"Last Lecture" Professor Has Died

7/25/2008 10:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Carnegie Mellon professor turned "Last Lecture" Internet sensation Randy Pausch has died. He was 47.

Last September, Pausch's "Last Lecture" speech -- which was actually called "Really Achieving Your Childhood Dreams" -- became a viral phenomenon and was even retold in its entirety on Oprah.

Pausch had been battling pancreatic cancer and passed away early this morning. He is survived by his wife and three children.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

Ramone

Randy changed my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God Bless you and your family!

Thank you for helping all of us BECOME better people.

Amber

Rest in peasce...

Susan G

Randy was such an inspiration. I am still reading his book and his outlook was fabulous. We have alot to learn from this man. if onky half of us could learn his message what a better world it would be. God Bless Randy and his family. Somehow i know you and your girls will be okay. God Bless

b

I could throw a stone from my office to CMU--Pittsburgh is heartbroken and proud at the same time. We love you!!!!!!!!

Mike R

A true inspiration to many including those in my family who recently suffered the loss of my Mom to this dreadful disease. His strength and dedication to his family throughout his illness was truly amazing.

CHRISTY

After hearing his speech on Oprah I have an ENTIRELY new outlook on life. God Bless his family, and God Rest his soul. What a WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL MAN. We are better people today because of him. ~j~

David

This is a terrible loss. With all these jerks in Hollywood thinking they are the best and they can do anything they want. It's sad that a man with such a good heart and such spirt was taken from his family. This was a man that will always leave a mark on this world. TMZ shows us how crappy many of this actors are and how full of themselves they continue to be. Again, it's very sad to have lost such a great man

tdmz

So few of us leave a true legacy that is inspirational. While I am not the most emtional person Dr. Pausch spoke to everyone on what mattered the most. To his Family, my prayers go out to you for your loss and my appreciation for sharing him with the world so willingly. This crazy place is better for him being in it. He is no doubt in a much better place.

pramodh

randy....You are inspiring me day by day........i know many of the peoples are thinking like this....relay You are grate...

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7