Keisha Castle-Hughes: Jamie Lynn's Role Model

7/15/2008 2:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Not many people can say they've been nominated for an Academy Award and gotten knocked up by the time they are 16 -- but Keisha Castle-Hughes can!

Now 18, the "Whale Rider" turned unwed mom and her 14-month-old daughter strolled through Auckland, New Zealand on Tuesday.

If only Jamie Lynn could win an Oscar for "Zoey 101."

Liza

I thought she was engaged, soon after her and her fiance announced her pregnancy. Hmmm.

bethany

Pity the poor children that these selfish girls who want to play "dolls" bring into the world.

Children of teenage parents suffer terribly, and often end up just repeating the cycle.

OCD

Just curious, but I saw nary a mention of "bastard" or any of the plethora of names you call Jaime Lynn Spears when speaking of this young woman. I wonder if she also has diet Coke in her 'fridge.

Lucy

these young women could have had abortions but were brave enough to be a parent, there's something to be said for that

richard angelo

they sure start hitting the
bottle early down under.....

i hate hollywood

TMZ, WHY WOULD YOU EVER EVEN SUGGEST THAT JLS WIN AN OSCAR FOR HER HORRIBLE ACTING????????

Spaz

Who?

Mary

#2, don't be so quick to judge. I was a teenage mom, and my daughter who is 19 now, turned out just fine. It all depends on the kind of person you are. Now, if Lindsay Lohan would've gotten pregnant at 16 or 17, then I don't think she would've made a good mom. Keisha seems like a young woman with a good head on her shoulders, and I'm sure she's a great mom to that baby. But...I'm not judging.

Ice Water

Whale Rider is one of the most beautiful movies ever made....no joke. It's phenomenal!

Mookie

Tell these little girls to keep their PANTIES pulled up and their LEGS TOGETHER!!!

Kids having kids ain't the way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Muzzy

The Unwed Mother terminology is stale TMZ. Plz pull yourselves out of the Victorian Era and welcome the 21st century.

R.Zimmerman

You're right. TMZ is so ill equiped to speak in relevant language. After all, a stupid, irresponsible slut should rightfully and directly be called just that: a stupid, irresponsible slut. Hope that brings us up to date!

Kim

Can I just say, It is so old to tack on "unwed mother". Get over it people, it happens, move on.

Kim

R.Zimmerman

14. You are exactly right # 12. I left my sons father because he beat the sh&% out of me. I am an unwed mother. So I guess that makes me a stupid irresponsible slut. Now I guess things are up to date..... Jerk

Posted at 4:06PM on Jul 15th 2008 by Kim

****************************************************************************************************************************************
How nice you prove my point!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments