Celeb Limo Co. Ready to Roll ... Cameras

7/12/2008 5:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

One of the biggest limo companies in New York City videotapes its celeb passengers -- including, we're told, Britney Spears -- and they've got hours of tapes of stuff those celebs probably wouldn't want you to see.

Our spies say the wife of a driver who was recently fired has called around to some of her hubby's famous clients, blowing the whistle. We hear some of those celebs are, in a word, outraged.

Ready to Roll acknowledges the taping to TMZ, but claims a light goes on when the camera rolls. And, of course, after a six-hour flight, everyone's looking for a little light.

Now here's the really scary part. The company wouldn't say if it records audio as well. Think about those phone calls, all you celebs.

The company wouldn't discuss the fired driver, saying that it's a "legal matter." The owner of the company tells TMZ that the allegation is "untrue."

A friend

I'm a regular limo rider. I can understand their feelings of loss of privacy. Who would want their pictures shown after a long flight? But, this is real life and those who perform get tired just like all the rest of us do. Let's not be too critical here because it could be you next time...or me for that matter and I know I try to look my best but it doesn't always turn out that way when I'm tired.

noyankhere

OUCH!!! CELEB LIMOGATE !!

noyankhere

isnt it against the law or something?. didnt that private plan company do the same thing with wacko jacko..?.

Thomas

Can you say..."chapter 11?"

Rhonda

Wow TMZ make friends with those guys fast. If they are going down, might just as well be "bigtime" Honestly, I do think it's wrong, but in today's world do any of us have a real expectation of privacy. I don't even use dressing rooms anymore and I'm a nobody!

Michelle

Famous or not people need there privacy , So what we see them on T.V or Mtv who cares , there is a limit and this is it.
Give me a freaking break " Fare Jumpers" No freaking way the only thing people see is $$$$$ and it's bull .

beachy

Think how much fun it would be to see what some of these kooks do? I'm lovin' it!

Melissa

So when will TMZ be posting those private calls and photos?

me

I have used RTR and their claim of using the tapes to prevent fair jumpers is false. I know this because you MUST pay (and even tip) in advance. It costs hundreds of dollars (if not more depending on your dewtination) to use RTR and celebrities can not be bothered with paying cash tipping etc... after a long flight. They are full of it by saying it is a precaution to prevent someone not paying. As I said, they even make you tip in advance (before they even come to pick you up)....

Obama Hussein Barak is the Anti-Christ

How can posters say this isn't wrong? Just because people are celebrities, does NOT mean they are fair game 24/7 no holds barred so websites like this can profit. Sure, being a celebrity comes with knowing that you will be in the spotlight and subject to media scruitny but if you are PAYING for a PRIVATE service (like a limo service), you should expect privacy unless otherwise notified - that goes for everyone - not just celebs. If a celeb is walking on a public sidewalk or shopping in a public store, fair game. Paying for a private service - not fair game. Glad this came out.

Top Cat

Why? The publics addiction to movie stars is worst than a crack addict. From "People" to "TMZ" we're being duped while the real problems aren't being solved. I bet more people know who "Cher" is dating than T Boone Pickans solution to solve or energy problems. Let's hope the limo company is sued into bankrupcy and people become more interested in science than Brittney's coochie.

Rhonda

#10 do you expect privacy in a cab, on a plane, on a train, I don't, I think its wrong, but NONE of us should expect privacy anymore.

bob

DO OTHER SUV COMPANIES IN LOS ANGELES AND HOLLYWOOD USE CAMERAS TOO,

otis toole

ready to roll;

how ironically appropriate for a
" production " company on wheels......

dee

What next? Videotaping their hotel room activities to prevent them from skipping out on their bill?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments