« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Bad Tipping Takes the Air Out of Jordan

7/18/2008 1:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Jordan is worth about $400 million, but he doesn't use a dime of that to tip on his bill at a popular Vegas nightclub. Still wanna be like Mike?

Sources tell us MJ frequently visits a very upscale Vegas hotspot and gets comped more often than not. But even with the free bubbly, MJ isn't opening up his wallet. Nike must not pay what it used to!

For his part, Air Jordan shelled out $168 mil for his divorce from Juanita. And apparently he's trying to get that money back, one abandoned tip at a time!

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

henry

34. Ever think that they already get a paycheck so why should people have to tip???????? It's their job to serve the people at thier tables, booths, Bas etc... and they expect tips. Typical attitude of the wait staff.

Posted at 2:30PM on Jul 18th 2008 by Architect

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You help to prove how having a bachelors degree still doesn't prove that you are intelligent and that even stupid, ignorant people can graduate from college. If you were so smart you would know that on average a waiter/waitress get paid like 3.25 a hour plus tips which they are suppose to receive to add into their hourly wage. Why wouldn't you tip them? Would you be happy having to wait on rude, fat, slobs like yourself for 3.25 a hour.

denese

we all need to stop buying there products thats why his kids suck at bball and he has to sit there watch

Not a Fan

I worked at a Hyatt in the late '90's. His than wife was flown in on a private plane and she proceeded to "stiff " everyone in the hotel. It runs in the family. Hopefully, it's not genetic.

wayne matthews

mj,
karma is going to be a bitch for him. He's daughter is going to get treated the same way he treats women. It is a black thing, he's father is rolling over in his grave. I used to admire this man but everybody knows what kind of man he is. Never has even gave back to the inner city. But black people still worship him.

The Work Place Sucks!

Sorry, haven't had my lithiuim yet, so ignore my earlier post's. Actually I never had to work for a living, so I am rude and obnoxious, lmao.

DJ Architect

DJ Architect

#49 .. you must really be jealous of me. Now you are posting comments in my name. HAHAHA.. Get a job looser. I have busted my butt to get to the point I am in life. Unlike you sitting on welfare your entire life. SUCKS TO BE YOU !!!!

The Work Place Sucks!

I am ignorant just ignore me, I don't know what the heck I was thinking. I never worked for an honest paycheck in my life, so I never tip, cause I am generally a cheapskate. My friends alway's say they are embarrassed when they go with me to a restaurant, but hey wtf, it's my money, right.?

Rico

Lets leave race out of it! It has nothing to do with race. As a waitor for many years, people of all races stiff waitors on tips. We really got stiffed by Filipinos, Chinese, and Jews!!!

The Work Place Sucks!

#48,#49, why are you trying to be like me, I am the greatest most narcissistic SOB, you will ever meet, and that's the way I like it. I would never tip a waiter/waitress, cause I think they are the slaves of the population, therefore they should look for better work, like I did and become an architect. Waitresses make there bed so they should lie in it.

The Work Place Sucks!

I think MJ is so sexy in this pic, I wonder if he would ever go out with me,but does anyone know if he likes MEN?

The Work Place Sucks!

THEY HAVE THAT WHOLE VICTIM THING GOING.

alreadybad

I'm wondering, like the other poster, just WHAT has Michael eaten on his return visits to these restaurants? Maybe he thought it was a peppercorn.

Stephanie

I waited on Jordan and several of his friends (and strippers he brought over from a nearby strip-club) in a VIP room at a popular nightclub...the first 3 bottles were comped ($600) but his party still ran up a $670 tab...and I got a $30 tip!!!!! I waited on them for over 4 hours and got a $30 tip (it should have been minimum 20% gratuity, but my manager removed it 'cause it was Michael Jordan)...when he came back the next night and requested me as his server again I politely refused and told him that I didn't appreciate my crappy tip from the night before: his excuse "I thought my friends were going to tip you." His friend, Charles Oakley, gave me $100 to make up for it, but I wouldn't wait on them again...So if Michael Jordan comes into where you work, send the bill to his friend Charles Oakley - he's the nice & generous one of the group!

henry

48. #45 .. Unfortunately I can tell you have no education and are just jealous that I have graduated from college. You probably never made it out of the 6th grade. I do tip when I go out and the service is worth it. Bet you are pissed off because you suck as a waiter and don't get any tips. Oh sorry you are on welfare and food stamps. Probaly here illegally cleaning toilets and throw up.

Posted at 4:57PM on Jul 18th 2008 by Architect
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
Actually I have graduated from college and graduate school so I guess I have one up on you since you can apparently only get a bachelors degree and I have a Masters. I don’t even know if I should bother talking to an ignorant person like you, because since you are lower then me with your pathetic, simple bachelors degree I am better then you and shouldn’t bother talking you. And I do enjoy that you inferior issues with the general society and public because you are probably a true fat, slob, single, lonely, ugly loser resorts to you having to rip on everyone being on welfare and being illegal. I think people on welfare or illegal immigrants are probably higher on the totem pole then your ignorant self, plus they probably have the benefit of when they wake up in the morning they don’t have to look at their ugly, obese bodies in the morning like you. LOL BACHELORS DEGREE WHAT A LOSER!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments