Celeb Limo Co. Ready to Roll ... Cameras

7/12/2008 5:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

One of the biggest limo companies in New York City videotapes its celeb passengers -- including, we're told, Britney Spears -- and they've got hours of tapes of stuff those celebs probably wouldn't want you to see.

Our spies say the wife of a driver who was recently fired has called around to some of her hubby's famous clients, blowing the whistle. We hear some of those celebs are, in a word, outraged.

Ready to Roll acknowledges the taping to TMZ, but claims a light goes on when the camera rolls. And, of course, after a six-hour flight, everyone's looking for a little light.

Now here's the really scary part. The company wouldn't say if it records audio as well. Think about those phone calls, all you celebs.

The company wouldn't discuss the fired driver, saying that it's a "legal matter." The owner of the company tells TMZ that the allegation is "untrue."

whatever

I would say Ready to Roll is gonna be Ready for bankruptcy. I have rented limos for proms, weddings, etc. and they get your credit card and information up front. 90% of the time they are picking you up and bringing you back to your home. NEVER have I seen a camera in the vehicle. I will now be asking if they are filming. As for the conversation in the limo as far as I am concerned once the privacy window is up the conversation I have may it be on the phone or with someone is private. Think about how many brokers and CEO's have had business conversations in the back of a limo;.... is this information being used by the limo company? These people are no better than the Stalkerazzi and I hope that the New York State Atttoney investigates this one. I think the celebs or anyone else that has hired this company may want to see if its in the agreement that they can record conversations and film.

Obama Hussein Barak is the Anti-Christ

15. #10 do you expect privacy in a cab, on a plane, on a train, I don't, I think its wrong, but NONE of us should expect privacy anymore.

Posted at 12:58PM on Jul 12th 2008 by Rhonda

Rhonda,

Do you expect privacy in a hotel room or do you expect to videdtaped there as well? How about in a public rest room in the stall? Again, you should expect privacy in a cab or limo unless you have agreed to share the vehicle with a videographer or pap...as for a plane, bus, train, then obviously privacy cannot be guaranteed. You won't even try on clothes in a dressing room b/c you feel you may be being videotaped. Isn't that a little strange that you are on the limo company's side? So bascially, you are saying that you expect and are ok with being videotaped in any area outside of your own home ~~ or is that ok also? I don't get it.

frogs and gravel

privacy. The only exceptions are your house, a bathroom and a motel room. I know it sucks, but from what I
understand that is the way it is. If you are on a mountain top in a National Park ,guess what, it is a "Public Place"
a fishing boat, a hospital emergency room, spelunking in a cave, etc. you get the idea. All "Public Places".

Rhonda

Terry

Guess ya need a private security sweeper team traveling with ya now days.

I bet limo comapany's are busy getting rid of alot of cameras through out the land tonight lol, hey driver what's that wire hanging down for?

In reality this sneeky act makes me very angry.

Terry

24. So let me get this right,you people are mad at the limo company,but have no problem with tmz who hire stalkers to follow celebs every,and i mean every,move?????

Posted at 4:00PM on Jul 12th 2008 by ^^^^^^^^^^

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't have a problem with the celebrity's TMZs "stalks" as you say, because they go to well known celebrity hangouts and areas where the celebritys KNOW they will be "stalked"! out in the open, no sneaking around necessary!
That is very different then someone hiding the fact they are taping/filming !

Don't believe everything you read!!!!!!

Everything posted on this website about Ready to Roll is completely false!

Olivia

I find it surprising that your only source of the original story is the wife of a fired employee and now your more recent story indicates that this employee was recently arrested. Nice reference. If these cameras are commonly used in limos, are there for a specific purpose, and are in plain view to the passengers, then there is no secret. Has this limo company ever released or sold any video? Did you even check? You offer no proof of anything being done by this company to violate the privacy of their passengers. I think the people who should be concerned about legal matters are those insinuating that this company has done something unprofessional yet provide no information that there has been a violation of privacy. Your reporting is so unprofessional.

Sandra martinez

Ready to roll, have really good looking drivers in LA!!!! AND FUNNY TOO.

Sandra martinez

Ready to roll have really good looking drivers in LA!!!!! & FUNNY TOO.

Mariah

Well put, 31 and 32. Don't aid and abet terrorists or hard core criminals and you won't be targeted by the government. As if the government is actually looking at you or me or the average Joe. As if they have the time.

Obama Hussein Barak is the Anti-Christ

36. #35 (TMZ) Unfortunately, I believe almost anywhere is considered a "public place" with no expectations of

Posted at 10:25PM on Jul 12th 2008 by noiseslug

37. #35 First, I didn't say it was right, Second, I said I didn't have any expectations of privacy in a plane, cab or train. That a stretch to go to hotel rooms and bathroom stalls. You could become quite paranoid with thinking like that.

Posted at 10:54PM on Jul 12th 2008 by Rhonda

AGAIN, if you PAY for a service and that service is video (and audio?) taping you) and then SELLING the info to the rags, you think that is ok??? Very strange thinking there. That logic would be the same as you PAY your cleaning service to clean your home and they can video or audio anything they want and then sell it for a profit. I'm sorry, but if you have paid for a limo ride, the inside of the limo is NOT public space.

Professional Dispatcher

This is completely ridiculous!! Why would Ready to Roll tape any of their A-list clients? It's obvious none of these so called videos have ever been released. Do you think it's for their own viewing pleasure? or even better don't you think these videos would have been shown on TMZ by now? Come on people lets use common sense!!! The camera in the vehicles are from a company called "Drive Cam" that only records for 10 seconds before & 10 seconds after the point of collision. Ready to Roll is a very reputable company that makes its service & clients privacy priority. This driver is obviously a lazy, miserable & disgruntal employee who is seeking revenge for being terminated.

southernyankee

#29 you are in denial. Your government is watching what you say online. Why is your president so afraid of the FISA bill being counted out. He wants to give the Telecom immunity. If you don't think your government isn't listen to you on your calls you are really a smuck. They have more satetelights out in space to do more spying on us all. Look around your city. There is a lot of cameras and your privacy is being invaded. They can see where you live up close with new cameras that can peer through your home. I love my country. I love my privacy too. Can't you see your freedoms are being taken away from you everyday. It doesn't mean you have to be a liberal. Look at Bob Barr who is a extreme conservative. He is totally against the FISA bill. He voted for Bush but he is more concerned about our freedoms.

She looks like hell

I'm not surprised at all that this has taken place. I'm far from being a celebrity but I think that anyone riding in a limo expects a certain amount of decorum and privacy. I don't care if you are the poorest or the richest, there are lots of things we do when we think we are alone. We bite our nails, we scratch/pick our nose, adjust our pantyhose, fix our bra, maybe in a limo one might have a hot makeout session; a boob might come out or a little blow before the restaurant? We don't have the right to see those things but if they were posted, millions would watch. It's not fair to those people in the limo, especially if audio recorded their private conversations. Regardless of how rich or high profile they are, they are human beings and deserve decent treatment.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments