Novak: All Things Considered, I Screwed Up

7/23/2008 1:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Robert NovakTMZ just spoke with Robert Novak, and one thing is clear: National Public Radio can be hazardous to pedestrians, especially the one he mowed down in D.C. this morning.

Novak tells us he was listening to "Morning Edition" on NPR in his Corvette when suddenly, "Some guy came up and hit my car with his fist. I figured I had done something that had created road rage, but I didn't know what it was. Then a bicyclist blocked the road in front of me. I asked what the problem was. He said, 'You can't just hit people and run away!'"

Novak says the cops came, put him "briefly" in the back of the police car and asked about what he heard at the time of impact. Novak told them and us that he didn't hear or feel anything. They asked if he had been drinking or on a cellphone. He answered "no" to both.

Novak, who was citied for failing to yield, says he won't fight the ticket, adding, "I assume witnesses are telling the truth."

And we asked him about his comments back in 2001 -- that he hates jaywalkers and thought about running them over. He responded, "I've said a lot of things I shouldn't have said."

As for reports that he's an aggressive driver, he says, "I'm 77 years old. I'm not aggressive anymore."

And finally, driving a Vette? "I've been driving Corvettes since 1961." Ride on.

Saxony

THUNK isn't a word.

moveover

It wouldn't surprise me that he knew exactly what he did and drove off. (And, what a waste of a nice corvette on this old fool!)

jewish smewish,,

ppl dont have to b hopped up on anything to numb their minds from the real world, its basically a strong way of daydreaming

i hope for his case that he really was

b

i've seen him driving while feverishly reading and turning pages.
he was on 123 in virginia, it was pretty bad.

william richard bradford

" i'm 77 and not aggressive anymore "

that's incredibly reassuring;

guessing back in the day, he would tend
to usually take out an entire zip code......

D

Could Novak possibly be any MORE of an ignorant jerk than he already is? --- apparently,...YEAH!
So I guess as long as you're rich and famous, you can go around hitting pedestrians and get away with it. The police who turned him loose without arresting him also should be ashamed of themselves....and get hit by a crazy old coot driving his 'Vette when they're 60.

dp

"I've said a lot of things I shouldn't have said."
well, duh!!!!

fussi

I think the old goat has a couple of corvettes in those eyebrows. Trim em dude. Serioiusly.

HOUSTON

YALL GOT IT WRONG!!!
HE WAS ON THE PHONE WITH McCAIN FOR ANOTHER SCOOP ON THE VP PICK..

WE LOVE YOU BOB, YOU'R ONE OF THE GOOD GUYS.

WobblyBoy

Novak should be cooling his jets in the pokey for outing Valerie Plame, unpatriotic as it was, and not cruising the streets in his Corvette.

Black Teef

Dude does have some serious 'brows.

SW

This old fart is an Ass

william richard bradford

relax people;

the pedestrian in his 60's was lobbyist
getting thrown under the bus on capitol hill......

Rockstar

Off to Gitmo with this loser. Revealing CIA operatives wasn't enough for this anti-American jerk, he's now resorted to actually doing harm to other Americans. This guy is an enemy of the state and an enemy of the American people.

But unlike the situation with Cheney, at least the victim had enough self-respect to not apologize for getting in his way, like that dork Cheney shot in the face apologized for getting in Cheney's line of fire. If that guy is THAT much of a loser that he apologizes to someone who shot him in the face, I can only imagine how much that twerp was bullied growing up.

And I totally agree, this old geezer should trade the Vette for a Buick, or better yet, a bus pass. Get these "I thought it was the brake" types off the road for good.

Angry Democrat 'Sky Blu' from LMFAO attack GOP Romney on Purpose .

Novak is a Good Media Reporter and this was just an accident , if his name was Gore he would just blame it on man made global warming.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments