« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Cops Say Jackson Went On Rampage

7/15/2008 7:48 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Former UFC light heavyweight champ Quinton "Rampage" Jackson got busted just minutes ago, and is currently in custody on the way to the clink -- but not before he was ordered to the ground, cops nearby with guns drawn.

Law enforcement sources tell us, Rampage was in a car crash near Newport Beach (that's near Laguna Beach in the O.C.) and then split the scene. Cops gave chase and eventually caught up and charged him with felony hit and run and felony evading arrest.

Here's the deal about the dumbest hit and run ever. Notice the truck he tried evading police in -- the one with the giant picture of him plastered on the side!

We're told there could be additional charges. No word yet on whether Rampage resisted arrest.

Bad week. He got his ass handed to him last week (courtesy of Forrest Griffin) and just got it handed to him again.

Story developing ...

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

richard angelo

defendant please rise !

my2cents

Another one bites the dust!!!

anokie

Dang it officer.Can't you see this here truck just runned over me and now you pull a weapon on me. I could be Jesse Jackson's brother.I be just laying here on the black top.

anokie

Don't shoot officer. I promise I wont vote for Obama

Rico

Another one? Another what?

Jeff

It's not my truck officer, it's my cousins.

anokie

That aint my picture on the side of the truck. You know how we all look alike.This be racial profiling. Pull a gun on someone for hit and running.Get off the donuts and chase him down,

harvey levin,"im a lawyer"

you can blame the guy. it's not like he's a graduate of a university. he's a fighter!!! that's all he knows. so you can't blame him when he hit and runs and his face happens to be plastered on the side of his massive truck!!

Hmm

Too bad this ISN'T exclusive. TMZ stole these pics.

Kobe

All I see is a big TMZ logo on every picture... do you really need to make the water mark that dark? Stop being so paranoid, no one will steal these pictures!

Kelly

God, I hope that isn't the 55 - that will kill my commute! What an idiot!

josh

WTF!! Rampage may have the money but it's his natural instinct to run. He was born with it. He can't help it.....FREE RAMPAGE!!! SO FORREST CAN WHOOP HIS ASS AGAIN !!!!

richard angelo

run forrest run !

griffin ran a rampage all OVER this
brother like a slave without a master.....

PM

What was he "ordering on the ground" a Mojohito?

Brattus Rattus

What the hell is wrong with all you racists? What a sad world this is. Especially since racism is TAUGHT.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments