. Hmmmm not your name though. Nothing. Not even to help "defend" against the racist trash spewed that needed "defending" in the first place, but a last you did chime in...to scold moi. Surprising. *rolls eyes*

One more thing. I came in at # 25. "Crap" was already written, but you wouldn't notice that. Just like you didn't notice your white brethren and TMZ trying to clown Mr King. Nope...all you cared to notice and subsequently comment on was me. Get out of my facial ok?

Have a lovely day.

Peace Be Still

Suzvia,
Doctoral canidates write disertations and thesis are written for masters. I know because I have two masters and I am currently working on my final year of my doctorate. You see the difference in the post by educated people who recognize the value of Dr. King and the civil rights movements. Yes, I am an African American and I lived through the Jim Crow days so go and find a Jeff Foxworthy type to appreciate your ignorant ways and lack of knowledge.

Anti_Ignorance

@ Fraud,

He "stole" just like your people stole this country? Who committed the worser offense???? LMAO. Too easy.

Tangie

Anti Igonarance....you are such a silly twit! LOL

laff234

"Dr" King didn't even write his own doctoral thesis, he stole that too. "

He did write his thesis, he just didn't cite his SOURCES.

"King included in his dissertation a good ideal of material taken verbatim from a variety of other sources without proper attribution, an act that constitutes plagiarism by reasonable academic standards." -Snopes

suzieva

I didn't post anything about any dissertations or thesis. No clue what you are talking about. Yea…that’s educated all right. Thanks for making my point. And anti_ignorance needs to take their meds.

Tangie

Suzieva, Certainly a self-proclaimed "educated speller" such as yourself has better things to do than come to a gossip site to scold a 19 year olds spelling! And isn't that your post earlier saying naming streets after King was ridiculous? You make no sense my dear, and nobody is buying you are intelligent!

wheeljc

Beware parents!! This is what happens when your little snow flakes grow up after NOT BEING REQUIRED TO WORK, and develop selfishness and greed as life long skills.

suzieva

If it doesn't make sense to you, that is a compliment to me and certianly no big surprise. And I didnt "scold" anyone's spelling. I pointed out that their grasp of English was poor. At 19, one might expect someone would know the difference between bored and board. Just sayin....

Some uptight people...

Anti_Ignorance

Let's make a new declaration. All who've stepped out on their SOs should never receive recognition for their GOOD deeds. No faces on dollars bills, No schools named after them. No streets etc. Oops might wanna rethink that concept. Money would be faceless. Schools would be nameless and I wouldn't know which street I were standing on. ROTFLMAO.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments