Graziano's Struggles Are Lifelong

7/19/2008 3:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

John Gaziano and Nick HoganJohn Graziano finally will be able to receive reconstructive cranialplasty surgery to replace the hole in his head -- now that the swelling has lessened enough for doctors to operate.

It has now been close to a year since the damaging car accident with Nick Hogan -- and John remains in a permanent state of hospital care.

The life of John Graziano has been permanently altered, and the Marine Corps Times tells of the struggles that Graziano now faces day to day ... a struggle that has been overshadowed by the Hogan family and their continuous drama.

Nick Hogan only thinks he has it bad.

tennessee

Last Laugh - The Military has laws to deal with their own - sometimes those laws are tougher than state. I don't believe that anyone will ever know all the facts about this terrible situation (ie. where the alcohol came from, who prompted who to race, why John was in the car with Nick...). The fact remains, one man is alive, in jail, talking about a reality show and saying his "friend"/passenger was a "downer" while the so called "friend" lies lifeless while relieving themself in a diaper. Your final comment implies I support degenerate Marines. On the contrary, I believe Marines that are degenerates should be prosecuted, I do not believe they should receive labotamies.

twistedsis

TO ME NICK HOGAN IS A BIG BABY HE'S ONLY GOT CELEBRITY STATUS BECAUSE OF HIS DADDY & NOW HIS SLUTTY SISTER ,THAT'S THE ONLY REASON THOSE KIDS GET AWAY WITH THE STUFF THEY DO.THINK ABOUT IT CELEBS GET AWAY WITH ANYTING BECAUSE THEY GOT MONEY.HULK SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF HIS KID BUT HE NEEDS THE PUBLICITY.

ordinary citizen that is held accountable for his actions

Tennessee, you believe degenrate Marines should be prosecuted ... but degenrate Marines who aren't healthy enough to be prosecuted should be honored? If John hadn't received the injuries he received, he'd be in jail like the rest of the dolts who participated that day. You don't have to be the one who gave them the alcohol to contribute to the delinquency of a minor - alcohol wasn't the only delinquency John contributed to. HE SHOULDN'T HAVE EVER BEEN INVOLVED IN THE STREET RACING ASPECT OF IT EITHER.

And people can quit saying "what kind of friend is Nick", when that Marine Corps Times article stated that John didn't consider Nick his friend. He was using him, so why should Nick feel bad? It sounds like everyone involved in this is self-centered. They all got what they asked for!

skhg

ninatrans: I completely agree with your post, and couldn't have said it any better. The others invoved in that accident, are just as guilty as Nick,and should have showed better common sense, at their age, than expected of Nick, at 17. My prays go out for all.

ordinary citizen that is held accountable for his actions

If you John supporters would actually look up Florida street racing laws, you'd see that "Anyone who aids or abets a street race also faces a maximum 90-day jail sentence."

John's just not in custody because his actions landed him in a near-vegetive state, and people are blinded by his uniform. He's a common criminal, a bad influence ... a bad seed.

Triple Play

# 12 LAST LAUGH YOU ARE A FREAKIN IDIOT. AFTER WHAT THE BOLLEA FAMILY HAS SAID AND DONE IS HORRIBLE AND YOU IN YOUR DIM WIT VIEW AGREE WITH THEM AND DO NOT SUPPORT THE VICTIM. TOO BAD THAT YOU WEREN'T IN THE CAR WITH NICK THERE WOULD BE NOTHING TO TALK ABOUT BUT A NOTHING IN THE HOSPITAL THAT WAS IN A CAR WRECK WITH A SPOILED A-HOLE

Smokey861

You all are running on assumptions again.

Go back to day 1 and re-read.
Nick's dad bought the booze.
There was bruising to John's chest, implying he was wearing a seatbelt. Either way it wouldn't have mattered.
John was also, SOBER. The only aspect of this is he was a passenger.

ordinary citizen that is held accountable for his actions

#18

In California, they arrest street race spectators. You don't even have to be in the car! Though, maybe reasonable laws don't apply to Marines here as well.

I think our troops should be supported, but they should also be encouraged to set good examples. And these days, it seems more like people pity the troops, rather than support them. That can't be a good thing!

Triple Play

# 18 AKA MATLOCK. YOU ARE PATHETIC AIDS AND ABETS BIG WORDS FROM A SUPPORTER OF A-HOLES.I WOULD BET THAT YOU HAVE A POSTER OF BROOKE OVER YOUR BED AND SPANK YOUR MONKEY/

ordinary citizen that is held accountable for his actions

Chaz - Something tells me your last name is Cheshire. I don't support the Bollea family. I'm anti-bollea-graziano. I think they're all tools, much like I believe you're a tool.

FIGHT - yes, it annoys me to see people talk about John like he was some weak person who couldn't handle a 17 year old. Saying Nick was in total control of the situation, it's his fault. I'd like to think one of our Marines would have total control of the situation, but I suppose they can't be that strong while people are thinking of them as weak people, who can be duped by a child.

rosie

Good post ninatrans. Well said. Absolutely John Graziano was either a very immature guy to be hanging around a 16 year old or using him and his family to his advantage. Whatever the case, he has paid a heavy price for it. And I agree too that this pat on the back because he is a war vet needs to be dumped. Believe me I am not anti vet or military in the least. Both my father and brother were career Navy men. But simply because someone is in the military and been to war does not make them all heroes. The thing that pissed me the most was the damn condescending attitude of the Bollea family. How in the hell could one mother who's son is alive and well have the gall to say that another mother whose son is clinically dead, not suffering like her? The crass statements from each and every member of the Bollea family shows how little they care about anyone other than themselves. Yes, Graziano was dumb to play with a punk and he has paid with his life. But none of it still absolves the Bolleas of their responsibility in letting a 16 year old drive like he has.

Triple Play

Pam861# 21 Thank you for your insight. I have been reading all of this BS and I have come to one conclusion John is a victim Nick was weong and Last Laugh is a Laugh and needs to get a job or a life

LADY J

THE HOGAN "PARENTS", IF YOU CAN CALL THEM THAT, SHOULD BE EXTREMELY EMBARASSED. YES, IT IS ULTIMATELY NICK WHO'S BEHAVIOR IS IN QUESTION, BUT WHAT ABOUT THE LACK OF MORALS AND RESPONSIBILITY THAT HE HAS? PART OF THAT HAD TO COME FROM HIS "PARENTS". ALL HE CARES ABOUT IS WHAT HE'S GOIN TO DO TO MAKE MONEY WHEN HE GET OUT OF JAIL...WHAT ABOUT THE KID YOU PUT IN A PERMANENT STATE OF HELPLESSNESS? BUT I GUESS LOOK AT WHERE HE CAME FROM, HIS FATHER IS SECRETLY IN LOVE WITH HIS OWN DAUGHTER AND ENJOYS ACTIVITIES SUCH AS RUBBING LOTION ON HER INNER THIGHS AND BEING A FRONT ROW PARTICIPANT IN HER BURLESQUE SHOW...UM? CAN WE SAY REVERSE OEDIPUS COMPLEX? AND HIS MOTHER IS DATING A BARELY LEGAL CHILD. WOW. I FEEL HORRIBLY SORRY FOR THIS WHOLE FAMILY...ESPECIALLY BROOKE.

Triple Play

# 25 That was ell done yousaid it all. Thank You last Laugh you are still a dumb ass

Janet

Unfortunately, Nick won't realize the extent of John's severe injuries until Nick's brain is fully developed somewhere between the ages of 23 to 26. At Nick's age now, again it's unfortunate, but he only has the ability to worry about what happens to himself and no one else.