Batman Stays Mum on Mum

7/24/2008 10:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

No Freudian slip for Christian Bale this morning.

He was in Barcelona this morning shilling for "The Dark Knight," and when asked about Mummygate and ... we got nothin'. He'd only say the incident was a "deeply personal matter."

As we reported yesterday, Bale has been estranged from his mom for decades and his peeps smell $hakedown.

Sarly

It seems like a personal family argument that only got any attention because he's famous. Many families have loud and serious arguments and they are not considered assult. No matter what was said or went on, no one really knows because they weren't there. The police consider the matter dropped and so should everyone else.

Kylie

LET IT GO TMZ, YOU GUYS POST THE WORST PICS YOU CAN OF HIM,LEAVE HIM ALONE,IS IT REALLY NESSASARY TO TRY AMD MAKE A BUCK OFF HIM WHEN IS HIS MOM AND SIS THAT ARE AT FAULT.GO FIND THEM BUT THEN IF YOU DID THAT THIS POOR MAN WOULD NEVER BE LEFT ALONE DO THE HONORABLE THING AND BACK OFF.REALL!!!!!!HOW DO YOU SLEEP AT NIGHT SHAME ON YOU!!!!REALLY

Glisten Garbor

#14 You are indeed anonymous and yet another nickname for you might be useless.

O Plz

Yes, Mom & Sis want money!! Now it's being reported that the sister asked for $200k for help in raising HER three kids!! He said no. What isn't reported is he probably said "HELL no. You had 'em, you raise 'em!!"
Agreed - as #12 said, TMZ go bug the mother and sister about their leeching. I'd LOVE to see that. Make their life miserable so it's just not Christian taking the heat. Go TMZ, Go. You're other stories are getting weak anyhow.

BosnianGirl24

I love Christian Bale. Hi is an amazing actor. I have just seen HARSH TIMES and i was blown away at how good he is in that movie. I saw the "THE DARK NIGHT" on the opening day and wow. I know that HEATH was great in the movie but CHRISTIAN was good too. He was the star of the movie. He is just so hottttttttttt and his voice is just so deep and sexy. I love his accent. I have accent too since i am from Bosnia(his wife is from BOSNIA), she moved to Chicago with her family.

His mother and sister are horrible people, trying to cash on his success. I am sure they wont get away with this.
I want him to smile, not be all grumpy and mad like he is now. Stupid B.......TChEs.

Good luck Christian.

noyankhere

THE MOTHER AND SISTER ARE NOTHING BUT SHAKEDOWN ARTISTS.. I FEEL SORRY FOR HIM, IT HAS BEEN REPORTED HERE IN THE UK PRESS THAT HIS MOTHER SAID SOMETHING RUDE ABOUT CHRISTAINS WIFE AND THAT HE DIDNT HIT ANYONE BUT LOST HIS RAG OVER THE COMMENTS HIS MOTHER MADE..SO, FOR HER TO THEN WAIT UNTILL NOON AND GO AND REPORTED IT AS ASSULT LOOKS TO ME LIKE SHE WANTS TO SELL A NON EXISTANT STORY TO THE "NEWS OF THE WORLD" OR ANY ONE OF OUR SUNDAY RAGS...SO SAD WHEN YOU ARE SADDLED WITH A MOTHER LIKE THAT. UGH!

noyankhere

PS.. I DOUBT IF TMZ OPERATE HERE IN THE UK.. AND ITS "MUM"" OVER HERE.. "MOM" HAS NO MEANING WHATSOEVER.. SO TMZ I SUGGEST YOU CARRY AN ENGLISH DICTIONARY IF YOU ARE COMING OVER TO BUG THE MOTHER AND SISTER.. MEANING TENDS TO GET LOST IN TRANSLATION.. LOL!! AS THEIR ACCENTS ARE REAL NOT THE BRITNEY SPEARS AND MADD DONNA VARIETY...FAKE..!

puppyeyes

Yeah, I am, too, sick of hearing all these allegations against Christian Bale. Move on, TMZ. Don't make me regret for having you as my favorite tabloid TV show.

balehead

I would like to volunteer to be his surragate mother please? He is beyond beautiful.....Who could be estranged from that?!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2