« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Rampage Pre-Rampage: I'm Fat and Messed Up

7/16/2008 12:35 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Just 24 hours before the worst day of his life, a babbling Quinton "Rampage" Jackson revealed that he had been battling depression, injuries and fat issues before he took his monster truck on the drive from hell.

Throughout the entire MMA Throwdown interview, Rampage's ramblings paint the picture of a guy who just ain't right.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

LauryT

That man is totally doped up on SOMETHNG! I've never heard people who weren't mentally impaired ramble like that, and the body language confirms it.

Thank heavens no one was hurt when he went off.

lol

Damn, how hard did Forrest hit this guy?

Black Teef

Hmmphf...either Quinton's taken too many shots to the melon or too many hits from the bong or perhaps a combination of both. I speculate it's the latter.

tiredofthecrap

leave the man alone. he made a mistake; granted a big one. he's a good man with a big heart and a love for people. just let him get better

robyn lozano

I AGREE, LEAVE THE MAN ALONE. I THINK THE PEOPLE WHO ARE ASSUMING ALL THE WRONG THINGS, KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THE MAN! I AM A HUGE FAN AND I THINK HE IS A SWEETHEART WHO IS OBVIOUSLY LOSING A BATTLE WITH INNER DEMONS. EVERYONE HAS THEM, SOME JUST JUST DO NOT KNOW HOW TO COPE. I WISH RAMPAGE THE BEST AND HOPE HE GETS THE HELP HE NEEDS! MUCH LOVE TO THE MAN!

Hoog

Quinton has always spoken with a stammer/stutter. But he you can hear the depression or something (bi-polar perhaps), coming out while he's speaking.

He always came off as a good guy, and I doubt its a drug problem, but more of a mental breakdown on his part. If fact I believe there was a report that he was on a medical hold, but no drugs or alcohol was found in his system.

J

So sad, I feel so bad for him. I hope things turn around and he gets the help he needs.

Danny

He seems like a nice guy. He hot his "ass wooped" twice now. I think he gets nicer with every "ass whoopin".

Misty B

Ok, I love, LOVE Rampage. He's been through a lot. He's a great fighter. Fame messes alot of people up. Unfortunatley he had some bad rounds. He's still a great fighter. A lot of people get depressed, I have certainly had my share of the monster. He's got a lot of pressure on him and imagine being at the top of your game and losing it all. I just hope he gets some help before he gets too far into depression. RAMPAGE we love you and are still fans no matter what happens. You are a real person and people sometimes forget that. Don't worry about what the media says or does and forget all the negativity. Get back in shape, focus and move forward!

Okg

I'm glad I got to see this TMZ. I always hear about TMZ being terrible. But at least this proves Rampage was really having serious emotional problems before he went off the deep end. He's a good guy. He's always trying to be fun for everyone else which is totally the opposite of our culture.

Shawn Balcorta

I think that Rampage just has a heart for GOD and has having his battles with the Enemy and God has showed him where his purpose is going to be. He is a warrior for GOD and his opponents should be scared!!

David

I agree with people who stick up for Rampage. He has a huge heart and is born again Christian. God tests us everyday and Rampage is going through a very tough test right now. But I promise everyone here, he will pass the test because his Faith is authentic, and his heart is true. But people need to let HIM pay for HIS own mistakes and give him a break.

Jessica

If he was really having some kind of breakdown then I feel sorry for him. But we all know that this will be the last we hear about this particular incident. Like all people with money (famous or not) he'll maybe get community service and a fine.